The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Is it transphobic / bigoted to be gay?

I am a gay guy, and I am attracted to other males who are natural born males, who possess the behavioural and physical traits of males.

On another thread, certain TSRians are claiming that I am a bigot simply because I have said that I don't think I would be attracted to a transsexual man who was born as a woman.

I don't see anything wrong with a gay man saying he is only attracted to other cis-males, or a straight man saying he is only attracted to cis-females. This isn't to put trans people down, I wish them all the luck in the world. I will treat them with respect and treat them as the gender they identify with.

But I won't be bullied and browbeaten and told my sexuality is wrong or I am a bigot simply because my sexual orientation is oriented towards other natural born males. That is fascistic, and it is as offensive as if some homophobe were telling me my sexual orientation is wrong for fancying other guys and not women

Scroll to see replies

No, it's obviously not transphobic or bigoted to be gay.
Reply 2
Original post by Chlorophile
No, it's obviously not transphobic or bigoted to be gay.

And obviously I agree. I'm drawing attention to the browbeating I receive from self-appointed trans spokespeople who say that by being a guy who simply fancies other guys (or a guy who simply fancies girls) I am being transphobic.
Well is it bigoted of me to say I'm not attracted to people who weren't born female? Nope, so don't listen to anyone :biggrin:
Original post by young_guns
And obviously I agree. I'm drawing attention to the browbeating I receive from self-appointed trans spokespeople who say that by being a guy who simply fancies other guys (or a guy who simply fancies girls) I am being transphobic.

Well ignore them, if they're that stupid I really wouldn't worry about what they think!
alright lets say its that blonde man but with tits and slightly longer hair. would u let him break u in then?
Reply 6
Original post by snoop_frog
alright lets say its that blonde man but with tits and slightly longer hair. would u let him break u in then?

That's disgusting (no offence to people with tits and long hair) :lol:

I take it from your interest in the subject that you are rather partial to a chick who's packing heat?
Reply 7
I am a gay guy, and I am attracted to other males who are natural born males, who possess the behavioural and physical traits of males.

On another thread, certain TSRians are claiming that I am a bigot simply because I have said that I don't think I would be attracted to a transsexual man who was born as a woman.

what about a gay that was born man but dressed as a woman during the week?
That's disgusting (no offence to people with tits and long hair) :lol:

I take it from your interest in the subject that you are rather partial to a chick who's packing heat?
the transphobe finds transexuals disgusting? god dayummmm mind is blown

and no man i can't look a penis in the eye i dont swing that way
Reply 9

I can understand why they say that- by saying you would never be attracted to a trans man, you are implicitly insulting trans men. But don't beat yourself up about it- and keep an open mind. Just because you've never yet been attracted to a trans guy doesn't mean you never will.
Reply 10
the transphobe finds transexuals disgusting? god dayummmm mind is blown

Oh dear, did I hit a raw nerve? It's okay mate, we're all friends here. You don't have to be ashamed
Reply 11
Original post by Romula
I can understand why they say that- by saying you would never be attracted to a trans man, you are implicitly insulting trans men

If a guy says he'd never be attracted to a woman, is he implicitly insulting all women?
Reply 12
If the "fit blonde" was the guy on the right in the pic below, and I was the one doing the ramming '(or at least taking turns), then I probably wouldn't mind.

But otherwise no, I must confess the prospect of being screwed by a lady doesn't do anything for me

Hang on. Be very careful. Trans men are not "ladies", nor should they be referred to by female pronouns. They are men.

I cannot believe I needed to post this.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 13
Original post by Romula
Hang on. Be very careful. Trans men are not "ladies", nor should they be referred to by female pronouns. They are men.

You do realise the "lady" in that example doesn't actually exist?
Reply 14
Original post by Romula

And given the creator of this made-up person called her a "her", I don't see what's inconsistent about calling her a lady?
I'm bi so maybe I'm peculiar in this regard, being attracted to both sexes and everything, but I think I'd be attracted regardless of the person's sex/gender. I tend to fancy people in a slightly random way, and it wouldn't bother me if I found myself fancying a transgender person.
Reply 16
Original post by BefuddledPenguin
I'm bi so maybe I'm peculiar in this regard, being attracted to both sexes and everything, but I think I'd be attracted regardless of the persons' sex/gender. I tend to fancy people in a slightly random way, and it wouldn't bother me if I found myself fancying a transgender person.

The question is less "Would you fancy a trans person?" and more "Is it wrong not to fancy trans people?"
The question is less "Would you fancy a trans person?" and more "Is it wrong not to fancy trans people?"

I know, I just wanted to let it be known that not all queer men are against sleeping with trans men, which was implied by the thread title. I don't think it's transphobic, but I don't think you'd necessarily know they were transgender, it isn't like they are legally obligated to tell you. I wouldn't consider it impolite if they didn't tell me necessarily.

Any it isn't transphobic as people don't choose who they fancy.
are u rly trying this hard to convince urself that u arent a transphobe?

u called ladyboys disgusting like 3 posts ago rofl

just accept and embrace it man. why u looking for TSR approval
so ur trisexual?

I don't consider transgender people to be some form of third gender, so no.

Latest

Trending

Trending