The Student Room Group

nat 5 maths 2023

i took my national 5 maths exam today and it was so difficult compared to the past papers?? like every past paper that ive done only had circles, easy trigonometry and had simple inequalities. but this year there's inqualities with FRACTIONS :sob: and a weird question about a triangle that no one understood. whoever designed that paper deserves the worst
Reply 1
Personally, I thought the test was fine but I can understand how some people found it really hard.
Reply 2
Yeahh I am so worried about whether I'm gonna pass or not. I did well in the prelim and I thought this would be similar 😭. I hope they lower the percentage to pass since it was so difficult. There were so many triangle questions. AND THAT CLOCK QUESTION AHHH.
Reply 3
if anyone can get a copy of the paper to upload i would be grateful
Reply 4
Original post by CossLne

Locked papers cannot be requested or uploaded
Reply 5
what is a locked paper?

Original post by Muttley79
Locked papers cannot be requested or uploaded
Reply 6
Original post by CossLne
what is a locked paper?

One that's just been sat - the exam board locks them for a time
Reply 7
Original post by Muttley79
One that's just been sat - the exam board locks them for a time

ok thanks
I've seen worked exam documents floating around an hour after the exam

Original post by CossLne
Reply 9
Original post by CossLne

Just watch the videos on YouTube. A teacher posted a full walkthrough video on it
Reply 10
The idea is that I "do" the paper - which I've done now. I'm not looking for solutions as I'm more than capable myself and do my own walkthroughs for youtube
Original post by Random….
Just watch the videos on YouTube. A teacher posted a full walkthrough video on it
(edited 11 months ago)
Original post by pyrofrost_99
i took my national 5 maths exam today and it was so difficult compared to the past papers?? like every past paper that ive done only had circles, easy trigonometry and had simple inequalities. but this year there's inqualities with FRACTIONS :sob: and a weird question about a triangle that no one understood. whoever designed that paper deserves the worst

Are u talking about the triangle on paper 1 if it is it’s the cosine rule we’re u find the side

Original post by Rum3n77
Yeahh I am so worried about whether I'm gonna pass or not. I did well in the prelim and I thought this would be similar 😭. I hope they lower the percentage to pass since it was so difficult. There were so many triangle questions. AND THAT CLOCK QUESTION AHHH.

Tbh I managed to they the clock question, plus it was similar in the 2021,2017 paper. Paper one the triangle question ummm I I’m guessing I may got 2/3 cos I forgot too so one step

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending