The Student Room Group

This is why people in poor countries should stop breeding so much.

now before you have a go at me, watch this video. somalia are currently going through a severe famine and drought and cannot find something to eat and drink for days at a time resulting in death. in this video is shows a somalian woman, a mother of 3 who goes on a journey to seek some water for her children and on that journey each and every child dies due to the severe drought. its a very sad video yet it made me angry at the poor woman for having children in those circumstances. they've bared the brunt of her actions and now they are dead. it also makes me realize how lucky i am to have to be able to have safe cleaning drinking water within easy reach. what do you guys think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=UYDWAqOqVxg#!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
They have loads of children because they know a lot of them will end up dying. If they didn't have loads, there probably wouldn't be enough children for another generation.
Reply 2
How easy is it to find contraception in Somalia though?
Reply 3
Original post by No Man

Original post by No Man
They have loads of children because they know a lot of them will end up dying. If they didn't have loads, there probably wouldn't be enough children for another generation.

This. I never thought about it like that but very true.
Reply 4
Original post by No Man

Exactly. Just like fishes. Fishes have thousands of baby fishes, yet most of them will die before they can reproduce. It's only what nature intended.
Reply 5
1. No condoms. And yes, black people have a sexual desire as well.
2. Children are some kind of provisions for old days. In a poor country you earn very less (on average), I doubt most people can save any money. If you get old, cannot work anymore and there is no national insurance system to pay for - how do you survive if there are no children caring for you?

Yes, this overcrowding has to end, and yes, less people in these countries means more ressources for every single of them, but tell me how to achieve that other than through constant economic growth and social change.
Reply 6
If someone said that to my face id kick their ****ing head in.
Ignorant racist scum who come out with this crap make my blood boil!
Breeding? You make it sound like she is an animal. She had 3 kids not 10. Any as other people have said contraception may not be readily available and other stuff I won't repeat. How many times do people need to be told this?
Reply 8
Original post by No Man

Yes, but by pure common sense, she may have the ability to feed and give water to one child, but not enough to give to three. Why, in that case, have three dead children, rather than one alive one?
Every women on this planet has the right to have a child if she is biologically able to, so why shouldn't this African women?
Reply 10
Original post by lilmissyox
now before you have a go at me, watch this video. somalia are currently going through a severe famine and drought and cannot find something to eat and drink for days at a time resulting in death. in this video is shows a somalian woman, a mother of 3 who goes on a journey to seek some water for her children and on that journey each and every child dies due to the severe drought. its a very sad video yet it made me angry at the poor woman for having children in those circumstances. they've bared the brunt of her actions and now they are dead. it also makes me realize how lucky i am to have to be able to have safe cleaning drinking water within easy reach. what do you guys think?

We can fund a war but we cant feed the poor

Reminds me of this quote.
Reply 11
Original post by lilmissyox

I dont really care about them as long as al shahaab denies all western aid
Original post by najinaji
Yes, but by pure common sense, she may have the ability to feed and give water to one child, but not enough to give to three. Why, in that case, have three dead children, rather than one alive one?

Good luck with your travel to Iceland. :smile:
As EU you have some general rights and stuff. Don't forget your european health card.:cool:
Reply 13
Original post by pinda.college
Every women on this planet has the right to have a child if she is biologically able to, so why shouldn't this African women?

He didn't say she didn't have a right to, he asked why she does it.

I am perfectly within my rights to fritter all my money away on millions of penny sweets, that does not make it a good idea, and it certainly gives others the right to ask a few bemused questions.

Not that I necessarily agree with the OP, just thought I would point that out.
Reply 14
TSR, Where black people are bashed day in day out
Original post by Fallen
He didn't say she didn't have a right to, he asked why she does it.

I am perfectly within my rights to fritter all my money away on millions of penny sweets, that does not make it a good idea, and it certainly gives others the right to ask a few bemused questions.

Not that I necessarily agree with the OP, just thought I would point that out.

What I meant is that when somebody has a 'right' then they should not be expected to be scrutinized over their personal decisions to carry out that particular right. You can go ahead and buy millions of penny sweets, it might not be sensible however, who are we to question why you're doing that?
Reply 16
Original post by najinaji

Your ignorance astonishes me.

One child may have enough to eat and drink, but the chances of dying from disease/lack of sanitaion are still extremely high.
Reply 17
Original post by pinda.college
What I meant is that when somebody has a 'right' then they should not be expected to be scrutinized over their personal decisions to carry out that particular right. You can go ahead and buy millions of penny sweets, it might not be sensible however, who are we to question why you're doing that?

Well his argument is that it is ultimately the children who suffer because of this choice. If you are of that opinion, then it certainly becomes other peoples' business because others are implicated in the decision.
For instance if I decided to buy millions of penny sweets rather than feed my children, I think questions would (and should) be asked.

If what the OP seems to think is correct, then I think asking questions about it is very important. If he in incorrect, then you are right it is none of our business. Therefore it seems the debate should be able whether he is right or not, nor whether we have the right to scrutinise peoples' choices. (In principal I think we absolutely should scrutinise others' choices, because if we find something by looking from the outside which isn't obvious from the inside, then it is our duty to offer them education in the matter).
Infant mortality rate.
It has nothing to do with racism.

The woman is irresponsible for having children when she knows she can't feed them or give them any sort of quality of life. If this means no sex, fine.

There is no excuse to introduce children into this world to face inevitable suffering and death. Not the womans sexual desire, not her survival. No reason or justification at all.

Irresponsible and wrong. It's the truth.

Just editing: sad to see so many supposed civilised humans condoning the avoidable suffering and death of children. Disappointed in the human race.
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending