Do you hate Americans? Watch

Vienna
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Tomorrow2Day)
Less and less able implies both.
Is it possible to be "less able" and yet still remain a "big fish in the pond"?
Jamie
Badges: 18
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Douglas)
Kondar, re: the high cost of health insurance. Part of the problem is our litigious society. Bush has been pushing for tort reform since 2000, but your buddies in congress want no part of it.

HMO's are not a governmental enterprise.
o come on tis a problem with ALL politicians. Most have a law bacground so are steadfast against tort reform.
it has gotten silly, and worse thing is its spreading to other countries like here, and we are even slower at reform than the US.
If it takes the US 20 years to push through reforms you can garauntee it'll take us 50.
Douglas
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by foolfarian)
o come on tis a problem with ALL politicians. Most have a law bacground so are steadfast against tort reform.
it has gotten silly, and worse thing is its spreading to other countries like here, and we are even slower at reform than the US.
If it takes the US 20 years to push through reforms you can garauntee it'll take us 50.
Farian, you might be right, but in the meantime, our ob/gyn's are paying $100,000 a year for malpractise insurance.
psychic_satori
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
ok, i personally think GM is fine, as does most scientific evidence.
but imagine how you would act if a country which had promised you aid, all of a sudden said "look guys, our population think this food is a bit dodgy, and it will take over all your own crops if planted and force you to buy our pesticides and fertilisers. Now its worth nothing in our country, but we'll "sell" it to you for the £20m we had promised to give you"...
Brings to mind the saying "Beggars can't be choosers."
Douglas
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Kondar)
Bush spends like there is no tomorrow. What did you think of his tax cut proposals back in 2000? Everyone I know KNEW that they would not work, that they were incredibly irresponsible..
To my knowledge, historically, tax cuts have led to increased investment, which leads to economic expansion, which leads to increased revenues.

It seems to me that if incoming revenues track an expanding GDP, everyone comes out ahead.

You know Kondar, the problem with you lefties is.....to shlt GWB, you really can't attack the economy, so you attack the military as a means to embarrass Bush. Most of you Iraqi war haters claim that you support our soldiers......yeah right.
Jamie
Report 13 years ago
To my knowledge, historically, tax cuts have led to increased investment, which leads to economic expansion, which leads to increased revenues.

It seems to me that if incoming revenues track an expanding GDP, everyone comes out ahead.

You know Kondar, the problem with you lefties is.....to shlt GWB, you really can't attack the economy, so you attack the military as a means to embarrass Bush. Most of you Iraqi war haters claim that you support our soldiers......yeah right.
can easily attack your economy, there is a massive deficit, huge debts, and no solution in sight
Jamie
Report 13 years ago
Farian, you might be right, but in the meantime, our ob/gyn's are paying $100,000 a year for malpractise insurance.
Its soooooooo stupid when you think about it. They are paying $100k/year insurance on the offchance that they screw up and have to pay someone else.
in the mean time x amount of that 100k is being skimmed off by accountants, auditors, stockholders...

Its just sooo wasteful.

I have same opinion about the global movement of spring water...
Tomorrow2Day
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Vienna)
Is it possible to be "less able" and yet still remain a "big fish in the pond"?
Sure, you know that. They stabbed Maximus in the leg with a poisoned dagger and he still decked the emperor. And then he went into the field and saw his wife and kids again. It was pretty cool. I particularly liked the musical score.
drago di giada
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I'll reply, since my answer would have been broadly similar (though I would have mentioned a lot more than George Bush). But on the issue of George Bush alone:
Which other "Americans" do you hate?

The Iraq war?
He had congress' backing... couldn't have gone to war without it.

Killing Social Security?
Killing Medicare?
The 90% "phantom aid" figure?
That's what you call... WELFARE REFORM.. and if you ask any american conservative.. we're better-off without it. We already have a deficit that will cause social security recipients to use up all of our federal reserves before I become aged.

GET RID OF WELFARE SO FRIGGIN LAZY- AZZ B'OTCHES CAN'T SAP THE TAX PAYER REVENUE ANYMORE!!!
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Sure, you know that.
Im not the one that needs convincing.
THE UNDERDOG
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Nah, I like the accent on girls....

not the southern accent or storong NY accent....
Bismarck
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago

Don't tell me that you're a Keynesian? Deficits do matter.

Its soooooooo stupid when you think about it. They are paying $100k/year insurance on the offchance that they screw up and have to pay someone else.
in the mean time x amount of that 100k is being skimmed off by accountants, auditors, stockholders...

Its just sooo wasteful.

I have same opinion about the global movement of spring water...
It's not stupid when a malpractice suit can end up costing millions.

(Original post by drago di giada)
That's what you call... WELFARE REFORM.. and if you ask any american conservative.. we're better-off without it. We already have a deficit that will cause social security recipients to use up all of our federal reserves before I become aged.

GET RID OF WELFARE SO FRIGGIN LAZY- AZZ B'OTCHES CAN'T SAP THE TAX PAYER REVENUE ANYMORE!!!
Social Security and Medicare are not welfare.
drago di giada
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Bismarck)
Social Security and Medicare are not welfare.
They were still considering it welfare reform.
drago di giada
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by THE UNDERDOG)
Nah, I like the accent on girls....

not the southern accent or storong NY accent....
Except there are different types of accetns in the states...

South has a different one.. each state at least 2.

Now see.. us New Yorkers have many different accents.. there's the City accent from NYC, also the Western New Yorker accent.. a bit more.. educated you could say.. (ME!), and there are the adirondak accents.. along with many more..

No generalizing please.
Bismarck
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
They were still considering it welfare reform.
Well, welfare is a handout to the poor, while Social Security and Medicare are given to those who pay the relevant taxes.

Except there are different types of accetns in the states...

South has a different one.. each state at least 2.

Now see.. us New Yorkers have many different accents.. there's the City accent from NYC, also the Western New Yorker accent.. a bit more.. educated you could say.. (ME!), and there are the adirondak accents.. along with many more..

No generalizing please.
Don't forget the Italian accent that's attributed to Brooklynites, though most of them have left to Jersey and Staten Island.
drago di giada
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Bismarck)
Well, welfare is a handout to the poor, while Social Security and Medicare are given to those who pay the relevant taxes.

Don't forget the Italian accent that's attributed to Brooklynites, though most of them have left to Jersey and Staten Island.
The italian accent is also attributed to the buffalo area.. I'd know... I have a slight one.. although its not as pronounced as it used to be.

As for SS and Medicare.. they do consider it welfare reform.. it's all a part of it.. that and medicaid.
Douglas
Report 13 years ago
can easily attack your economy, there is a massive deficit, huge debts, and no solution in sight
Farian, I've said this 100 times, our deficit as a percentage of the GDP is nominal, it is NOT high.
Douglas
Report 13 years ago
They are paying $100k/year insurance on the offchance that they screw up and have to pay someone else....
Without tort reform, the payoff may be in the 100's of millions.

drago di giada
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Farian, I've said this 100 times, our deficit as a percentage of the GDP is nominal, it is NOT high.
Our trade deficit has decreased in the last century or so, BUT it is still high..

And we have HUGE debts.. like I said.. we are the #1 debtor nation in the world.
Bismarck
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
The deficit is the highest it's been since Bush's father was in office, and the net increase in the deficit (as percentage of GDP) from 2000 to 2004 is probably the highest since WWII.

Our trade deficit has decreased in the last century or so, BUT it is still high..

And we have HUGE debts.. like I said.. we are the #1 debtor nation in the world.
We didn't have a trade deficit until '71. Now it's over 6% of GDP.

The italian accent is also attributed to the buffalo area.. I'd know... I have a slight one.. although its not as pronounced as it used to be.

As for SS and Medicare.. they do consider it welfare reform.. it's all a part of it.. that and medicaid.
Medicaid is health insurance for the poor, which means that it is welfare. Social Security and Medicare are not given exclusively to the poor.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is most responsible for your success at university

Mostly me (762)
90.39%
Mostly my university including my lecturers/tutors (81)
9.61%

Watched Threads