The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Kitchen sharing in accomodation

How many people share a single kitchen in each of the different accomodation halls comparatively?
On campus at the University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Original post by Anonymous
How many people share a single kitchen in each of the different accomodation halls comparatively?

Hey!
The number of people sharing a single kitchen can vary widely depending on the accommodation type and hall. It's very subjective, and there isn't a one-size-fits-all answer. Personally, I live in Erasmus Park, and the kitchen is shared between 10 students. Sharing a kitchen between 10 students works well for us as we all have different schedules and cooking habits, so it's rare to have a crowded kitchen. However, your experience may vary depending on your flatmates.

The number of people sharing a kitchen is usually determined by the size of the hall, the number of students in each flat or apartment, and the facilities available. Generally speaking, the larger the hall, the more people will be sharing a kitchen. However, this isn't always the case, and it's essential to check the specific details of each accommodation option. Hope you find the best accommodation according to your specific needs!

Best Wishes
Priya :smile:
Postgraduate Ambassador
Original post by Anonymous

Hi,

In my first year I stayed in Chancellor's Courts in Glen Eyre, I was in a standard flat and was sharing one kitchen with five other people (so six to a flat overall). It was really manageable and the kitchens were a very good size.

Is there a specific halls of residence you have in mind?

Jasmine (an Official University of Southampton Rep):smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Uni of Southampton Students
Hi,

In my first year I stayed in Chancellor's Courts in Glen Eyre, I was in a standard flat and was sharing one kitchen with five other people (so six to a flat overall). It was really manageable and the kitchens were a very good size.

Is there a specific halls of residence you have in mind?

Jasmine (an Official University of Southampton Rep):smile:

Hi!

I want a hall where I would have to share the kitchen with the least amount of people. Do you know which one might that be?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending