The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Homosexuality vs Incest

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Abdul-Karim
The argument homosexuals make regarding being allowed to do what they do is that there are two mature people consenting which doesn't harm anybody.

So how about if a Mother and Son / Dad and Daughter (being of age) were to engage in sexual activity (incest) or a romantic relationship?

Shouldn't that be deemed acceptable as to the standards of many 'homosexual rights' advocates.

Thoughts?

Disclaimer: This is not a hate thread towards homosexuals but much rather a question to help clarify my understanding on why those who advocate homosexuality don't advocate other 'similar' (in the loosest sense) affections which go against modern day dominant ideologies.

Further Disclaimer: I personally don't condone any of the above.

Homosexuality is between two adults. Incest (as it is often practiced) involves an adult and a minor.

Homosexual coitus is no more unhealthy than heterosexual coitus. Plus, no one gets pregnant in homosexual coitus. Pregnancies from incest have a high probability of generating a child with genetic related disorders than pregnancies from non-incest.

That's pretty much it.
Original post by vincentjack
Such as?

All the health concerns that arise from Sodomy (the form of intercourse used with gay men)
I don't even see why the two are in the same sentence.

Homosexuality is just the same as heterosexuality. Both perfectly acceptable, healthy and right! There are no health problems in homo couples that don't occur in hetero couples. (Anal happens between both!)

Incest is wrong and can lead to serious health problems especially when reproducing. This is usually down to a parent instigating 'feelings'.
Original post by Juichiro
Homosexuality is between two adults. Incest (as it is often practiced) involves an adult and a minor.

Homosexual coitus is no more unhealthy than heterosexual coitus. Plus, no one gets pregnant in homosexual coitus. Pregnancies from incest have a high probability of generating a child with genetic related disorders than pregnancies from non-incest.

That's pretty much it.

If said minor was of age (and used contraception) you would have no problem?
All the health concerns that arise from Sodomy (the form of intercourse used with gay men)

Such as?
Original post by (Ari)
Well you're right, people who want gay rights but sneer at incest are simply hypocrites (so pretty much every gay right activist). Fact is humans shouldn't be doing either of these because it's not natural. The popular argument against this is that homosexuality occurs in nature, but guess what else also occurs in nature? Animals eating their young, eating their own faeces and a whole load of other **** that doesn't (and shouldn't) apply to us. We're above animals, that's plain to see, anyone who denies it is an imbecile. If we're all sticking to this dumb logic "it occurs in nature" then we should all be grilling our turds and sticking them on naan bread along with a side helping of our children's limbs. No :facepalm2:

If we're all sticking to this dumb logic "it occurs in nature"

That's your dumb logic:

Fact is humans shouldn't be doing either of these because it's not natural.

:facepalm2:
there is nothing morally objectionable with incest whatsoever - it's an issue we've all been culturally brought up to see as repugnant
people who breed within their own families are more likely to end up with mutations down the line
but that's regardless of the fact that incest doesn't automatically mean sexual reproduction
technically it's legal, though, for people with serious genetic disorders to reproduce, so why not incest couples?
I honestly have no idea how people bridge this double standard logically
why are we locking people up in 2014 for something so trivial? a dangerous mix of government and culture, just like government and religion
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 27
5* thread

Would read again
Original post by EmmaHalley
I don't even see why the two are in the same sentence.

Homosexuality is just the same as heterosexuality. Both perfectly acceptable, healthy and right! There are no health problems in homo couples that don't occur in hetero couples. (Anal happens between both!)

Incest is wrong and can lead to serious health problems especially when reproducing. This is usually down to a parent instigating 'feelings'.

How about if the feelings are legitimate (or at least claimed to be) by two consenting adults of age. Would there be any wrong-doing in that instance?

Are you talking about AIDS/HIV transmissions. Did you that a study came out with evidence saying that HETEROSEXUAL FEMALES (can't remember what ethnic group) have the HIGHEST transmission rate? Did you know that LESBIAN FEMALES have the lowest transmission rate?

Please explain further about the health concerns...
If said minor was of age (and used contraception) you would have no problem?

Nope. As long as it didn't start when they were underage.
Original post by (Ari)
Well you're right, people who want gay rights but sneer at incest are simply hypocrites (so pretty much every gay right activist). Fact is humans shouldn't be doing either of these because it's not natural. The popular argument against this is that homosexuality occurs in nature, but guess what else also occurs in nature? Animals eating their young, eating their own faeces and a whole load of other **** that doesn't (and shouldn't) apply to us. We're above animals, that's plain to see, anyone who denies it is an imbecile. If we're all sticking to this dumb logic "it occurs in nature" then we should all be grilling our turds and sticking them on naan bread along with a side helping of our children's limbs. No :facepalm2:

All you've shown with your examples of eating your own young/faeces is that the 'it's natural therefore it's good' argument is balls. It undermines your own argument.
Parent-child I would be wary of, I think the power imbalance, even as adults, would be too great combined with the possibility of grooming for the day they turn adult. Brother-sister and similar (cousins already are so it would probably mainly be this, Uncle/Aunt-nephew/niece would be one which varied massively by case and I think, as with the age of consent, it's best erring on the safe side) I think should be permitted with contraception.

The main issue with incest is, like any crime should be defined in my opinion, it risks inflicting harm on a non-consenting party, namely a child born with increased risk of birth defects, contraception takes away this risk. An issue might be enforcing it, namely that if you use imprisonment you further disadvantage an already disadvantaged child, but sure it could worked upon.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by manchesterunited15
That's your dumb logic:

:facepalm2:

Nope, I was playing devil's advocate and stated the main argument vs "it's not natural". Learn to read kthxbai
Reply 34
Original post by Clip
I did a dissertation on this.

Interesting, what degree are you/did you read?
Original post by PythianLegume
All you've shown with your examples of eating your own young/faeces is that the 'it's natural therefore it's good' argument is balls. It undermines your own argument.

But that's the main argument gay rights people have :lol: That's why they're so desperately trying to find a gay gene etc.
Reply 36
Original post by (Ari)

says it is wrong because it is not natural, says that something occurring in nature doesn't make it acceptable. right :rolleyes:
Original post by (Ari)
Nope, I was playing devil's advocate and stated the main argument vs "it's not natural". Learn to read

:rofl2: Of course you were.

kthxbai

Are you a 14 year old girl in 2009?
?? no comparison lol
Original post by DorianGrayism
Because any Parent/Child adult relationship that is likely to have began as Child abuse.

Therefore on that basis it should be illegal.

However, I don't really have a problem with Cousins or whatever getting it on. The entire problem with that are the significant medical issues that could arise and the tax payer would have to foot the bill.

dont pretend. protection and abortion is always there to stop your medical issues.

other than that, no problems with incest right?

Latest

Trending

Trending