The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Liberals - are some just deluded?

Scroll to see replies

For once, I agree with you. New Liberals can be quite naive and claim to be tolerant but if you have a different opinion all hell breaks loose.
Reply 21
Original post by SpicyStrawberry
For once, I agree with you. New Liberals can be quite naive and claim to be tolerant but if you have a different opinion all hell breaks loose.

Aye, what I have found is that actually underneath all their liberal tolerance, they are horribly aggressive and bitter people. You push someone right wing and they get frustrated. Push someone liberal? They flip out and go absolutely berserk as all their suppressed anger finally erupts.
Original post by Jimbo1234
Aye, what I have found is that actually underneath all their liberal tolerance, they are horribly aggressive and bitter people. You push someone right wing and they get frustrated. Push someone liberal? They flip out and go absolutely berserk as all their suppressed anger finally erupts.

They're blinded by the 'moral high ground' they've been indoctrinated into following. More concerned about what is correct or incorrect then what is right or wrong.

They're swayed by popular opinion very easily too. Liberalism....Political Correctness is a peverse alteration of the thought process. You only have to look at the fear it's spread around this country for years. Telling you're doing wrong when in fact you aren't, telling you your thoughts/actions are racist.

One thing I will say about the New Liberals is that they exert grandiose control over peoples opinions, thoughts and feelings.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 23
Original post by Jimbo1234
But liberals seem to forget that sometimes their opinion is simply wrong and ignorance is not an opinion :biggrin:

I think what new liberals should keep in mind is that you can't behave the way you sometimes do towards people with a different opinion. If you worked with me, became aware that I opposed gay marriage, and then started treating me differently because of it, I would probably report you for misconduct. That could then have consequences for your career. Potential employers wouldn't look favorably on you if you were dismissed for discriminating against other members of staff.

There's more than 60 million people in this country, so you can be fairly sure that for every view you have, there's someone out there who doesn't agree with it. You can't afford to behave like a child towards people simply because they don't share your view. The important thing is to put personal beliefs aside and remain professional.
Reply 24
Original post by John Stuart Mill
lol cling to self-evident truths and have no logical or factual basis.
a self-evident truth = an axiom
axioms are logical and (often) factual

One would think it is obviously that I mean they consider it to be a self evident truth. Similar to how the medieval church believed that the existence of God to be self evident. Even when it wasn't.

Quoting definitions isn't really an argument. It just means you can use a search tool. It is much better to read and understand what is being posted.
I'm an actual liberal, conservative and accepting of differing viewpoints, even some more concerning conservative attutides (such as womens rights) as long as they don't act on it I don't mind what they think.
Original post by STBUR
One would think it is obviously that I mean they consider it to be a self evident truth. Similar to how the medieval church believed that the existence of God to be self evident. Even when it wasn't.

Quoting definitions isn't really an argument. It just means you can use a search tool. It is much better to read and understand what is being posted.

Hang on why are you quoting someone who posted so long ago?
Original post by Ham22
"A liberal is a conservative who hasn't been mugged yet."

More like

"A liberal is a conservative who hasn't paid much tax yet."
Many people call themselves liberals but aren't actually liberals. They're just puritans calling themselves liberals because they think it makes them morally superior, as liberalism is seen as being morally superior in our society (its really no surprise they so staunchly defend Islam, it's puritanical values are very appealing to them). This can be said about the vast majority of Guardianistas and Green Party lobbyists.

I am a liberal, but I detest these kinds of people.
Reply 29
Original post by DErasmus
Hang on why are you quoting someone who posted so long ago?

Because I don't come here all the time so often only read replies a while later. The reply is still valid.
Reply 30
Original post by KingBradly
Many people call themselves liberals but aren't actually liberals. They're just puritans calling themselves liberals because they think it makes them morally superior, as liberalism is seen as being morally superior in our society (its really no surprise they so staunchly defend Islam, it's puritanical values are very appealing to them). This can be said about the vast majority of Guardianistas and Green Party lobbyists.

I am a liberal, but I detest these kinds of people.

I hope you are outspoken against what they do in real life.
Thread locked please don't bump old threads :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending