The Student Room Group

Feminists, do you really want equality?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by 2ndClass
Mchumpy is just hitting home runs today

Thanks....when they're 21 they're generally quite optimistic and have hopes and dreams. It is when they hit mid 20's they start worrying about their biological clock and losing their looks and they start going a bit crazy and desperate.

One of my housemates, she is early 30's and her BF dumped her in a comedy way recently...he accused her of 'cheating on him and using him for sex' it is obviously the other way round but he twisted it hilariously. She was practically crying to me how she now has to get in the dating game quick and go on a load of horrible dates....thing is she is on match.com and has minimum earn as 40k and wonders why she keeps meeting sleazy blokes who clearly are either married or all they talk about is money.
(edited 10 years ago)
Well he probably viewed you as disposable tbh. Any man who has a girl who he loves and cherishes, naturally seeks to make her feel safe and protected.

So do women. People in relationships often look after each other.

A muscley man maybe have been an advantage in the past, but these days the main form of protection people need is emotional. Some people would even argue that women give better emotional support to a partner than men do.
There are barely any physical threats that people need to be protected from these days.

Also why are you making comments about another persons individual relationship? That seemed more like a personal attack than a valid point.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 102
Original post by McHumpy92
Thanks....when they're 21 they're generally quite optimistic and have hopes and dreams. It is when they hit mid 20's they start worrying about their biological clock and losing their looks and they start going a bit crazy and desperate.

One of my housemates, she is early 30's and her BF dumped her in a comedy way recently...he accused her of 'cheating on him and using him for sex' it is obviously the other way round but he twisted it hilariously. She was practically crying to me how she now has to get in the dating game quick and go on a load of horrible dates....thing is she is on match.com and has minimum earn as 40k and wonders why she keeps meeting sleazy blokes who clearly are either married or all they talk about is money.

I think you hit the nail right on the head there. A lot of these responses are from people who are probably young or inherently naive when it comes to the real world. It would be a huge shock to these feminism sympathetic men when they begin to encounter women when they hit their late 20s early 30s, your housemate perfectly exemplifies the thinking and realities of most women.
The want equal access and opportunities but at the end of the day they want the man to firmly wear the trousers in the relationship and carry out his evolutionary duties (protector/provider). Women instantaneously lose respect and attraction to stay at home dads and other BETA phags who tend to saturate this forum. So forget all this talk of equal pay (which I actually don't have a problem with).

At the end of the day those "Mizz Independent" types are women with dry vaginas, who will die lonely, single and childless.

Hahahah, disagree with the end part, there are guys like me who like those types. I hate the whole clingy female who needs to feel safe/protected, **** that ****, I'm not your dad you should have learned to grow the **** up and become self-reliant by now. The "miss independent" type are cool 'cause you have a better chance at reasoning with them which makes relationships so much easier.

Although to be honest, I only like the miss independent types because it's pretty rare to find the submissive type who sees the home as her place and gives the man plenty of leeway without constant expectations of reciprocity. Kinda wish I was still a Muslim because it would so easy to find this type.
Reply 104
Original post by therisenmitten
So do women. People in relationships often look after each other.

The only way women "look after" men in relationships is through sexual gratification. Women expect men to be confident, to be their emotional and physical rock, the one they confide in etc. It's not the same with women,if a man complains and moans about his insecurities as much as women do, it is complete turn off. Men when entering relationships have to swallow the poison and put up with your drama, just so they could the pussy in the end. It's horrible dynamic and inherent weakness of men that all we demand from you is to get our dick wet once in a while.

No we all agree with each other apart from you.

I agree with both of their views, the only person were debating with is you.

She';s calling your environmental claims to be dubious and insufficient, I agree that environmental factors plays a role....... but you agree with each other apart from me.....

erm ok then :rolleyes:
She';s calling your environmental claims to be dubious and insufficient, I agree that environmental factors plays a role....... but you agree with each other apart from me.....

I didn't say that they were inefficient, just that no-one has given examples of what such factors might be able. And I'm as dubious of environmental as I am of genetic, as I said earlier

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 106
Original post by shadowdweller
I didn't say that they were inefficient, just that no-one has given examples of what such factors might be able. And I'm as dubious of environmental as I am of genetic, as I said earlier

Posted from TSR Mobile

lol don't dilute your position now :lol:
lol don't dilute your position now :lol:

I'm not saying anything now that I hadn't said earlier

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 108
Original post by Annoying-Mouse
Hahahah, disagree with the end part, there are guys like me who like those types. I hate the whole clingy female who needs to feel safe/protected, **** that ****, I'm not your dad you should have learned to grow the **** up and become self-reliant by now. The "miss independent" type are cool 'cause you have a better chance at reasoning with them which makes relationships so much easier.

Although to be honest, I only like the miss independent types because it's pretty rare to find the submissive type who sees the home as her place and gives the man plenty of leeway without constant expectations of reciprocity. Kinda wish I was still a Muslim because it would so easy to find this type.

Hey we're all looking for one of those, goodluck though. The day you find yourself a straight laced girl like that is that day you cuff and wife her prontisimo.
The only way women "look after" men in relationships is through sexual gratification. Women expect men to be confident, to be their emotional and physical rock, the one they confide in etc. It's not the same with women,if a man complains and moans about his insecurities as much as women do, it is complete turn off. Men when entering relationships have to swallow the poison and put up with your drama, just so they could the pussy in the end. It's horrible dynamic and inherent weakness of men that all we demand from you is to get our dick wet once in a while.

Your opinions about what a healthy relationship is really worry me.

No we're both saying that environment and evolution both play a part.

What we're debating is that you don't have enough evidence (environmental or evolutionary) to support any of your arguments.
We just want you to support your claims about human behaviour. Where is the solid irrefutable argument you promised us?
Reply 110
Original post by shadowdweller
I'm not saying anything now that I hadn't said earlier

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well if someone proposes and argument and as you say "no-one has given examples of what such factors might be able" is their argument insufficent or not?

you are diluting your position to save face, as I said, you should be debating this with each other.
Well if someone proposes and argument and as you say "no-one has given examples of what such factors might be able" is their argument insufficent or not?

you are diluting your position to save face, as I said, you should be debating this with each other.

The argument was insufficient, the concept is not

Save face? I really don't care if people disagree with me. I didn't say anything in that post that I hadn't already said

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 112
I agree :confused:

You could demolish an argument you agree with?

So what is the point you're trying to make then? You bring up a point about hypergamy (evolutionary), and turn around and agree that a totally evolutionary view is wrong. I don't follow.
Reply 113

No we're both saying that environment and evolution both play a part.

What we're debating is that you don't have enough evidence (environmental or evolutionary) to support any of your arguments.
We just want you to support your claims about human behaviour. Where is the solid irrefutable argument you promised us?

You don't even know each other's arguments let alone mine :rolleyes:,

I agreed that environmental factors play a role. She's the one asking you to provide evidence for your environmental assertion.

People are actually debating each other through me, this has to be the most bizarre thing I've ever encountered on TSR :lol:
Hey we're all looking for one of those, goodluck though. The day you find yourself a straight laced girl like that is that day you cuff and wife her prontisimo.

Definitely brah, definitely.
Reply 115
Any true feminist wants equality. Don't believe all the negative and harmful stereotypes.
Reply 116
Original post by Xotol
You could demolish an argument you agree with?

So what is the point you're trying to make then? You bring up a point about hypergamy (evolutionary), and turn around and agree that a totally evolutionary view is wrong. I don't follow.

I never argued "evolutionary totally", if anything the environmental factors juts reinforce my argument. Risenmitten made a moronic assertion that we're not dictated by our genetics, then after recognizing her flaw, totally backtracked and said oh wait, environment also plays a role.

You need to read next time pls
There seems to be a lot of assumptions and generalizations going on in this thread about 50% of the world's population, which makes no sense. All women don't all want the same thing, aren't attracted to the same things, and aren't driven by the same things in life. We are all individuals (as are men, of course), so people really can't make such sweeping statements without evidence and expect to be taken seriously.

Yes, I support equal opportunities for everyone. Not just for women, but across every other aspect of society (for ethnic minorities, minority sexualities, all social classes, etc). Everyone should have the same opportunities to succeed in life. This is not the case at the moment in a lot of areas (although the situation for women is certainly a great deal better than the situation for the working class, for example), and I think we should always be working to improve our society in all areas.
I don't think that there will always be an equal outcome from equal opportunities at all, but it could certainly be more balanced than it is currently.
I'm not sure how the conversation ended up on the subject of what women find attractive in men because not only is it impossible to make a statement about what all women are attracted to, it is irrelevant to a conversation about equal opportunities.
People are actually debating each other through me, this has to be the most bizarre thing I've ever encountered on TSR :lol:

You were the one to bring up 'learned experiences', which was my original query to you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 119
I never argued "evolutionary totally", if anything the environmental factors juts reinforce my argument. Risenmitten made a moronic assertion that we're not dictated by our genetics, then after recognizing her flaw, totally backtracked and said oh wait, environment also plays a role.

Then don't make a blanket assertions about females based on hypergamy if you disagree with the foundation of that view. Your supposed views and the arguments you've made here are not congruent.

What you said:

Of course not every single woman in the world, (there are 3 billion of you) will go for the alpha type (most likely because they are unavailable to you), but at the end of the day, the vast, vast majority of women are repelled by the beta captain manginas and looking at it from a woman's perspective and what she is predisposed to, I completely understand why.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending