The Student Room Group

Birmingham Dentistry 2024 Entry

Welcome to the Birmingham Dentistry 2024 Entry discussion thread.

Useful links:

The “Which dental school should I apply to?” Thread: The Official "Which Dental School Should I Apply To?" Thread - The Student Room

TSR Dentistry Wiki: Dentistry - The Student Room

Dentistry Undergraduate Entry Requirements: Dentistry Entry Requirements | The Student Room

Dentistry Graduate Entry Requirements: Graduate entry requirements for dentistry | The Student Room

Pre-dentistry/ Gateway Entry Requirements: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/uni...dental-courses

General TSR Rules:

Do not ask for or post group chat links.

Do not ask for or post interview questions.

Do not offer to buy or sell items, including the promotion of dentistry courses.

Good luck!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
For anyone applying this year, what are ur stats?
Reply 2
Original post by Ibbethy
For anyone applying this year, what are ur stats?

3180 band 2, 8 9s at gsce
Hey I got 2640 band 1 and I have 8 9’s 2 8’s and a 6 (in French) at gcse. I am predicted 4 A* and not sure what to apply for. So far I’m apply Leeds Liverpool and Cardiff but I can’t decide whether to apply kcl Birmingham or Sheffield. All of them are pretty risky with kcl being the least due to there lowest Ucat of around 2300. Any recommendations?
Reply 4
Original post by Hollywolly123
Hey I got 2640 band 1 and I have 8 9’s 2 8’s and a 6 (in French) at gcse. I am predicted 4 A* and not sure what to apply for. So far I’m apply Leeds Liverpool and Cardiff but I can’t decide whether to apply kcl Birmingham or Sheffield. All of them are pretty risky with kcl being the least due to there lowest Ucat of around 2300. Any recommendations?

I would say Sheffield is your best bet, KCL do take on people with low UCAT’s but these are almost always contextual applicants and the cutoff for Birmingham this year was higher than your score so it would be very risky.
Original post by Ibbethy
I would say Sheffield is your best bet, KCL do take on people with low UCAT’s but these are almost always contextual applicants and the cutoff for Birmingham this year was higher than your score so it would be very risky.

Hello, I’m planning to apply to Leeds and Birmingham, perhaps Sheffield. My GCSE’s are 9999988877 and ucat is 2710 B2. I’ve also achieved the alevel grades of A*AA and am eligible for contextual offer. Would it be wise to apply to these universities? Quite worried I’d be aspiring for the impossible.
Thank you, I decided to go Sheffield as Birmingham rank on ucat and not really on academics and London was too expensive :smile:
Original post by Ibbethy
Reply 7
Hi All,
I've got 8 - 9s and 3 - 8s in GCSE
Predicted A level - A* A* A
UCAT - 2640
SJT -B2

Need help with 4th choice -
Birmingham / Sheffield / Leeds ?

Can you suggest ?
Thank you
(edited 6 months ago)
Original post by MIL1420
Hi All,
UCAT - 2640
SJT -B2

Birmingham
Sheffield
Leeds

Can you suggest ?
Thank you

liverpool seems like a safe option
Reply 9
Thank you. I'm considering Liverpool as one of the options but can't decide on the 4th one.
Are you considering Birmingham as we have similar stats and when I researched it said they orders via ucat and the lowest last year was like 2750 or something so I thought it was too risky
Original post by MIL1420
Hi All,
UCAT - 2640
SJT -B2

1. Cardiff
2. Plymouth
3. Liverpool
4. Birmingham / Sheffield / Leeds ?

Can you suggest ?
Thank you
Reply 11
Are you considering Birmingham as we have similar stats and when I researched it said they orders via ucat and the lowest last year was like 2750 or something so I thought it was too risky

Hi, Yes, Birmingham seems risky so I'm more inclined towards Leeds/Sheffield. It's difficult to decide 😕
Original post by MIL1420
Hi, Yes, Birmingham seems risky so I'm more inclined towards Leeds/Sheffield. It's difficult to decide 😕

I live near Birmingham so wanted to go there but they don’t seem to look at predicted grades or gcse only that you have met the required ones. I went for both Sheffield and Leeds but haven’t been to visit either so can’t really help. Have you visited any of the ones you’ve applied to if so what was your opinion. I went to Cardiff and loved it.
Reply 13
I live near Birmingham so wanted to go there but they don’t seem to look at predicted grades or gcse only that you have met the required ones. I went for both Sheffield and Leeds but haven’t been to visit either so can’t really help. Have you visited any of the ones you’ve applied to if so what was your opinion. I went to Cardiff and loved it.

I visited Cardiff only and liked it.
Is it true that if i already applied to birmingham last year but got rejected pre-interview I won't be able to apply again? I've tried contacting them but haven't received a response.
Reply 15
When do Birmingham send out invitations for interviews?
Hey everyone! Hope you're all doing well 🥰, with the UCAS deadline approaching why not check out the new 2024 entry Dentistry A200 / A201 fastest and slowest offer senders thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7409162
And post your own application journey?
Reply 17
Original post by saibakhan
When do Birmingham send out invitations for interviews?

last yr it was ab end of nov i think?
Reply 18
Has anyone received confirmation of application?
No

Quick Reply

Latest