The Student Room Group

TSR's Movie Madness

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
The next 16 polls are up, finally. Never thought I was going to finish them all at one stage.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 181
Ah ****, so close to 15 points. :sigh:

Original post by cambo211
x

You absolute trooper for working out all those scores. :p:
Oh, I didn't realise I had to sign up or something, I just voted along with everyone :colondollar:
Original post by Delta_Aitch
Oh, I didn't realise I had to sign up or something, I just voted along with everyone :colondollar:

What do you mean? :holmes:
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
What do you mean? :holmes:

As in my score is not on the list because I wasn't on the original post. I didn't realise I had to be :emo:
I just causally started voting.
As in my score is not on the list because I wasn't on the original post. I didn't realise I had to be :emo:
I just causally started voting.

You don't. :tongue:

Anybody can vote. This prediction thing is just a little extra. Like football betting.
You don't. :tongue:

Anybody can vote. This prediction thing is just a little extra. Like football betting.

Ohhhh right! Haha okay, I get it :colondollar:

So I can still place my votes for the new round?
Reply 187

Absolutely you can. :smile: There's only about 40 people making predictions, where some of the polls had over a hundred votes. :p:

Absolutely. Even better if you can encourage others who do not normally browse the film forums to do so!
Original post by Phalanges
Absolutely you can. :smile: There's only about 40 people making predictions, where some of the polls had over a hundred votes. :p:

Absolutely. Even better if you can encourage others who do not normally browse the film forums to do so!

Ahhh, brilliant, I thought I was messing up the results or something :afraid:
I'm going to place my votes now :sexface:
The tricky thing might be (for people not actively following this thread) that all the new threads are appearing as read rather than unread and are all named 'Round 1' (rightly so) but that might not bring the new round of voting to everyone's attention.

Time to promote I guess.
Reply 191

The tricky thing might be (for people not actively following this thread) that all the new threads are appearing as read rather than unread and are all named 'Round 1' (rightly so) but that might not bring the new round of voting to everyone's attention.

Time to promote I guess.

I've asked the admin if I can get a couple of unique thread tags in an attempt to combat this.
Reply 192
Original post by Betacra
Rear Window losing is absurd, it's my favourite Hitchcock film, that's another one of those films that just should of won almost regardless of what it was against.

Well, it's not really about doing justice to those films, is it? I expect I'll be just about the only person to vote for M, even though it's an amazing film and would be a worthy winner.:frown:
Reply 193
Original post by hobnob
Well, it's not really about doing justice to those films, is it? I expect I'll be just about the only person to vote for M, even though it's an amazing film and would be a worthy winner.:frown:

Nein! I voted for M :biggrin:
Reply 194
Original post by Adorno
Nein! I voted for M :biggrin:

Yay.:biggrin:
It's a real shame that Plato's Trousers isn't around at the moment, he'd have voted for it as well.
Reply 195
Original post by hobnob
Yay.:biggrin:
It's a real shame that Plato's Trousers isn't around at the moment, he'd have voted for it as well.

It's a fascinating film. I've not seen the fully restored version yet though but may treat myself eventually. Fritz Lang's films from that period are truly amazing and ignored by modern audiences unjustly.
Reply 196
Original post by Adorno
It's a fascinating film. I've not seen the fully restored version yet though but may treat myself eventually.

I'm not entirely sure if the version I saw was the restored one, actually. What are the differences?
Fritz Lang's films from that period are truly amazing and ignored by modern audiences unjustly.

Well, I mainly like his silent films, but for M I'm willing to make an exception.:wink:
Reply 197
Original post by hobnob
I'm not entirely sure if the version I saw was the restored one, actually. What are the differences?

Well, I mainly like his silent films, but for M I'm willing to make an exception.:wink:

There isn't. I checked and I confused M with Metropolis :redface: It's been a long day.
Reply 198
Original post by Adorno
There isn't. I checked and I confused M with Metropolis :redface: It's been a long day.

Ah. Well that's worth watching as well, obviously, but my personal favourites are Dr Mabuse (which also has a brilliant new score) and Frau im Mond, which is a wonderfully ludicrous sci-fi film.:smile:
I don't get this, half of these combinations are just incommensurable.

Quick Reply

Latest