The Student Room Group

Gay adoption?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rosie786
I said "as long as the child gets a good home". Nobody should have a problem with it. No matter if you are for or against gay rights

In that case, I completely agree. :yep:

From your time in the Islamic Society, why do you think people like 'Abu' (or your Christian friend) are so opposed to their children being in contact with homosexuals, that they would rather their children sleep on the streets?
Reply 41
Original post by ILovePancakes
Why?

What's wrong with being brought up by homosexuals?

It's like me asking what's wrong with being brought up by necrophilliacs.

Original post by MostUncivilised
The idea of any children having to live with fundamentalist Muslims sickens me, they are profoundly unfit parents.

And frankly, if you hate modernity so much, why do you opt to live in an advanced area of the planet? Surely there are more "traditional" countries where you would be more comfortable?

I respect your opinion. If you don't want your children to be raised by Muslims then so be it.

You are very correct. I sure wish I was in a more 'traditional' country but circumstances meant I ended up here.

Also, whilst England maybe economically, they're definitely not advanced regarding ethics. :smile:
Reply 42
Is the programme called My Weird and Wonderful Family? Where can I find it?

Most channel 4 programmes are on 4oD
Original post by AbuTSR
Put it this way, if I have children and they somehow end up with no one to care for them (except for homosexuals), I'd prefer they were on the streets.

You'd rather your children suffer, be cold, hungry, in danger & possibly die than get brought up in a loving environment, all because in your sick, twisted mind, two people of the same sex who love each other shouldn't be able to provide a safe, loving home for your children? You disgust me. I hope you're never able to have children you nasty little creature.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jodster
Most channel 4 programmes are on 4oD

I checked 4od but unfortunately there is no link to watch it.
Original post by Law-Hopeful
Even more disturbing is the fact that 3 people (fellow idiots, no doubt) repped that post. :lolwut:

So you struggle to have a meaningful debate, simply because someone holds an opinion that is opposed to the one you hold. If you don't agree with a stance, fine but resorting to branding people 'idiots' is just poor and lowly.
Reply 46
In that case, I completely agree. :yep:

From your time in the Islamic Society, why do you think people like 'Abu' (or your Christian friend) are so opposed to their children being in contact with homosexuals, that they would rather their children sleep on the streets?

I do not know about that because personally if i was religious and even if i was homophobic i would not suggest that because what if someone takes the children from the street and molest them and ruin their whole life.

I have atheist friends but only one who is not gay rights because it is against his morals.

Different people different beliefs.
Original post by AbuTSR

What a cop-out (and an expectedly ignorant one at that). Can you explain how the two are even remotely linked? (NB. You can't, because they're not.)

Are you going to answer the question? I suspect not, because you cannot answer it or justify the utter rubbish you've been spouting.
Original post by AbuTSR

I respect your opinion. If you don't want your children to be raised by Muslims then so be it.

Obviously I don't want my children to be raised as Muslims, but I think more relevant is that extreme homophobes are not fit parents and they should not be permitted to adopt or foster children.

You are very correct. I sure wish I was in a more 'traditional' country but circumstances meant I ended up here.

If you are 18, then I'm sure you could find a way to move.

Also, whilst England maybe economically, they're definitely not advanced regarding ethics. :smile:

Nonsense. A significant part of the reason we are advanced economically and technologically is because of our open-mindedness and liberality. The more religious a country is, the more backward it is in terms of developing new technologies, in developing its economy etc.
Reply 49
I checked 4od but unfortunately there is no link to watch it.

Hmm if it's a new programme it usually takes time to go on. Or if it's older the time may have ran out and it's been taken off. Sorry I'm no help :smile:
Original post by AbuTSR

No it's not. At all. Regardless, there is nothing wrong with necrophillia, as long as those with it don't harm others. What part of the nature of homosexuals means that they would be unfit to look after a child?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 51
What a cop-out (and an expectedly ignorant one at that). Can you explain how the two are even remotely linked? (NB. You can't, because they're not.)

Are you going to answer the question? I suspect not, because you cannot answer it or justify the utter rubbish you've been spouting.

I view them in the same way.

Given that the dead person has given consent, would you say that necrophilia is wrong?

If no, would you let a necrophiliac adopt your child?
Original post by CrumpledFudge
You'd rather your children suffer, be cold, hungry, in danger & possibly die than get brought up in a loving environment, all because in your sick, twisted mind, two people of the same sex who love each other shouldn't be able to provide a safe, loving home for your children? You disgust me. I hope you're never able to have children you nasty little creature.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you for restoring some of my faith in humanity.

Original post by Manlikesalam
So you struggle to have a meaningful debate, simply because someone holds an opinion that is opposed to the one you hold. If you don't agree with a stance, fine but resorting to branding people 'idiots' is just poor and lowly.

If you espouse barbaric and ridiculous claims then expect me (or someone else) to dismiss them and you.

If you haven't noticed, I have been trying to find out Abu's (and others) justifications for the things they've stated. They seem rather hesitant (read: unable) to produce such justifications thus far.

Original post by Rosie786
I do not know about that because personally if i was religious and even if i was homophobic i would not suggest that because what if someone takes the children from the street and molest them and ruin their whole life.

I have atheist friends but only one who is not gay rights because it is against his morals.

Different people different beliefs.

I see. :smile:

You mention morals, in who's moral compass is letting your own child freeze and go homeless preferable to keeping them safe (even if the people keeping them safe have a different sexuality)? It seems rather arbitrary.
Original post by Manlikesalam
So you struggle to have a meaningful debate

Are you seriously asserting that what yaboy said is "meaningful debate"? Merely saying that adoption by gay couples "sickens" you?

It sounds to me like you're frustrated that such views are viewed with contempt. Bigots hate being called bigots, and they are frustrated by the fact that, these days, it is considered to be revolting to be a homophobic bigot
Original post by AbuTSR

Given that the dead person has given consent, would you say that necrophilia is wrong?

The dead person hasn't given consent... They're dead. That is the main difference between necrophillia and homosexuality - one is consensual and the other is not.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I fully support gay adoption but the kid would be exposed to bullying and homophobia while they were growing up.
Original post by AbuTSR

Homosexuality and necrophilia are not analogous. Nice try, though
Original post by AbuTSR

Why is the question I'm (and ILP & others) are asking.

If they were in a fit mental state at the time, then I wouldn't particularly object.

Why would my child be put up for adoption? That is a different scenario to the one you initially proposed; if it was between my child being homeless or being cared for by a 'necrophiliac' then I would opt for the necrophiliac. As long as he didn't act upon his urges (bit difficult unless he killed my child, which I'm assuming you didn't mean) and treated my child well - then I see no issue. :dontknow:

Now that we've (me, ILP & MU) all answered your questions, how about you answer our questions? Just a thought.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 58
Original post by CrumpledFudge

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aha, did I hit a nerve?

It's more a last resort if there's no family members who'd take them in. :smile:
Original post by De Chirico
I fully support gay adoption but the kid would be exposed to bullying and homophobia while they were growing up.

I wonder if they would. I think the world has changed a lot, in more advanced areas of the country I very much doubt they would be, and there are even people on TSR with gay parents who say their schoolmates are cool with it and they haven't been bullied because of it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending