The Student Room Group

what was your best and worst secondary school trip?

Best was either the Somme or the Science Museum The Somme was amazing we went and walked around the battlefield we went to the Somme its self (the birds don't sing) Lochnagar Mine Crater the explosion was the biggest in WW1 and was so big it was herd in London we also went to Newfoundland Park and the memorial we found also a grave on a battlefield with my mates name who died on his B day. A little harrowing but a really cool trip all the same.

I love science so the Science and Natural History Museum are a no brainier the whale is amazing launch pad is really fun dinosaurs who doesn't like them and the sea monsters. I still love those museums today.

The worst were the White Horse and the national gallery an excite in trip is not going to see some old painting when your teacher has for the last 4 moths has told you exactly why you suck at a subject and systematically killed any passion you might have had for the subject also I was 11 I can see it if your doing art for GCSE but for an 11 year old it's going to be boring as sin.

The White Horse was terrible for so many reasons first of all the white horse from far away is impressive. but this trip sucked. we got to the car park and the heavens opened it just ****ed it down then we had to hike (I hate hiking)up to the horse which up close it the most boring thing ever just a few lines of white chalk rocks on the ground (roped off of course) nothing about the history of the thing then even more enforced trudging in the rain to a pub a car park where we had lunch in the pouring rain the teachers ****ed off int to the pub for at least an hour where they could warm up and have a hot meal I went in to use the loo they were by a fire drying off a couple of pints each and some really nice looking food then the rain stopped and it got really windy so i got much colder oh and we had to do these worksheets that basically turned to pulp as we hiked (more ******* hiking) back to the bussed for the long journey back to school (Reading) oh and of course the loos were locked on the coach (why were the loos always locked.). God I hated that trip.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending