The Student Room Group

QMUL Dentistry 2024 Entry

Welcome to the QMUL Dentistry 2024 Entry discussion thread.

Useful links:

The “Which dental school should I apply to?” Thread: The Official "Which Dental School Should I Apply To?" Thread - The Student Room

TSR Dentistry Wiki: Dentistry - The Student Room

Dentistry Undergraduate Entry Requirements: Dentistry Entry Requirements | The Student Room

Dentistry Graduate Entry Requirements: Graduate entry requirements for dentistry | The Student Room

Pre-dentistry/ Gateway Entry Requirements: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/uni...dental-courses

General TSR Rules:

Do not ask for or post group chat links.

Do not ask for or post interview questions.

Do not offer to buy or sell items, including the promotion of dentistry courses.

Good luck!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Would it be risky to apply with UCAT of 2550 band 3. predicted A*A*A*. With GCSEs 9998877664.
Original post by Sakiryu
Would it be risky to apply with UCAT of 2550 band 3. predicted A*A*A*. With GCSEs 9998877664.

Yeah it will. Their cutoff was like 2750 last year.
Reply 3
Original post by Greekdentist

Damn, than you though.

how about if i already achieved my Alevels and my gcse is 9999988877 and my ucat is 2720 b2, but I'm a WP?
Reply 5
Original post by bshjbdsjsvjdsd
how about if i already achieved my Alevels and my gcse is 9999988877 and my ucat is 2720 b2, but I'm a WP?

What are your achieved? If it’s A*AA or anything above I’d say you’re safe.
Original post by Ibbethy
What are your achieved? If it’s A*AA or anything above I’d say you’re safe.

yes ive gotten A*AA, I'm not sure if I'm going to apply to queen mary but would birmingham and leeds be a wise choice?
Would it be okay to apply if I’ve got ucat 2610 band 2 alevels A*A*A and gcse 9999998887
Original post by Shouldstudy
Would it be okay to apply if I’ve got ucat 2610 band 2 alevels A*A*A and gcse 9999998887

Their ucat cutoff last year was 2700+
Their ucat cutoff last year was 2700+

my ucat is 2710 B2, and im contextual should i apply? given that I've achieved my Alevels (A*AA).
Reply 10
my ucat is 2710 B2, and im contextual should i apply? given that I've achieved my Alevels (A*AA).

Depends how much they give you for contextual. Do you know?
It says weighted ave of UCAT and A levels.
Original post by Jetjo123
Depends how much they give you for contextual. Do you know?
It says weighted ave of UCAT and A levels.

i think they do a reduced offer/ucat but im not entirely sure. Idk where i should apply as I feel that my ucat score honestly limits me. I want to stay in england
Reply 12
i think they do a reduced offer/ucat but im not entirely sure. Idk where i should apply as I feel that my ucat score honestly limits me. I want to stay in england

Im pretty sure that’s high enough for Liverpool. People have said Sheffield interview over 2600 but others say you need 2850. I had conflicting about Kings. People say 2800 plus, but they say different, and had offers with lower. So idk. I think last year Bart’s cut off was 2760 - can’t be certain. (Cardiff Belfast Glasgow and Dundee - you’re good but obvs not in England). Then Manchester apparently would assess over 2700 holistically. Did you think about Leeds? Have you no idea at all where to apply?
Im pretty sure that’s high enough for Liverpool. People have said Sheffield interview over 2600 but others say you need 2850. I had conflicting about Kings. People say 2800 plus, but they say different, and had offers with lower. So idk. I think last year Bart’s cut off was 2760 - can’t be certain. (Cardiff Belfast Glasgow and Dundee - you’re good but obvs not in England). Then Manchester apparently would assess over 2700 holistically. Did you think about Leeds? Have you no idea at all where to apply?

I'm a contextual applicant and so far im thinking sheffield, leeds, liverpool and im stuck between birmingham and manchester. I do meet the GCSE requirements for all unis
Reply 14
I'm a contextual applicant and so far im thinking sheffield, leeds, liverpool and im stuck between birmingham and manchester. I do meet the GCSE requirements for all unis

Well idk about Birmingham- you could email and ask. Std cut off was 2740. It may be different for contextual applicants. On tsr Manchester - other applicants have emailed them and it also says this on their admissions statement that under the cutoff they look at you holistically, if you’re over 2700. Which you are.
Having achieved grades will help I imagine.
Well idk about Birmingham- you could email and ask. Std cut off was 2740. It may be different for contextual applicants. On tsr Manchester - other applicants have emailed them and it also says this on their admissions statement that under the cutoff they look at you holistically, if you’re over 2700. Which you are.
Having achieved grades will help I imagine.

so would you say I'd have a better chance with manchester than birmingham? Also thank you for the info
Reply 16
so would you say I'd have a better chance with manchester than birmingham? Also thank you for the info

I’m not sure I’m the best person to advise tbh. I’m dithering myself bc I find the websites give you the bare bones of what we really want to know. You are below last years cut off for Birmingham - there’s a link on their page to admissions statistics. It doesn’t say anything about contextual. So, I’d find that risky personally. But you’re in range for a holistic assessment from Manchester. I’d find that less risky. But still a risk. These people are quite good advisors. @toothysmile @Greekdentist. @Ibbethy. What do you think?
I’m not sure I’m the best person to advise tbh. I’m dithering myself bc I find the websites give you the bare bones of what we really want to know. You are below last years cut off for Birmingham - there’s a link on their page to admissions statistics. It doesn’t say anything about contextual. So, I’d find that risky personally. But you’re in range for a holistic assessment from Manchester. I’d find that less risky. But still a risk. These people are quite good advisors. @toothysmile @Greekdentist. @Ibbethy. What do you think?

thanks jetjo

Birmingham places a lot more emphasis on contextual (15-25% of total score available - unclear- of scoring pre-int and post int selection) so having a contextual flag does put you at an advantage compared to other applicants. As for Man I think they have less emphasis on context (not as much as Bham) - please double check this though. If both are the same cut off then I'd take a gamble and apply to Bham (also they have wayyy nicer facilities than Man and the course is sm better, Man has one lecture a week!)
(edited 6 months ago)
Original post by toothysmile
thanks jetjo

Birmingham places a lot more emphasis on contextual (15-25% of total score available - unclear- of scoring pre-int and post int selection) so having a contextual flag does put you at an advantage compared to other applicants. As for Man I think they have less emphasis on context (not as much as Bham) - please double check this though. If both are the same cut off then I'd take a gamble and apply to Bham (also they have wayyy nicer facilities than Man and the course is sm better, Man has one lecture a week!)

Yes I'd prefer to go to birmingham and I'm planning to apply, however I've already applied last year but was rejected pre-interview does that mean I won't be able to apply again? Someone told me that so I'm a bit worried.
I'm also planning to apply to leeds, would access to leeds give me an advantage given that I'm contextual?
Reply 19
Yes I'd prefer to go to birmingham and I'm planning to apply, however I've already applied last year but was rejected pre-interview does that mean I won't be able to apply again? Someone told me that so I'm a bit worried.
I'm also planning to apply to leeds, would access to leeds give me an advantage given that I'm contextual?

Access sheff defo does. The cut offs don’t apply. Have you looked at them?

Quick Reply

Latest