The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1820
Original post by Rascacielos
You don't remember Rose? She was the main plotline at the end of the Christopher Eccleston era and pretty much throughout David Tennant's as well. :facepalm:

Yes, and I expect he will come back. It will ruin Doctor Who for me though.

No i remember Eccleston Rose and Tennant Rose but not Rose when Donna was the companion
Reply 1821
Just had a theory. The silents said that Amy had been there many days, and the eye patch women that she was still dreaming. The silents said she would bring the silence, so what if they altered her in some way while she was sleeping to affect her pregnancy? I doont understand how the eye patch women keeps popping up :s

ps sorry if this theory has been said before but it just came into my head
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1822
Original post by humy369
No i remember Eccleston Rose and Tennant Rose but not Rose when Donna was the companion

Rose was in the last three episodes of series 4 when Donna was the companion. (Turn Left, The Stolen Earth and Journey's End) And she also appeared briefly in other episodes of that series.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1823
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
I swear this thread is in a time loop with the amount of information being repeated as new information. :emo:

Her CV

http://www.spotlight.com/interactive/cv/F736.html

probably is :tongue: sorry 'bout that..............

aaaah that is very clever *impressed*
You know on the website there are secret messages after each episode...

Here are the three so far:

The Impossible Astronaut: All the secrets you seek can be found here on the Webb.

Day of the Moon: We found your message! You’re alive but what secrets d’you mean my friend?

Curse of the Black Spot: I mean I glimpsed him! And May the gods help him or perhaps you can.
Reply 1825
Original post by greeneyedgirl
You know on the website there are secret messages after each episode...

Here are the three so far:

The Impossible Astronaut: All the secrets you seek can be found here on the Webb.

Day of the Moon: We found your message! You’re alive but what secrets d’you mean my friend?

Curse of the Black Spot: I mean I glimpsed him! And May the gods help him or perhaps you can.

Where abouts on the website are these?
Original post by Gemini92

No idea, I got them from other people! But the first one corresponds with what Ape had previously said so think must be trustworthy
Reply 1827
Original post by greeneyedgirl
No idea, I got them from other people! But the first one corresponds with what Ape had previously said so think must be trustworthy

If you go on the 4th dimension part of the episode pages. Read the words in italics. :smile:
Original post by Gemini92

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0110g4b

Click "Fourth Dimension" and then add up all the words in italics to form a sentence. :h: I only know this because Ape said so last night. :colondollar:

EDIT: I'm so slow. :sigh:
Reply 1829

Mm. Too many Time Lords for me. I think the idea of the Doctor being the only Time Lord left is what makes Doctor Who - it should be a fixed idea that can't change with any wibbly-wobbly timey wimey stuff. When they start bringing new Time Lords in, it overcomplicates things, and as you said, it was too rushed. The Doctor was just like: "oh hey, Time Lords." *2 minutes of a Doctor-Master-TimeLord stand off* "Right ho, time to regenerate."

It's only what makes the new series.
I'm gonna go play some adventure games :teeth:

EDIT: I feel physically sick.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by humy369

Ah right. Yes, she came back for a couple of episodes (she jumped from one universe to the other somehow). She appears initially in the first episode with Donna as companion (discounting the Runaway Bride) where you see her face for a couple of seconds when Donna talks to her (obviously Donna doesn't know who she is, although she does know of Rose); and then she appears again in an episode where Donna has that Time Bug on her back, and finally in the one with all the planets in the sky, where she finally meets up with the Doctor again. Then you get Sarah Jane and her son, Cap'n Jack, Martha, Donna and Rose all in one epic episode.
Original post by Bella Occhi
I can just imagine Matt not taking the Master seriously and laughing at most of what he says, which would then just ruin the Master as a character - or, like you say, Matt would have to be all depressing and serious a la Tennant. If there were to be a new Master then John Simm would definitely be the wrong choice for this series, even though he said he wanted to come back.

Having said that, the classic Doctor Who had other Time Lords in it - it's only in the new one that they killed them off AFAIK. The Master has long been the Doctor's rival, some might say arch-rival, I don't think it'd be Doctor Who if he didn't come back every once in a while! Another Time Lord every series would be silly though.

Possibly. I've only seen a couple of the classic episodes, so I can't really comment. We'll see what happens, I guess. :smile:
Reply 1833
I want more Dream Lord. :moon:

mad person :tongue:
I feel so spammy! But this is clearly what is going through the Doctor's mind with the River kiss

That episode was fun enough. Lot of convenience in there. Hugh Bonneville was cool and Lily Cole looked cool. Wasn't much more than a usual "meet a group of people in a weird situation" episode.

Neil Gaiman next week, which is much better. Hopefully. It can still go to ****.

EDIT: And I think it's the episode with "Fear me. I have killed thousands of Time Lords." "Fear me. I killed them all." judging by the voice in the trailer.
(edited 12 years ago)
I want more Dream Lord. :moon:

Word.
Was also wondering about that. And they've said mirrors are gateways. Maybe somebody was watching them. Kovarian? Silents? Cybermen?

Also the curious thing about mirrors

Lots of pictures in spoiler:

Spoiler

Why so many mirrors? Now the above might be slightly 'out there' and a bit of a wild theory. But we've just had an entire episode about the significance of mirrors. And them being used as portals/gateways.

That sounds intriguing, and might explain how eyepatch lady appears? :holmes:
Original post by Colonel.
That episode was fun enough. Lot of convenience in there. Hugh Bonneville was cool and Lily Cole looked cool. Wasn't much more than a usual "meet a group of people in a weird situation" episode.

Neil Gaiman next week, which is much better. Hopefully. It can still go to ****.

EDIT: And I think it's the episode with "Fear me. I have killed thousands of Time Lords." "Fear me. I killed them all." judging by the voice in the trailer.

It is indeed :awesome:

Mm. Too many Time Lords for me. I think the idea of the Doctor being the only Time Lord left is what makes Doctor Who - it should be a fixed idea that can't change with any wibbly-wobbly timey wimey stuff. When they start bringing new Time Lords in, it overcomplicates things, and as you said, it was too rushed. The Doctor was just like: "oh hey, Time Lords." *2 minutes of a Doctor-Master-TimeLord stand off* "Right ho, time to regenerate."

But...but...but time-lords only stopped being in it with the revamp. The Time-War is set between the movie with Mcgann and CE. I'd prefer it with Time-Lords in it again, especially if they were hunting down the Doctor. That would be epic.

Was also wondering about that. And they've said mirrors are gateways. Maybe somebody was watching them. Kovarian? Silents? Cybermen?

Also the curious thing about mirrors

Lots of pictures in spoiler:

Spoiler

Why so many mirrors? Now the above might be slightly 'out there' and a bit of a wild theory. But we've just had an entire episode about the significance of mirrors. And them being used as portals/gateways.

Where's the mirror in the second one?

I swear this thread is in a time loop with the amount of information being repeated as new information. :emo:

It is, we are too active and things get lost/some people are just too lazy to actually look back a couple of pages to see it discussed there. Which was the case in the aftermath of DotM.
Original post by SirMasterKey
I'm not still in love with the relationship. I move on with the show.

Yeah. It's not fair to new companions or Doctors to constantly wish the other ones were there. I mean, Matt Smith is definitely equal to DT, he stepped up to the mark, and believe me I was one of those who was completely determined to hate him for replacing DT. But he's pretty good in his own right. Rose, Martha, Donna and Amy all have their merits, and they all have their downsides, but they're all unique characters and it's not really fair to hang onto the past. There's no point in watching a show if you just hang onto the past.

Latest