The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Do you find the idea of gay sex replusive?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by ninth2

Gay people don't need their brain receptors tested by the way; nothing to diagnose here.

Didn't say I wanted to diagnose anything, simple analysis would be more interesting - would perform the same tests on hetero's for comparison - would obviously need to be proper controls in place.
I actually find two men kissing really quite hot :colondollar:
But the thought of them actually 'going for it' with the intercourse... yeah I find visualising it a bit gross.
I'd never consider myself homophobic though; I would happily watch two fit guys make out for ages (making myself sound a little creepy now lol).
I also find the idea of two heterosexuals rimming quite gross, it doesn't affect my judgement of them though. Just different strokes for different folks.
Reply 102
As I straight man I axiomatically don't find it attractive, I'm not sure I view it as repulsive though, more like something I don't want to see...is that the same? Repulsive implies a stronger negative stance I think? I don't want to see fat and ugly straight couples having sex either.
Original post by bitedebate
Well if the sexual act only disgusts you when it's done between two members of the same gender, then yes, you have a problem with people's orientation rahter than the act itself. These opinions about acts don't form from a social vacuum, everyone internalises ideas and accepted ways of thinking about sex acts. If those sex acts are strictly seen as occurring between two members of the same sex (whether that popular opinion is true or not) and you consequently feel 'disgusted', then you have internalised homophobia.

Utter retardation. Honestly, reading that bullcrap you just wrote cost me a few IQ points. Does this also extend to homosexuals that find heterosexual sex repulsive? Anyway, if finding the act repulsive makes you homophobic then surely if you find a pedophile ahem*....... in a compromising position with a child that'll also mean you internally hate children and men? No? Like I said, epic logic fail on your part. It is actually possible to hate something someone does without actually hating the person duh. Use your common sense ffs.
Reply 104
Firstly, if I did 'find the idea of gay sex repulsive', I hope someone would tell me to keep it to myself, for it is a fairly useless and potentially harmful viewpoint to broadcast.

Secondly, I hope that someone would encourage me to move beyond a facile judgment based on whether it makes me cringe or not. Spiders make me shiver; does the fault then lie with the spider? I hope that I would go on to try andunderstand not only more about such sexual activity, but principally, what this sexual activity feels like for those engaged in it, and why they might personally enjoy it.

Such an understanding should (a) lead me to modify my earlier, more extreme judgment; and (b) help me to be at peace about it, so that I did not let it affect my relations with people ostensibly engaged in this kind of sex.

Personally, I do not find gay sex (between males) repulsive. This is because I have some personal, emotional, understanding of why this is enjoyable for some people, and why they choose to do it. It is different from vaginal sex yes, but I don't find it repulsive. And if I did, I'd try and interrogate myself first, before I looked again at the act.
Reply 105
Well being a girl I don't know how a guy would feel about gay sex, but I think the issue is they're probably thinking about it the wrong way. I mean, the idea of two men having sex isn't disgusting, hopefully, to anyone, but maybe the idea of gay sex to them (i.e. the idea of they themselves having sex with another man) repulses them. which is fair enough I suppose if they aren't gay.
I hate courgette. I hate eating courgette. I hate everything about courgette. It is a vile, disgusting thing, and it doesn't deserve to be called a food. However, I had supper with my family last night, and they ate courgette, and that was fine. I didn't have any, and everyone was happy.

A similar thing can be said about gay sex. I wouldn't want to take part in it, and I'd rather not think about it either, if it could be avoided. However, if two consenting men want to have sex, that's fine, provided they don't try to get me involved!

That is possibly the weirdest analogy I have ever made, and I'll bet nobody has ever tried to compare courgettes to gay sex before, but my point stands!
Sure as hell don't find it appealing
Reply 108
Original post by EffieFlowers
I mean at the end of the day it's not that different from what straight people do? :confused:

Is it any different at all? Its just that the partners can swap round and do it the other way (without the aid of tools etc).
Reply 109
Original post by FrogInABog
That is possibly the weirdest analogy I have ever made, and I'll bet nobody has ever tried to compare courgettes to gay sex before, but my point stands!

