The Student Room Group

Question about vodafone Stop the Clock

I just got a new phone on contract with vodaphone [SE w800, sweet!].

With stop the clock, it says, the first 3 minutes of the call you lose from your minutes, or pay for, then you don't pay for the next hour, after which you start paying /losing minutes.

Do you only get this once a day? For example, if at 12 noon on saturday i rang my friend, i'd pay for the first 3 minutes, then get the next hour free, then start paying again. If i hung up, and then called a another friend at 2pm, would i still pay for the first 3 minutes and then get the next hour free, and then start paying per minute again.

What about if i rang a friend, payed for 3 minutes, spoke for an hour, then hung up. could i promptly ring back, and again, pay for 3 minutes, then get 60 minutes free?

appreciate if you clear this up.
Sir Joe
I just got a new phone on contract with vodaphone [SE w800, sweet!].

With stop the clock, it says, the first 3 minutes of the call you lose from your minutes, or pay for, then you don't pay for the next hour, after which you start paying /losing minutes.

Do you only get this once a day? For example, if at 12 noon on saturday i rang my friend, i'd pay for the first 3 minutes, then get the next hour free, then start paying again. If i hung up, and then called a another friend at 2pm, would i still pay for the first 3 minutes and then get the next hour free, and then start paying per minute again.

What about if i rang a friend, payed for 3 minutes, spoke for an hour, then hung up. could i promptly ring back, and again, pay for 3 minutes, then get 60 minutes free?

appreciate if you clear this up.

i'm on the same deal with vodafone. you can use it more than once a day (in the times that they said/specified which they constitute as 'evenings and weekends'. when you make a call in those times, the first 3 min come off your monthly allowance/you pay for them, and then the next 57 minutes are free. also, yes, you can call someone, then hang up when the call length has been 59mins 59secs, and then call them again, because that's exactly what i do! :biggrin:

that's the reason i got the contract, because i only call people in the day time to find out where/when/who/what/why i'm meeting up with people, whilst in the evenings i have proper chats, especially with my friends at different universities.

i've been using the 'stop the clock' feature as specified and my bills have come out exactly as expected. anyhows, hope that this clears up the situation for you. :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending