The Student Room Group

ifs Finance - CeFS Grade Boundaries?

Hi, I'm currently doing the ifs Finance Certificate course and was trying to work out my grade so far. I sat the first unit exam in January which consisted of a multiple choice and a written paper. I was wondering what the grade boundaries were for this because I can't find anything?!

I got 68/100 which I thought would probably equate to a B but I'm not entirely sure. If anyone else has sat this exam and knows the grade boundaries it would be great to know them.

Thanks in advance for any help :smile:
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
Reply 2
Hi there , I was thinking of taking the subject on for next year (year 13) , do you think it's possible to do the full a level course in one year add in already doing economics which relatively similar
Reply 3
Hey, I would definitely recommend doing this course at the AS level as in terms of content it's not very difficult, just lots to learn. I didn't take economics but a couple of guys in my class did and they had a better knowledge at the start of topics but it wasn't long before I understood it.

In terms of doing the full A level I'm not sure, it depends how much work you can afford to put into it because there is lots of content, I assume A2 level would just be a continuation of AS. Fortunately you can do the exams well before your other subjects so it does give you time to focus on them individually (Unit 1 exams in January and Unit 2 in April/May).

Overall I'd recommend the AS, IMO it's easy UCAS points, but the full A level may be too much. Also I actually found it really useful, there's lots of things I'd never heard of which can help you save/'earn' money, it's one of those subjects where you actually feel its relevant to later life. Hopefully this was somewhat useful! :smile:

I should state in answer to my own question, my final overall grade was an A :biggrin:
Reply 4
Original post by RedBantha
Hey, I would definitely recommend doing this course at the AS level as in terms of content it's not very difficult, just lots to learn. I didn't take economics but a couple of guys in my class did and they had a better knowledge at the start of topics but it wasn't long before I understood it.

In terms of doing the full A level I'm not sure, it depends how much work you can afford to put into it because there is lots of content, I assume A2 level would just be a continuation of AS. Fortunately you can do the exams well before your other subjects so it does give you time to focus on them individually (Unit 1 exams in January and Unit 2 in April/May).

Overall I'd recommend the AS, IMO it's easy UCAS points, but the full A level may be too much. Also I actually found it really useful, there's lots of things I'd never heard of which can help you save/'earn' money, it's one of those subjects where you actually feel its relevant to later life. Hopefully this was somewhat useful! :smile:

I should state in answer to my own question, my final overall grade was an A :biggrin:

Cheers ! Very helpful dude
Do you remember what the march retake was about?
I think it's the borderline of an A/B, 56-C 62- B anything above is around an A or A*, the course of fairly easy, but most likely due to the low boundaries

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending