and what kind of people are there in those halls

tyvm!!!!
app mill is the best
Original post by ColossalKrish
whats the best halls likes perks and negatives

and what kind of people are there in those halls

tyvm!!!!
app mill is the best

mill is the worst - yes its ensuite, but its noisy, and you live in seemingly endless corridors with kitchens dotted about rather than flats

theres not much difference between bishop complex and lancaster complex rooms - its mostly freshers, ensuite usually 8 - 10 in a flat

chepstow and faraday arent ensuite but do have a sink in the rooms - they arent as modern as bishop or lancaster but still decent - and cheaper!

isambard complex is mostly for students in other years to first year - usually 3rd years or postgrads - also have studio flats there - its ensuite and very similar to bishop and lancaster

all accommodation in brunel is decent, and even the worst is nicer than some places i visited!
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website
Original post by littlemissmidget123
mill is the worst - yes its ensuite, but its noisy, and you live in seemingly endless corridors with kitchens dotted about rather than flats

theres not much difference between bishop complex and lancaster complex rooms - its mostly freshers, ensuite usually 8 - 10 in a flat

chepstow and faraday arent ensuite but do have a sink in the rooms - they arent as modern as bishop or lancaster but still decent - and cheaper!

isambard complex is mostly for students in other years to first year - usually 3rd years or postgrads - also have studio flats there - its ensuite and very similar to bishop and lancaster

all accommodation in brunel is decent, and even the worst is nicer than some places i visited!

tyvm and what about the kind of people I head mill had a courtyard in the middle and it was really good just wanted to know the types of people sexes etc cus I don't wanna go anywhere dead but not ott
Original post by ColossalKrish
tyvm and what about the kind of people I head mill had a courtyard in the middle and it was really good just wanted to know the types of people sexes etc cus I don't wanna go anywhere dead but not ott

they big up mill hall but its not brilliant!
ensuite is usually mixed gender (apart from some ground floor flats which are all male for safety reasons, and the occasional other flat like mine which is all female!)
non ensuite is single sex
people wise - as a first year youll get put in with people who are probabyl first years too - but will certainly be in your general age range
Reply 4
I've applied for Isambard Complex!
Reply 5
I was in St. Margarets, Bishop Complex which are fairly new and I think they are really nice!! The bedroom is quite big for a uni room and the en suite is a great size too. I enjoyed my first year being in halls a lot :smile:

The worst is probably Mill Hall. A few friends were in there and was quite noisy as people can go into each others corridors, whereas in St. Margarets they were flats with 10 rooms and a kitchen. However, some liked it that way as they got to meet more people.

It's hard to say what people are going to be like as they do change every year! My flat had a few nice people in and also had someone on the same course as me which was helpful.

Good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending