The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

University of Southampton accommodation

Which is the best accommodation overall for UoS??
Original post by h6yates
Which is the best accommodation overall for UoS??

Hi,

Different accommodations will suit different people for different reasons such as population, location etc. In my first year I stayed in Glen Eyre and loved it! It is one of Southampton's larger halls and is a really lovely green area that is a short walk to Highfield and about a 15 minute walk to Avenue Campus. There are also really frequent bus links into the city which makes getting around Southampton so easy! The green space in Glen Eyre is great in the summer, lots of people have BBQs and study outside. I found it nice to be able to access the city easily by bus but, I also really liked being out of the general hustle and bustle that you get while living in the city centre.

Saying that, lots of people enjoy that and choose to stay in Mayflower halls which has a bus stop right outside, a gym and a Co-op. It is near the city's restaurants, shops, bars and clubs so if that is important to you then you should definitely have a look at Mayflower!

Another popular halls is Wessex Lane, one of the university's larger halls. This halls is close to the airport and the Wessex Lane sports grounds, which can be really helpful if you are on sports teams or take part in any of the classes on offer there! I know people that stayed there and really enjoyed it, especially the social aspects.

Smaller halls such as Highfield Hall are also on offer, this halls offers catered packages and is round the corner from Avenue Campus so could be ideal if you are studying on the humanities campus or prefer a smaller, quieter, halls.

I hope this helped somewhat and gave you a broad overview of some of the accommodation available here in Southampton.

Jasmine (an Official University of Southampton Rep):smile:
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Original post by Uni of Southampton Students
Hi,

Different accommodations will suit different people for different reasons such as population, location etc. In my first year I stayed in Glen Eyre and loved it! It is one of Southampton's larger halls and is a really lovely green area that is a short walk to Highfield and about a 15 minute walk to Avenue Campus. There are also really frequent bus links into the city which makes getting around Southampton so easy! The green space in Glen Eyre is great in the summer, lots of people have BBQs and study outside. I found it nice to be able to access the city easily by bus but, I also really liked being out of the general hustle and bustle that you get while living in the city centre.

Saying that, lots of people enjoy that and choose to stay in Mayflower halls which has a bus stop right outside, a gym and a Co-op. It is near the city's restaurants, shops, bars and clubs so if that is important to you then you should definitely have a look at Mayflower!

Another popular halls is Wessex Lane, one of the university's larger halls. This halls is close to the airport and the Wessex Lane sports grounds, which can be really helpful if you are on sports teams or take part in any of the classes on offer there! I know people that stayed there and really enjoyed it, especially the social aspects.

Smaller halls such as Highfield Hall are also on offer, this halls offers catered packages and is round the corner from Avenue Campus so could be ideal if you are studying on the humanities campus or prefer a smaller, quieter, halls.

I hope this helped somewhat and gave you a broad overview of some of the accommodation available here in Southampton.

Hi! I have a question
I applied for accommodation, but I haven’t made my firm or insurance yet. I plan to make Southampton my firm, ucl my insurance if I have an offer but they are still conducting interviews for my course and won’t respond until may
When I looked back at my accommodation application, I wanted to make some changes but I can’t on there
Is there anything I can do? Could I retract my application and make a new one?
Please could I have some advice
Original post by Anonymous
Hi! I have a question
I applied for accommodation, but I haven’t made my firm or insurance yet. I plan to make Southampton my firm, ucl my insurance if I have an offer but they are still conducting interviews for my course and won’t respond until may
When I looked back at my accommodation application, I wanted to make some changes but I can’t on there
Is there anything I can do? Could I retract my application and make a new one?
Please could I have some advice

Hello,

4th year Bm5 student at southampton here 👋
I am not entirely sure if you can retract your application and make a new one.
The best thing would be to contact the accommodations team for advice. They are the most knowledgeable in that topic.
The deadline for accommodations is in July, so still plenty of time to fix the issue and if needed submit a new application.
Here are the contact details of the accommodations team:
[email protected]
+44 (0)23 80 595959

Don’t hesitate if you have any other questions

Cynthia ( University of Southampton student ambassador)
https://www.southampton.ac.uk
Hello,

4th year Bm5 student at southampton here 👋
I am not entirely sure if you can retract your application and make a new one.
The best thing would be to contact the accommodations team for advice. They are the most knowledgeable in that topic.
The deadline for accommodations is in July, so still plenty of time to fix the issue and if needed submit a new application.
Here are the contact details of the accommodations team:
[email protected]
+44 (0)23 80 595959

Don’t hesitate if you have any other questions

Cynthia ( University of Southampton student ambassador)
https://www.southampton.ac.uk

Thank you!
I contacted accommodation and they helped sort it out - I couldn’t put a new application, but I could add new stuff on my notes to make up for it
hopefully I’ll get an accom offer soon!
Reply 5
Hi there does anyone know what size the beds are in Glen Eyre - Chancellor's Court - Selborne Block - Enhanced Plus Shared bathroom?
Hi,

Hi Jasmine,
Hopefully will be studying at Avenue campus..wanted to know 3 halls which are closest to it...so Highfield hall is 1 and between Glen eyre and Mayflower which is closest ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending