The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Do you consider 'racism' against white people in Britain a legitimate form of racism?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by PaulPaulPaul
Smh no,
You cannot be racist towards a white person end of. You can discriminate and be prejudice but not racist.
You white people on here count someone calling you a cracker racist rather then processes like the prison industrial complex

Whys that? I presume you of the view the majority cannot be victims of racism. The very definition of racism means any discrimination or prejudice based on a person's race is racism.
Original post by TomRomLondon
It's impossible for a white person to experience in the UK and I have never heard or seen a case in the UK that has shown me that racism against whites exists

Not institutionally. Not personally. Not anywhere and if you could point out any case I'd be glad to hear of it

Because get beaten up by non whites is not racism

Because that is Act 1.
Act 2 is one where they will be caught
Act 3 is one where they will be punished bu the law

It's not racism if you can't get away with it

So if I called a black man on the street a "******", beat him up with my KKK buddies (all white people) and got away with it (no CCTV, witnesses etc), I'm not being racist? Right?

What about outside the UK?
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by PaulPaulPaul
Smh no,
You cannot be racist towards a white person end of. You can discriminate and be prejudice but not racist.
You white people on here count someone calling you a cracker racist rather then processes like the prison industrial complex

You do know there are more white people in prison than black. So lets not go down that road of stupidity.
Yup.

If the comment/action is motivated by the color of your skin it's racism, weather you are a majority or minority, in a position of power or not.
Original post by the mezzil
You do know there are more white people in prison than black. So lets not go down that road of stupidity.

However proportional to the wider population there is a larger percentage of black than white.

Same is true for America, and a lot of western/predominantly white nations.

Ethnic Minorities are always grossly overrepresented as offenders in the prison/justice system proportional to their total populations.
Reply 65
of course it's a legitimate form of racism seeing as we're all equal and it's an equal action
Reply 66
I think almost all people would disagree with your 'lecturer'.

Racism = discrimination based on race

That's what it is.

Latest

Trending

Trending