Depends what you do with the courgette.
Original post by py0alb

Thank goodness I'm not the only incredibly dirty minded person here who thought exactly that.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
I guess so but the idea of anyone I know having sex would be undesirable, two guys would probably be worse for me though.
Original post by py0alb

Original post by Sheldor
Thank goodness I'm not the only incredibly dirty minded person here who thought exactly that.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Apologies! I only realised that courgette was one of the worst analogies I could've chosen after I posted it, but I hate it so much, it worked for me :tongue:
Reply 113
Original post by hobbit_

Such an understanding should (a) lead me to modify my earlier, more extreme judgment; and (b) help me to be at peace about it, so that I did not let it affect my relations with people ostensibly engaged in this kind of sex.

Apply this attitude to anything though and you would gradually just accept everything that comes across your path.
Reply 114
Original post by ufo2012
Apply this attitude to anything though and you would gradually just accept everything that comes across your path.

Not really. For instance, my neighbours were very noisy last night - arguing and throwing things around, and they woke me up at 4 AM :angry:

This annoyed me very much, and of course I didn't accept this. I complained to my landlord (who owns all the flats) since this has recurred and he hasn't done anything but 'warn' them which is clearly ineffectual. I don't 'accept' what my neighbours are 'like' - I want something to change. But on the other hand, I'm not fuming in ignorant fury because they can't live happily together; I am well aware that there are all sorts of issues I have no idea about.

I guess you can condemn something in a way which is reasoned and moderated by at least an attempt at trying to understand the situation. It also means you have some degree of sympathy.

And besides, the incident with my neighbours affected me directly, which is a completely different thing to forming judgments on things which have no personal contact with you at all (such as the 'idea of gay sex').
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 115
Original post by EffieFlowers
I have no idea whether this is in the right section or not! Feel free to move.

Well I was just reading through that 'Am I homophobic for feeling this way' thread and I was quite surprised by the amount of straight people who said they found the idea disgusting.

And to me that was quite surprising, I mean I'm straight but the idea of homosexual's engaging in sexual behavior doesn't repulse me, I mean at the end of the day it's not that different from what straight people do? :confused:

I just always assumed that the majority of people had the same sort of mindset as me, so what do you guys think?

i wouldnt think about a straight persons sex life so why would i think about a gay persons
Reply 116
I never understand why straight people who are weirded out by the thought of gay sex are labelled homophobes. Nature wants us to copulate with the opposite sex to make healthy babies. That's why we are programmed to be repulsed by incest (produces unhealthy babies), paedophilia (mother will not be developed enough to produce a healthy baby), ugly people ( a possible sign that they have bad genes leading to unhealthy babies) and homosexuality (produces no babies) Therefore at the base level in order for a species to survive they must be 'programmed' to be repulsed by the idea of gay sex in order to prevent 'wastage' of sperm on acts that won't produce the next generation. Of course we have now evolved into an advanced civilization where these things are not so important anymore. Seeing as homosexuality is a victimless crime and we're not fighting for species survival out in the bush anymore w're all cool with it now. But can you see that if most people weren't naturally repelled by the idea of homosexuality then the rate of same sex relationships would skyrocket and the birth rate would plummet. Therefore being repelled by the idea of gay sex is no more homphobic than a gay person being repelled by the idea of strait sex is heterophobic.
Should the anus be used as a sex organ? Google First Scandal. When you get there, go to the top of the page and click on "Welcome University of Alabama Students."
Reply 118
Original post by py0alb
Is it any different at all? Its just that the partners can swap round and do it the other way (without the aid of tools etc).

It's possible for two gay men to penetrate each other simultaneously but requires a bit of gymnastics.:colondollar:
Reply 119
Original post by Robert Hagedorn
Should the anus be used as a sex organ? Google First Scandal. When you get there, go to the top of the page and click on "Welcome University of Alabama Students."

Should it be used to defecate out of is a better question?:colondollar:

Latest

Trending

Trending