The Student Room Group

Battlefield 3

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Blob2491
So is the release date of 4th November confirmed?

October 25th according to IGN?

Second last paragraph, last line.

I had heard, too, that it was going to be hitting in November, but I think they want to get it out before Modern Warfare 3 hits with a sledgehammer in November for the 'rest' of the Gaming lot.

I still hold high hopes that Battlefield 3 will dominate Modern Warfare 3 at sales, though. :dontknow:
Is there any multiplayer footage? I mean a good 10 minutes or more.

Was promised it last night but got 2 hours of some guys running around sticking microphones in the faces of people playing the multiplayer. :dry:
Reply 82
Original post by DH-Biker
October 25th according to IGN?

Second last paragraph, last line.

I had heard, too, that it was going to be hitting in November, but I think they want to get it out before Modern Warfare 3 hits with a sledgehammer in November for the 'rest' of the Gaming lot.

I still hold high hopes that Battlefield 3 will dominate Modern Warfare 3 at sales, though. :dontknow:

The earlier, the better :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Original post by DH-Biker

I have a feeling Battlefield 3 will do better critically (and impress us) and Modern Warfare 3 will break its own records for sales.
I'll be getting this for xbox because my PC will not be able to run it on better graphics :tongue:

Also xbox will probably be easier, less hardcore gamers.
Reply 85
Jizz in my PANTS, the start reminds me of Black Hawk Down sooo much :smile:
one word...... EPIC!
Reply 87
Original post by Blob2491
The earlier, the better :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Agreed! :colone:

Original post by Ape Gone Insane
I have a feeling Battlefield 3 will do better critically (and impress us) and Modern Warfare 3 will break its own records for sales.

I, also, have the same feeling. It has significantly better gameplay, it was popular with Bad Company 2 and the way it was set out really made a huge difference.

Saying that, I think Modern Warfare 3 will nicely tie up what has worked and let go of what hasn't based on the experience and feedback from the other two and maybe Black Ops, also.
Not that I think it will make that much of a difference, but Modern Warfare, Black Ops, World at War, all had good points that I think they'll throw into the blender together. Sure, they aren't the same Developers, but they will still use each other's good sides.

However, I do still retain the hope and fairly strong view that Battlefield will outsell, outperform and heavily impress gamers who enjoy the First Person Shooter genre. Its multiplayer has always been popular, and I see no reason for that to change.

You also asked about footage; if you scan through E3's event, there was a 16 vs 16 game in "Metro" that they demonstrated. It looked fantastic! It was a Rush (or something similar which is new, (?)) game mode, started off outside then went into the tunnels and finally to the metro itself.

Again, it looked fab! And that was a smaller, interior-based map. Nothing yet shown on the large outside maps with jets, helicopters, tanks, etc. Which is peculiar, seen as the whole new massive map mash-ups was a strong idea they're riding on.

Check back through the E3 event, its on there somewhere. :smile:
Loved Battlefield 1942 because it was something different to the standard FPS and had more strategy/team work combined. BF2 was good, but BF3 is the game I'm really looking forward to!
Reply 89

It may not be as good as it was on PC, but it's good enough for me.
Reply 90
I've decided that over the summer I'm probably going to build my own PC solely to run this game.

Well not solely, but it's time will be split between CoD4 promods and BF3 definitely.
Original post by Keckers
I've decided that over the summer I'm probably going to build my own PC solely to run this game.

Well not solely, but it's time will be split between CoD4 promods and BF3 definitely.

Head over to the "Before you buy a PC" thread :P
Reply 92
Original post by xXedixXx
Head over to the "Before you buy a PC" thread :P

I plan to, but not before I finish my exams, otherwise I'll spend the next week ordering parts and doing no revision :tongue:
Reply 93
I will be getting the console version since I am not prepared to spend a lot of money on a new PC just for this one game.
Reply 94

This is why i'm getting it - Look at the amount of destruction and ...JETS!!!

The overall atmosphere enchanced by the audio,graphics and mechanics just looks like this could be the very well game that will di.ck all over cod.
Reply 95
I look forward to my new speaker system letting my whole house know i just blew up a building <3
Man I can't wait for this madness im gonna buy a PS3 just to play it as well as MW3
Original post by Tommyjw
I look forward to my new speaker system letting my whole house know i just blew up a building <3

I use headphones, like a pro. :P
oh wow yeah, I guess I've only thought of getting BF3 on the 360, should consider the PC version...

5 months to go
Original post by lukejoshjedi
oh wow yeah, I guess I've only thought of getting BF3 on the 360, should consider the PC version...

5 months to go

If you're PC can do it, you get better graphics on the PC. Plus I just overall think that a PC is far better than any console, do it's multi functionality.

Quick Reply

Latest