The Student Room Group

If someone hurled a racial insult at you

What would be your reaction out of the 3 options below-
1. Hit him
2. Ignore him
3. Run away

Please pick an option and specify your ethnic background ie - East Asian, Indian subcontinent Asian, White european, Afro-carrib black etc.

Scroll to see replies

If someone called me a black bastard, I'd probably just laugh. I'm smiling already.
Ignore him, and silently laugh, or openly laugh, depending on how threatening the person looked :tongue: . I'm White British.

Why would anyone run away? Unless the person started chasing you...
Honestly it depends what they say. And I'm Mixed white and black Caribbean (even though I don't look it) :tongue:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by ~ Aquamarine ~
Honestly it depends what they say. And I'm Mixed white and black Caribbean (even though I don't look it) :tongue:

well, just imagine a vile slur toward your ethnicity(ies) - whats your preferred reaction
Original post by + polarity -
If someone called me a black bastard, I'd probably just laugh. I'm smiling already.

I'd die laughing as well
Reply 6
Ignore them/say something insulting to say back to them based on their appearance.
Reply 7
From your limited options - ignore

White British
Original post by EatMyJunk
well, just imagine a vile slur toward your ethnicity(ies) - whats your preferred reaction

Hmm I'd probably just ignore them

I don't know why it's funny but im still laughing
Original post by Are you Shaw?
I don't know why it's funny but im still laughing

So am I lol
Black - Probably just laugh at and pity the poor fellow for his lack of imagination and being weak minded enough to be convinced of racial superiority due to a lack of melanin in his body.
Laugh and walk away. (White European, English/Irish)

Posted from TSR Mobile
So am I lol

What would be your reaction if they called you a blick bastard? haha
Probably say something mean/witty back to them or ignore them - really depends on the context of what's said, how I'm feeling, what I'm doing and my level of intoxication. Mixed - white and black caribbean.
Reply 16
I'd just ignore it. Though I'm the type of person who looks back on things a lot so I'd be secretly hurt lol

Black British
Reply 17
4) Laugh because something thought it would offend me.
Reply 18
I'd be like

K den :dontknow:

Black British
Reply 19
Depends on the circumstance,

if its just banter with friends then i'd laugh with them,

If someone was trying to piss me off I would again laugh.

If it was someone who was trying to fight me then i'd probably say stuff to him back and if they hit me then i'd probably make them stop fighting and then take them to the police where they would get done with battery or ABH.

If it was just a comment by a random person i would again laugh.

If someone said something to my mum then:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending