The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Homosexuality - What people think.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by shadowdweller
It's the same study, just a different article.

Yes I know. But I think my article linked to older research.
Reply 81
Original post by clh_hilary
All New Mexico whiptails (a kind of lizards) are lesbians.

So they wont have babies anyway?
And even if they did I think lizards wont adopt babies it is unique to smarter animals.

There are a lot of infertile people. I wonder what people think about them.

That they have an illness/disorder? Just like the Russian guy was saying that gays have disorders, and well backed it up pretty well.
People also believe that black people are women are inferior. Now of course the black community and female community are both strong.

Don't render the old conventional wisdom wrong though.

Inferiority is too broad a word.
There is plenty of evidence to suggest that black people are intellectually inferior to other races. Many will call me a political cliche, but I oppose the hushing and ignoring of other factual points of view which go against the points of view that could be false but are promoted as the ultimate truth, whether with the aid of special interests or without them.
Since we're talking about sources, we have facts at hand, rather than religious script, so such abstractions are not a good way to refute facts.
Original post by Alistair Mac Tir
Inferiority is too broad a word.
There is plenty of evidence to suggest that black people are intellectually inferior to other races. Many will call me a political cliche, but I oppose the hushing and ignoring of other factual points of view which go against the points of view that could be false but are promoted as the ultimate truth, whether with the aid of special interests or without them.
Since we're talking about sources, we have facts at hand, rather than religious script, so such abstractions are not a good way to refute facts.

Ignoring the fact that black people being 'less intelligent' might be due to some other factors (the same way how Chinese/orientals are 'more intelligent'), are you saying that then black people should also not be allowed to adopt children?

Perhaps we should only allowed Chinese to do that. Oh and, not the gay ones of course.
Original post by Dr.Khan
So they wont have babies anyway?
And even if they did I think lizards wont adopt babies it is unique to smarter animals.

They can reproduce without a partner. They just like to have lesbian sex regardless.

Original post by Dr.Khan
That they have an illness/disorder? Just like the Russian guy was saying that gays have disorders, and well backed it up pretty well.

Oh I forgot the fact that gay people are actually fertile and can have babies if they want to.

Or do you mean people who pull out, use condoms, straight people who do anal, catholic priests, etc all have an illness/disorder?
Reply 85
clh_hilary
Females are very different from males with their brain and other biological features, doesn't make them mental patients.
Yay, you read it. Of course they are, because they're the opposite sex..
you are generalising

I've personally met many women who seemed perfectly normal to me
Original post by macworld
.you are generalising

I've personally met many women who seemed perfectly normal to me

I'm making the point that they are.
Reply 87
They can reproduce without a partner. They just like to have lesbian sex regardless.

Oh I forgot the fact that gay people are actually fertile and can have babies if they want to.

Or do you mean people who pull out, use condoms, straight people who do anal, catholic priests, etc all have an illness/disorder?

So you're saying, gay people, in a civil partnership or marriage would go and have sex with females, but they like to **** men anyway?

And they CAN have babies, but they won't, shows how little regard you've got for them. Thats like a straight guy ****ing a lady, but is fine with ****ing a man sometimes - or maybe you, if your straight. You're using pointless arguments a condom... is a controlled method of doing it, and proves that they are more than fertile as they are obviously trying to stop it.
Reply 88
Original post by Dr.Khan
The majority of people do not support homosexuality. This is obvious, throughout every country there are more people against homosexuality than for it. Its an illusion that more people are for it, because as a result of peer pressure and society, people pretend to be for it.

The bible clearly teaches it's wrong as does the Quraan, however the Quraan does not directly condemn being homosexual, but the acts of homosexuality, for obvious and justifiable reasons. Hinduism and Sikhism are also against it. A large percentage of Atheists and are also opposed to it, for the reason of natural selection and so on...

I am personally mixed on the topic, I don't have anything against homosexual people, however I am against homosexual acts. Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve, basically if everyone was homosexual we would decrease in number if proper reproduction was not happening.

What are your opinions?:five:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am all for it. The world would be much better without Islam on the other hand.
The common sense is that something is quite likely to be 'normal' if it exists in every geographical location throughout all periods of history regardless of circumstances, and have even been an act practised by most supposedly heterosexual people. But then of course not everybody studies history.

Pathologies of every kind occur in every geographical region. As an occuring phenomenon it is as normal as any genetic disease or defective fetal development, but it does not stop being a defect. People just need to accept it's a pathology rather than variation, there's nothing wrong with that.
A is a few centimeters higher than B - variation.
Man A has the hypothalamus of a woman and is trying to produce offspring with Man B and can't do it because he has no vagina - pathology.
This is common sense
Original post by Dr.Khan
So you're saying, gay people, in a civil partnership or marriage would go and have sex with females, but they like to **** men anyway?

And they CAN have babies, but they won't, shows how little regard you've got for them. Thats like a straight guy ****ing a lady, but is fine with ****ing a man sometimes - or maybe you, if your straight. You're using pointless arguments a condom... is a controlled method of doing it, and proves that they are more than fertile as they are obviously trying to stop it.

Many same-sex couples have biological children. Please refrain from ignoring obvious facts.

Using a condom and having gay sex both are ways to make pregnancy impossible to an otherwise fertile person.
Original post by Dr.Khan

you do realise that they don't have to have sex to have a baby don't you? also there are people who are attracted to both sexes so for some it's actually fine.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 92
Many same-sex couples have biological children. Please refrain from ignoring obvious facts.

Using a condom and having gay sex both are ways to make pregnancy impossible to an otherwise fertile person.

lol 'biological children' you mean they go and **** women , or they do the test tuby thingy. And think about this, would a gay guy use a condom?
Original post by Dr.Khan

...I think he was suggesting they might choose to sleep with someone male/female in order to have a child?

That and they could have children via IVF or sperm donors etc.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Dr.Khan
lol 'biological children' you mean they go and **** women , or they do the test tuby thingy. And think about this, would a gay guy use a condom?

Both methods exist.

Yes, many gay guys use condoms. But can't see how that's relevant regardless.
Original post by shadowdweller

...I think he was suggesting they might choose to sleep with someone male/female in order to have a child?

That and they could have children via IVF or sperm donors etc.

It's not even important how, but only that they do. He was making the big assertion that they don't.
Reply 96
Both methods exist.

Yes, many gay guys use condoms. But can't see how that's relevant regardless.

DOes a gay guy use a condom to prevent his gay partner getting pregnant? No therefore being gay and a condom are not both methods of controlling being pregnant as you stated before.
(edited 10 years ago)
It's not even important how, but only that they do. He was making the big assertion that they don't.

It makes for a better point to elaborate IMO. But I agree.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Dr.Khan
DOes a gay guy use a condom to prevent his gay partner getting pregnant? No therefore being gay and a condom are not both methods of controlling being pregnant as you stated before.

You're arguing that the fact that this sexual behaviour (ie gay sex) does not lead to pregnancy, hence it is deviant. Then the same can be said to straight people using condoms.

Condoms have many uses, including blowing them up like balloons. That doesn't make them any less than a tool to prevent pregnancy.
Reply 99
Original post by Dr.Khan
There are no lesbian animals, it only happens with males.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh boy, you're joking right?

No, people with a structural mental pathology in my opinion shouldn't be allowed to adopt children.
But I got your point, I just read some articles about gay animals raising orphaned babies.
It doesn't make a homosexual relationship conceptually useful though because they don't produce offspring. Both homosexual and heterosexual animals can die, and both can foster orphaned babies. The usefulness is incidental. You also don't technically need a relationship to perform functions required to take care of a baby.
Homosexuality is a pathology, but it doesn't mean that individuals having this pathology can't be useful.. It's a conceptual confusion the way you interpret my words.

Your description of it as a "structural mental pathology" is arbitrary. You're denying that fostering is useful, although it requires less energy to raise a baby than to make another and then to raise it. Having two parents which are incapable of making another baby gives that fostered baby the best chances of survival. In animals it is beneficial for there to be a relationship so that one parent can gather food whilst the other cares for the baby.

The reason you were using to suggest it was a "pathology" was that it's not useful, which is now moot.

Latest

Trending

Trending