The Student Room Group

``
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
1) Yes it's the equivalent of an AS in terms of UCAS points and it's well worth doing (ideally on something dentistry related)
2) 550 at the max
3) not a clue

With regards to doing an extra AS level I'd say probably not speaking from experience, it wasn't worth the time for me as none of the universities I applied to took into account an extra AS. It might help you get more UCAS points for barts but you don't want it hindering any of your other important subjects (Bio and Chem).
Do Barts and the London University for Dentistry greatly consider GCSE grades into account? I mean say if someone had 5A*s at GCSE and had like 5As at AS level and someone else had 8 A* at GCSE and perhaps 3A and 1B for AS, who would barts give more privilege to ?

Currently, I'm in Year 12 doing 5 AS-levels: Biology, Chemistry, Maths, History and the Extended Project - is it worth doing an extra AS externally to build up more UCAS points?

I'm also quite active - I have done many extra curricular activities.

- I am a 1st dan black belt in karate and have been doing karate for 12 years.
- I've performed in the Britain's got talent stage in Hammersmith Apollo performing a musical instrument called the 'Dhol' infront of 5000-7000 people.
- I play the piano, drums and guitar as musical instruments
- I was the FEKO International gold karate champion in karate when I was 8 years old
- Part of Urban Scholars team
- Duke of Edinburgh
- Applied for Head Boy (got through to final round but unfortunately finished 3rd)

and many more....

It's one of my goals to get a place in Barts.

Now, I have a few questions:

1) Does Extended Project count as UCAS Points towards the ucas tariff?
2) Say if someone got AAAA and A* in Extended Project for AS-level, and predicted around 3 A* at A Level - how many UCAS points would this be worth?
3) Are predicted A2 Grades a factor towards UCAS Points?

I would really appreciate it if anyone could reply

Thanks in advance
Jatz

In addition to the poster above's comments I think that your predicted grades are what they use to calculate your UCAS tariff points - not 100% sure though.

Quick Reply

Latest