Should all police officer's be armed?

In my opinion , i think they should

Whats yours?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yes they should.
yes I agree
Reply 3
Yes. It would be a bit difficult to handcuff someone if you didn't have arms wouldn't it!
I live in Northern Ireland so they are armed but I guess it would help.
Reply 5
No thanks, don't trust em.
No. The police already aren't trusted, and the British Police works on a principal of policing by consent. If all police officers carried guns that wouldn't send a good message, especially as guns are strictly regulated and controlled in the UK, so the general population can't own them easily.

It will also lead to more accidental shootings. I think in situations like the 2011 Riots, all officers should be armed with rubber bullets/tasers, etc, but for normal policing no.
Reply 7
Absolutely not. That would cause criminals to arm up with guns themselves.

Posted from TSR Mobile
No. We would have much more Mark Duggan type situations.
Original post by james1211
Absolutely not. That would cause criminals to arm up with guns themselves.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I hate to break this to you, but they already are.

Original post by ehiamour
No. We would have much more Mark Duggan type situations.

Good, one less scumbag on the streets.
Reply 10
They should have guns with rubber bullets or tasers like in the US.
Reply 11
Original post by Yi-Ge-Ningderen

Maybe in London but not elsewhere.
Original post by Yi-Ge-Ningderen

lol.

Original post by KingKumar
They should have guns with rubber bullets or tasers like in the US.

This is actually a good suggestion. I'm assuming rubber bullets don't kill though.
Reply 13
Original post by ehiamour
This is actually a good suggestion. I'm assuming rubber bullets don't kill though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rubber_bullet

"meant to cause pain but not serious injury. They are expected to produce contusions, abrasions, and hematomas. However, they may cause bone fractures, injuries to internal organs, or death. In a study of injuries in 90 patients injured by rubber bullets, one died, 17 suffered permanent disabilities or deformities and 41 required hospital treatment after being fired upon with rubber bullets."
Reply 14
Absolutely not.
Christ no, give them tasers at most.
Reply 16
NEVER!!!! giving them guns means they would be more likely to use them.
No, it feels more civilised if the police are unarmed, just like the majority of the law abiding public.

However, I do think that people in general, if they have adequate training and mental stability, should be able to possess guns. But that's a different topic.
Yes, they should be able to protect themselves from anyone.

Nobody at all should have guns, but people do, so I think it's only right the police have one.

Original post by felamaslen
No, it feels more civilised if the police are unarmed, just like the majority of the law abiding public.

However, I do think that people in general, if they have adequate training and mental stability, should be able to possess guns. But that's a different topic.

Yeah that makes sense. Police (who specifically fight people breaking the law) shouldn't have guns because law abiding citizens don't have them...
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 19
Yeah we should give them a sword and a bow

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending