The Student Room Group

Feminists: Where Have All The Female Protestors In The Ukraine Gone?

When things were peaceful there were plenty of women protesting in the Ukraine. However, since things heated up the women seem to have disappeared. Why is that?

Do you think the new government should be 50% female, despite the fact it was almost entirely men who were risking their lives since **** got real?

If something similar happened in the US or UK, do you think feminists would be taking up arms and risking their lives alongside the men? Or would they hide away until everything was safe and then pop out of the woodwork, moaning about inequality and demanding 50% of powerful positions despite doing nothing to deserve it? :colone:
Reply 1
**** stirring/10.

From a handful of photos where most people are wearing masks or in a bustling crowd, you can't make the presumption no women are there.
I beg all feminists on this site to not even waste their time here. It's for your own good.

Posted from TSR Mobile
news story today.. Ukraine soilders get trapped in their base by russia soilders/militia, -- the ukraine women/wives of the men came out and confronted the russian soilders to try and bring suplies to the men traiped in the military base..

You sound very pathetic op, - just looking for any chance to take a jab at women/feminists.. it strikes as very weak.
Nice try OP :rolleyes:
There are women there. If you watch Russia Today then you'd actually see that.
Original post by drake10
When things were peaceful there were plenty of women protesting in the Ukraine. However, since things heated up the women seem to have disappeared. Why is that?

Do you think the new government should be 50% female, despite the fact it was almost entirely men who were risking their lives since **** got real?

If something similar happened in the US or UK, do you think feminists would be taking up arms and risking their lives alongside the men? Or would they hide away until everything was safe and then pop out of the woodwork, moaning about inequality and demanding 50% of powerful positions despite doing nothing to deserve it? :colone:

This is a really stupid question. I haven't put a GPS tracking device on all the women in Ukraine, so how the hell should I know where they are? I am also not one of them so I don't know why they have disappeared. It seems as though you're trying to cause an argument.

I've been watching the situation on BBC news and as it has gotten less airtime to make way for the flooding crisis etc. etc., they seem to be spending more camera time what's happening between the soldiers and less time on protests. I don't know how it is in Ukraine, but in many countries women are not allowed in the actually fighting part of the army so perhaps this is why you think they've disappeared.

And to answer your last question, I can't answer for other women out there, but I for one would definitely fight for what I think is right.
Reply 7
Wat is dis. Somebody tell me what OP's tactic is.
Those 'risking their lives' are also mostly fascists. Should the new government of Ukraine therefore be composed mostly of fascists?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending