The Student Room Group

AQA Accounting Unit 2 - 22nd May

Scroll to see replies

Hey guys, when it asked you to depreciate 25%, was you meant to do it just for one year or 2? This could have cost me some really valuable marks...
Original post by tom_elsey
It definitely is £72000, checked with my teacher and a debenture is a yearly cost, which cannot be split between months :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

in my workings i got 72000 but i divided by 2 to get 36,000. Do you think that more than 2 marks will be lost for that?
Reply 262
Has anyone got a unoffical mark scheme for this paper?
This was a resit for me..
I'm relying solely on OFR and low grade boundaries
Absolute beeeetch of a paper, and they say exams are getting easier..:confused:
Surely you would not include debetbure interest of £72000 in the income statement because it did say its paid yearly and they issued it in October of 2012 so they would pay the first interest in October 2013 so it would not go in the income statement because the year ends in April 2013

Posted from TSR Mobile
Was it only me who didn't include the maintenance contract in the non current asset, the first 2 points are considered capital expenditure but not a maintenance contract

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 266
Original post by masoodmiah
Was it only me who didn't include the maintenance contract in the non current asset, the first 2 points are considered capital expenditure but not a maintenance contract

Posted from TSR Mobile

I recall putting the whole value because maintenance is Revenue Expenditure?
And the value was paid yearly on that date so I put it in
Reply 267
That exam was easier then I expected
Original post by Infamous12
in my workings i got 72000 but i divided by 2 to get 36,000. Do you think that more than 2 marks will be lost for that?

Ooh no, it would only be one if you're lucky, hard to know!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jabz257
Why would you multiply 4350 by 6 when the total cost of the computers was 4350 and that cost would go into the balance sheet as a current asset. The only effect would be he depreciation of the laptops in the income statement?

Yeah I read the question wrong, didn't read it as being total cost. The bank balance would be reduced by 4350 though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by masoodmiah
Surely you would not include debetbure interest of £72000 in the income statement because it did say its paid yearly and they issued it in October of 2012 so they would pay the first interest in October 2013 so it would not go in the income statement because the year ends in April 2013

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's paid yearly from that date of 31st October, so it goes in, no matter how log the debentures have been held for

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's paid yearly from that date of 31st October, so it goes in, no matter how log the debentures have been held for

Posted from TSR Mobile

do you remember what you put for the nbv for the machinery? i know it was 25% p/a depreciation but some people are saying you needed to depreciate for 2 years instead of 1?
Reply 272
Original post by Tom Richardson
Yeah I read the question wrong, didn't read it as being total cost. The bank balance would be reduced by 4350 though

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did the same thing dude but luckily I changed it. The depreciation and the 35k wage went into it for me....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 273
does abyone have any good revision material for unit 4? :smile:
Reply 274
Original post by Tom Richardson

Posted from TSR Mobile

The bank balance wouldn't just be reduced by 4350, you've got to reduce the bank balance by 35000 as well because that's the salary they have to pay.
Original post by Infamous12
do you remember what you put for the nbv for the machinery? i know it was 25% p/a depreciation but some people are saying you needed to depreciate for 2 years instead of 1?

You only had to depreciate it for one year, as the date was within one year of purchase

Posted from TSR Mobile
The last debenture bit threw me!! So annoyed but i liked the 15 marker... 3a was really weird :/... And hopefully i dont loose too many marks on the income statement even though i have made silly mistakes... Really want an A on this paper
(edited 10 years ago)
You only had to depreciate it for one year, as the date was within one year of purchase

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeh you only do one year which i think i got something like 22 thousand and something... When reduced from the capital expenditure which makes it like 67thousand and something
If anyone can get hold of the paper and can post it on here it would be much appreciated i would love to re-attempt the paper in my own time to see what marks i would get . Thanks
Original post by princess_meera
Yeh you only do one year which i think i got something like 22 thousand and something... When reduced from the capital expenditure which makes it like 67thousand and something

yeah thats exactly what i got.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending