The Student Room Group

What Is The Worst Drug In The UK?

Scroll to see replies

Alcohol. If clubbers these days were more in to E's (with moderate water) society would improve no end.
Original post by DrugsnotLife
Alcohol. If clubbers these days were more in to E's (with moderate water) society would improve no end.

You can't be mad on the xtc man and if you are that ain't real E. :sogood:
Reply 162
Original post by danielnkwocha
You're not wrong, there is no such thing as a casual crack/smackhead. Those types of drugs instantly hook a person.

My housemate is a casual crack smoker...I have took it before and I am not addicted to it. I reckon I could take heroin and be fine...i haven't got a very addictive personality when it comes to drugs.

Alcohol is a pain for me because it has calories in and I am vain. I drink the same stuff as alchis...high % cider and spirits. I do think alcohol could cause me trouble when I become 40+ because i will be less competitive and vain.
Reply 163
Original post by Tachwedd
Where I live, it seems that everyone seems to be sniffing mephedrone/m-kat/meow nowadays. At every party/nightclub I've been to, I must see at least 5 people dragging their jaws along the floor ... Vile, vile stuff.

It is like sniffing glass. Not even sure why people are still taking it, it isn't even dirt cheap anymore. I guess young people will find it hard to get good coke, so maybe that is why.
Alcohol for sure.
Reply 165
Ritalin. Used to suck the life out of people, especially boys.
Reply 166
From experience: alcohol
Not from experience: probably heroin/meth (or krokodil/sisa which vice documented about, didn't look good)
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 167
LOVE!

It tears you up, then spits you out.
Reply 168
Anyone heard of "the devil's breath"?

Really ****ed up drug in S America.

It's a powder and if you inhale the tiniest bit of it, you go into a trance state where you act and talk completely normal, but will do whatever anybody tells you to do. When you awake, you have no memory.

Report of criminals walking down the street, blowing it into someone's face, have that person take all their cash out the ATM & give it to them, or take them to their house & actually get the person to help them burgle their own house... Also rape, etc.

Some guy woke up in his empty apartment, went down to the porter who said he came in with two guys and all three where taking furniture down and loading it up to a truck.

That's ****ed up.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by McHumpy92
My housemate is a casual crack smoker...I have took it before and I am not addicted to it. I reckon I could take heroin and be fine...i haven't got a very addictive personality when it comes to drugs.

Famous last words.
Original post by Steezy
Anyone heard of "the devil's breath"?

Really ****ed up drug in S America.

It's a powder and if you inhale the tiniest bit of it, you go into a trance state where you act and talk completely normal, but will do whatever anybody tells you to do. When you awake, you have no memory.

Report of criminals walking down the street, blowing it into someone's face, have that person take all their cash out the ATM & give it to them, or take them to their house & actually get the person to help them burgle their own house... Also rape, etc.

Some guy woke up in his empty apartment, went down to the porter who said he came in with two guys and all three where taking furniture down and loading it up to a truck.

That's ****ed up.

Oh you mean scopolamine, its found in nature in the plant datura so its usually extracted from that, there's a very interesting documentary on it on Vice actually which is worth a watch.
Reply 171
Original post by RossClements
Oh you mean scopolamine, its found in nature in the plant datura so its usually extracted from that, there's a very interesting documentary on it on Vice actually which is worth a watch.

That's the one. Yeah I saw the documentary... Interesting footage of it in action.
Reply 172
Looks like alcohol is in the lead, though I am surprised heroin is as high as it is. I know it is probably the worst drug on there but in terms of being as common as alcohol it doesn't even come close.
I'd say alcohol is single handedly the most harmful drug in the UK. Most violent crimes are committed by drunk people, and the health effects aren't great either.
Original post by DiddyDec
Dangerous was not in the title. "Worst Drug". Cannabis is widely used and has been proven to have adverse affects such as lung cancer through smoking it (which is the most common way to use it). Also it has been shown to worsen some mental health issues.

Not denying that it can be dangerous but its definitely not the worst drug :L

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending