The Student Room Group

What Is The Worst Drug In The UK?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Futility
Unless he's using a VPNS his identity is easily traceable from his IP address. Admitting an offense which carries a maximum penalty of 7 years in prison in any capacity is reckless, doing so in a public forum in which one's identity is easily traceable is utterly stupid.

Judging by his response, he already has admitted it. Don't you think it is reckless to commit the crime in the first place or just admitting it?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 21
Unless he's using a VPNS his identity is easily traceable from his IP address. Admitting an offense which carries a maximum penalty of 7 years in prison in any capacity is reckless, doing so in a public forum in which one's identity is easily traceable is utterly stupid.

:rofl:

Thats a lot of effort to go to to maybe get someone for personal use and whoever got 7 years?
Reply 22
Original post by Sanctuary
Judging by his response, he already has admitted it. Don't you think it is reckless to commit the crime in the first place or just admitting it?

He has said nothing thus far that would be construed as an admission of guilt in a court of law. And yes, I think taking a highly addictive and pernicious substance is reckless as well as the act of openly admitting to it.
Reply 23
Alcohol is only top because people (esp young people/uni students) consume it so often and in such high quantities. Try taking MDMA 3x a week and then tell me alcohol is worse for you.
Original post by Sanctuary
Do you know from experience?

Original post by danielnkwocha
I find this hard to believe. I've seen loved ones turn into junkies and wrecks from a 'one off', so unless you can provide some kind of evidence be it personal or otherwise I'll stick to my beliefs.

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you think that everyone who tries heroin one time becomes addicted then you're... wrong.
Reply 25
Original post by Arturo Bandini
If you think that everyone who tries heroin one time becomes addicted then you're... wrong.

Indeed. People don't seem to realise that heroin and diamorphine used in hospitals are the same substance (albeit medical grade). I was given diamorphine for my pain whilst I was in hospital with appendicitis, to my great surprise, I didn't subsequently become a heroin addict.

Are you serious ? Wow thats stupid , I mean unless you can provide proof . What if I said I had "x" random celebrity tied up in my torture chamber , could I get done ?
TBH, I don't think any of them are a particularly good idea to try. Apart from the fact that they're illegal, there seems to be a certain "druggie lifestyle" where people try one and then start hanging out in circles with others who take drugs, get to know dealers, and before you know it they've done everything and think nothing even of fainting/passing out from doing drugs or having it give them weird mood swings. I've seen it happen to people I knew and it is disturbing. It seems to be a fairly vicious cycle.

Neg me if you want, I'm not the most well-read on drugs but I don't believe they are a great idea to take (besides the fact they're illegal!) I don't approve of other addictions like binge drinking either.
Reply 28
He has said nothing thus far that would be construed as an admission of guilt in a court of law.

oh please
Reply 29
Original post by Timbot
oh please

Thanks for your contribution. Bye. :wavey:
Reply 30
Where I live, it seems that everyone seems to be sniffing mephedrone/m-kat/meow nowadays. At every party/nightclub I've been to, I must see at least 5 people dragging their jaws along the floor ... Vile, vile stuff.
Heroin is the most harmful and addictive according to the lancet medical journal:

Screen Shot 2013-08-06 at 15.05.37.png
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 32
Thanks for your contribution. Bye. :wavey:

Quit being so arrogant.
Ecstacy and Oxycodone is crazy apparently.
Original post by That Bearded Man
At least alcohol is well understood, I'd say ketamine, GHB or methedrone. GHB for the rage it causes and the other two are relatively unknown, so I'd say these boyos.

Mephedrone is more common in the uk although methedrone is similar. Not much is known but its certainly not causing that much of a problem in the uk. The dangers aren't likely to be much worse then amphetamines and MDMA. Ketamine has been around a while and used in medicine for humans and animals for some time. GHB is certainly dangerous very easy for people to od on. Moderation is key, with ghb its hard to moderate though.
Original post by Substantia
What? Acid is one of the safest on that list, are you seriously suggesting acid is worse than crack? What do you mean by never leaving the hole? Obviously acid can leave life long impressions on people after overwhelming and intense experiences but these are rarely negative/life destroying.

Its just an opinion after meeting people that did acid and are now in nursing homes because theyve developed schizophrenia or accelerated any mental issue they had.

Theres plenty of cases where people have been that mentally effected by acid that theyre in a constant trip.

Id rather die than be scared of my own thoughts tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bertstare
Alcohol is only top because people (esp young people/uni students) consume it so often and in such high quantities. Try taking MDMA 3x a week and then tell me alcohol is worse for you.

With MDMA you're gonna feel burned out if you use it that often, and it won't be very enjoyable wither if you don't space it out. Alcohol people can consume regularly and it may still be enjoyable not to mention it can be addictive so there's a higher potential for abuse right there.
Original post by RossClements
Mephedrone is more common in the uk although methedrone is similar. Not much is known but its certainly not causing that much of a problem in the uk. The dangers aren't likely to be much worse then amphetamines and MDMA. Ketamine has been around a while and used in medicine for humans and animals for some time. GHB is certainly dangerous very easy for people to od on. Moderation is key, with ghb its hard to moderate though.

Of all those drugs, violence caused by consummation of said drug are probably highest and most serious with GHB, plus alcohol 2nd.
Original post by Kiss
Not necessarily, you can go for a one-off and not get hooked.

heroin makes you physically dependant. There's no such thing as a casual user. Crack and crystal meth are two of the most addictive substances on earth. There's a reason every junkie will tell you one hit and you're hooked. It's because after that high you spend all your time taking hits to find it again.
Simply for that reason I picked ahead of alcohol. Although alcohol is far more used just like powder cocaine, ecstasy and cannabis you can be a casual user.
Original post by Nvmthename
Its just an opinion after meeting people that did acid and are now in nursing homes because theyve developed schizophrenia or accelerated any mental issue they had.

Theres plenty of cases where people have been that mentally effected by acid that theyre in a constant trip.

Id rather die than be scared of my own thoughts tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're just over exaggerating hallucinogen persisting disorder, there are a few people who may experience elements of trips after the actual duration of the trip but this is rare and not typically permanent. People with existing mental health issues shouldn't be using psychoactive drugs and if they do they should be doing it in a good environment. Not everyone follows this and thus drugs like LSD get a bad name.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending