The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Do you hate Americans?

Scroll to see replies

That SO made my day! :smile: Rep for you! [Edit: Once I can rep you again!]
psychic_satori
That SO made my day! :smile: Rep for you! [Edit: Once I can rep you again!]

Thanks. :smile: You think their plan has any chance of being approved? If not, I wonder on what grounds it will be refused.

djchak
Absolutely agreed . His statement made no sense.

It's a way for the anti-American racists to show their coolness (hating America is the cool thing in Europe and parts of the US right now) without admitting to being racist.
Bismarck
Thanks. :smile: You think their plan has any chance of being approved? If not, I wonder on what grounds it will be refused.

I don't know. It all depends upon the development board, and, if it were any other state, I would say there would be very little chance. That said, New Hampshire is crazy enough that they just might pull it off for the sake of sticking it to him. If its refused, I could see it being done on the basis that the loss of a high profile, wealthy citizen could be more harmful than building a hotel to create jobs. They could also argue that unemployment in the area does not warrant such action. Still, I really hope they go through with it. :biggrin:
psychic_satori
I don't know. It all depends upon the development board, and, if it were any other state, I would say there would be very little chance. That said, New Hampshire is crazy enough that they just might pull it off for the sake of sticking it to him. If its refused, I could see it being done on the basis that the loss of a high profile, wealthy citizen could be more harmful than building a hotel to create jobs. They could also argue that unemployment in the area does not warrant such action. Still, I really hope they go through with it. :biggrin:

*crosses fingers*

I wonder what the response of the judge will be. Will he contradict his own ruling by opposing this plan or will he take one for the team?
Bismarck
*crosses fingers*

I wonder what the response of the judge will be. Will he contradict his own ruling by opposing this plan or will he take one for the team?

I think he'd argue against it, since the homes normally taken by eminent domain have very little value.
psychic--d'you know the code for calling a US mobile from a UK landline? (its New Jersey if that matters) It's so hard to get any clear info from the web, without some cynical **** trying to charge you for it.... :mad:
psychic_satori
I think he'd argue against it, since the homes normally taken by eminent domain have very little value.

It's pretty hard to argue that a hotel will bring in less tax revenues to the city than his house...
Bismarck
It's pretty hard to argue that a hotel will bring in less tax revenues to the city than his house...

Well, if you consider that he'll probably leave the town in a huff, it *could* be considered harmful to lose his residency.
psychic_satori
Well, if you consider that he'll probably leave the town in a huff, it *could* be considered harmful to lose his residency.

Just as harmful as losing a Mussolini or a Hitler.
Bismarck
Just as harmful as losing a Mussolini or a Hitler.

In fairness, death camps are big tourist attractions...
psychic_satori
In fairness, death camps are big tourist attractions...

I was going to say something, but it might be taken as a death threat against the judge, so I won't. :rolleyes:
I'm confused:frown:
naivesincerity
I'm confused:frown:

The Supreme Court has ruled that the government is allowed to force people to sell their property if it can find a private developer who can generate more tax revenues from the same property.
naivesincerity
psychic--d'you know the code for calling a US mobile from a UK landline? (its New Jersey if that matters) It's so hard to get any clear info from the web, without some cynical **** trying to charge you for it.... :mad:

Its 001 isn't it?
Bismarck
The Supreme Court has ruled that the government is allowed to force people to sell their property if it can find a private developer who can generate more tax revenues from the same property.

No, i was talking about trying to call a US cellphone(at least i think it is)
naivesincerity
No, i was talking about trying to call a US cellphone(at least i think it is)

It's 201 for NJ.

Source
Bismarck
It's 201 for NJ.

Source

Its ok, i got it now, thanks anyway

"Could a hotel be built on the land owned by Supreme Court Justice David H. Souter? A new ruling by the Supreme Court which was supported by Justice Souter himself itself might allow it."

Beautiful!
Reply 2578
Do i hate the americans? Yes, yes i do. Or at least my stereotypical view of them (leaving aside any rational knowledge of their distinctions)
TomD22
Do i hate the americans? Yes, yes i do. Or at least my stereotypical view of them (leaving aside any rational knowledge of their distinctions)

Why not visit the US first and then form an opinion? That way you won't have to rely on your stereotypes when deciding how you feel about us.

Latest

Trending

Trending