The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Accommodation

I’ve now made Cardiff my firm choice and looking for accommodation options. I’m doing Architecture and would like to find out what’s the best option. I was thinking of choosing the closest halls which would be Aberdare halls but there seems to be a lot of problems with them, any advice?
Original post by sashaxcaos
I’ve now made Cardiff my firm choice and looking for accommodation options. I’m doing Architecture and would like to find out what’s the best option. I was thinking of choosing the closest halls which would be Aberdare halls but there seems to be a lot of problems with them, any advice?

Even I am in the confusion while choosing accom. I submitted the application to Cardiff University for accommodation as they guarantees it, but the halls are okish!! But as they are monitored by university, its a plus plus.
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

I'm doing Architecture too, I've got no clue what accommodation to pick. Let me know which accommodation you chose
Reply 3
Original post by Jessie.F.P
I'm doing Architecture too, I've got no clue what accommodation to pick. Let me know which accommodation you chose

just saw your reply now! I picked, Talybont Court, Colum Hall, Aberconway Hall, Adam Street Gardens, Roy Jenkins Hall, Senghennydd Court, Clodien House, Cartwright Court. but since you have to pick 10 I just added the different options for the same accommodation. I just chose them based off of that I would rather not share a bathroom, and then the comments about them on the internet. (and I would’ve ideally liked to have chosen the closest one to the architecture building, aberdare hall but the comments about it seem kinda negative and that there were leaks and that sort of thing). and sorry this is a bit late lol, what have you chosen?

Hi :smile:

Current Cardiff Uni student here!

What are you looking to get out of your accommodation? Would you like it to be more social? Close to the city centre? Female only?

These are all important things to consider.

Jaz - Cardiff Uni Rep
Reply 5

ive firmed cardiff for architecture too, do you know if there’s a group chat or anything for the course?
Hi there:smile:

I found the group for my course originally on Cardiff University Freshers Facebook group. There are usually posts asking for people in their accommodation or on their course. I actually met most of my course friends this way before even coming to uni.

Hope this helps

Jaz - Cardiff Uni Rep
Reply 7

I've firmed Cardiff and am doing architecture too:smile: I've chosen to live at the west wing which was only built recently so looks really nice, and reviews on student crowd all seem great.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending