The Student Room Group

Oral Health Sciences

Hi,

i’ve applied to dundee, gcu, uhi and Edinburgh for oral health sciences. wondering if anyone else is in the same boat and is waiting to hear back?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mim06_
Hi,

i’ve applied to dundee, gcu, uhi and Edinburgh for oral health sciences. wondering if anyone else is in the same boat and is waiting to hear back?
Hi I’ve also applied to these unis for oral health sciences!
I’ve just heard back from gcu about an interview offer and have also got an interview for uhi. I got rejected from Edinburgh tho! Not heard anything from Dundee. Have you heard anything from any of the unis yet?
Reply 2
Original post by Holliemcbride06
Original post by mim06_
Hi,

I’ve just heard back from gcu about an interview offer and have also got an interview for uhi. I got rejected from Edinburgh tho! Not heard anything from Dundee. Have you heard anything from any of the unis yet?

Hi!

Congrats gal on your interviews!! I was rejected from Edinburgh today🥲 Had my Dundee interview a few weeks ago and have my UHI interview next week and still waiting to hear from GCU! How are you feeling for ur interviews??
Original post by mim06_

Hi!

Congrats gal on your interviews!! I was rejected from Edinburgh today🥲 Had my Dundee interview a few weeks ago and have my UHI interview next week and still waiting to hear from GCU! How are you feeling for ur interviews??Thank you so much! You too! I was upset at the start when I initially got rejected from Edinburgh but they do only accept 10 Scottish students so I made my peace with that🤣 how did the Dundee interview go? Really hope I hear from them soon. Ah right, my UHI is on the 19th of March, have you done your presentation for it? Kind of panicking if I am even doing it right. Feeling pretty nervous but just really glad that I even got interviews. Good luck for next week hope it all goes well🫶
Reply 4
The Dundee interview was okay, but the more I think about it the worse i feel I’ve done😭 My presentation was so bad for UHI, i had to refilm it sm times😭😭
I’m sure you did amazing, honestly don’t overthink it! I’m filming mine tomorrow and I just know I will also have to refilm so many times😭 did you do arguments for and against or did you just choose one to talk about?
Reply 6
Original post by Holliemcbride06
I’m sure you did amazing, honestly don’t overthink it! I’m filming mine tomorrow and I just know I will also have to refilm so many times😭 did you do arguments for and against or did you just choose one to talk about?

thankyouu gal!! i did a bit of both then like an overall conclusion at the end. i’m sure you’ll get it perfect in one take!!
Hey girls! Im actually from edinburgh and have also applied for oral health science at UHI, GCU, Dundee and Newcastle. I was rejected from Newcastle and have my UHI interview next week. Not heard anything from dundee or GCU. Im not sure if you guys have heard but edinburgh uni have actually decided to shut down their whole dental school due to funding so everyone has been rejected even those who were given an interview. Im a dental nurse and my practice told me and iv heard from a few others. If you guys have snapchat me and a few others are making a group chat to keep each other updated. Or if not there’s another student room called “interview” where a few of us have been chatting xx
Reply 8
Original post by leylabegum123
Hey girls! Im actually from edinburgh and have also applied for oral health science at UHI, GCU, Dundee and Newcastle. I was rejected from Newcastle and have my UHI interview next week. Not heard anything from dundee or GCU. Im not sure if you guys have heard but edinburgh uni have actually decided to shut down their whole dental school due to funding so everyone has been rejected even those who were given an interview. Im a dental nurse and my practice told me and iv heard from a few others. If you guys have snapchat me and a few others are making a group chat to keep each other updated. Or if not there’s another student room called “interview” where a few of us have been chatting xx

heyy! i heard about the edinburgh stuff, i can’t believe it omg. i saw the other thread, id love to be added to the gc, my sc is m_millar06 xx
hii! i’ve heard back from gcu i have an interview w them next week, still waiting for dundee
Reply 10
Hi guys! I just had my interview for GCU yesterday but still haven’t heard from Dundee? I’m taking it as a rejection as not been offered an interview but they still haven’t officially rejected it? So bummed about Edinburgh was offered an interview but obvs it’s now not going ahead! Can’t believe they only have 34 places for whole of Scotland :frown:
Original post by Miatosh
Hi guys! I just had my interview for GCU yesterday but still haven’t heard from Dundee? I’m taking it as a rejection as not been offered an interview but they still haven’t officially rejected it? So bummed about Edinburgh was offered an interview but obvs it’s now not going ahead! Can’t believe they only have 34 places for whole of Scotland :frown:

same i had my GCU interview yesterday!! how did urs go ?? i haven’t heard back from dundee at all either im just waiting for them to reject me 🫠
Reply 12
It’s so annoying how they just leave you hanging!! I thought my interview went well it ran over and was quite chatty at the end which I’m hoping is a good thing! I answered some questions better than others I came out really confident but feel like I’m going over it in my head and doubting myself more haha! How about you?? X
Original post by Miatosh
It’s so annoying how they just leave you hanging!! I thought my interview went well it ran over and was quite chatty at the end which I’m hoping is a good thing! I answered some questions better than others I came out really confident but feel like I’m going over it in my head and doubting myself more haha! How about you?? X

fr!! im just not even gonna bother worrying about dundee tbf, that’s so good!! mine went well was a bit nervous but answered all the questions fully hopefully they get back to us soon, lmk if u get an offer 😁😁😁 x
Reply 14
Original post by jess2006x
fr!! im just not even gonna bother worrying about dundee tbf, that’s so good!! mine went well was a bit nervous but answered all the questions fully hopefully they get back to us soon, lmk if u get an offer 😁😁😁 x
That’s good then gal I’m sure you will have done great! Yeah let me know too my interviewers said we should hear by end of the next week! X
Reply 15
Original post by Miatosh
That’s good then gal I’m sure you will have done great! Yeah let me know too my interviewers said we should hear by end of the next week! X

good luck guys, hope they get back to yous soon!! i haven’t heard anything from GCU but had my Dundee interview a few weeks ago and still waiting to hear back🥲 the worst parts the waiting😭
Wishing good luck! I’ve just received a conditional for GCU! 💕
Original post by emmmaforrest

congrats!!! i had my interview with them 3 weeks ago hopefully they get back to everyone today 🩷
Reply 18
Original post by emmmaforrest

Congratulations!! So did i 😆xx
Original post by Miatosh
Hey:smile:)
How did u find the interview? How long do they usually take and are the questions relatively normal, as I’ve seen people talking about MMI questions and role play questions but wondered if that’s for dentistry or also hygiene?xx

Quick Reply

Latest