The Student Room Group

Men are now more objectified than women

Scroll to see replies

Men have always been objectified (not that I agree with the term/concept) and treated as disposable items in some way or another. Objects most women see men as : ATM, cannon fodder, work horse...
Reply 2
Man up and grow a pair.

:lol:
Moreso ? Maybe not, but a significant enough amount that goes unchallenged ? Yes.

I saw that advert with that plus size model robyn lawley and thought it had an excellent message, telling women to embrace their shape etc. Then at the end of it she's being hollered by a group of ripped 6ft men ... It just undermined the whole thing. Not totally related but yeah.

Having read the whole article I love the tone of it, I really couldn't care less about it. I just find it quite silly that feminists are so quiet about it when they're meant to be working for equality. Instead they're complaining about train seats or compliments.

It's also quite condescending that men are expected to shutup and hit the gym, as the article seems to suggest. It's as if we're not considered human beings. People can't seem to see there can be disastrous consequences for all this pressure to look like Gandy etc
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 4
Oh yes in fifty shades it was totally Christian's body who was objectified not the poor girl tied up, blindfolded and used as a sex doll and who had her diet and everything controlled by a maniac.
Oh wow women like hot men, THIS IS BRAND NEW INFORMATION.
Seriously, 2 movies to say this?
Women are still those who worry about boob size and butt shape and body haor, etc. All we want from men is a ****ing six pack and strong arms. And some bitches want big ***** but I know nothing about that stuff so I'm gonna stop.
As a girl, I found out guys like when they are said to be hot and are very cocky so what's the problem?
When it comes to looks, we are all objectified. The difference is, hotties have a big advantage while the rest are well you'll do or ew gtfo you're not even bangable(line taken from a troll thread but it works!)
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 5
No surprise. Though you can expect a bunch of people in here dismissing this thread because it's about men's problems.
Reply 6
Original post by SiminaM
Oh yes in fifty shades it was totally Christian's body who was objectified not the poor girl tied up, blindfolded and used as a sex doll and who had her diet and everything controlled by a maniac.
Women are still those who worry about boob size and butt shape and body haor, etc. All we want from men is a ****ing six pack and strong arms. And some bitches want big ***** but I know nothing about that stuff so I'm gonna stop.
As a girl, I found out guys like when they are said to be hot and are very cocky so what's the problem?
When it comes to looks, we are all objectified. The difference is, hotties have a big advantage while the rest are well you'll do or ew gtfo you're not even bangable(line taken from a troll thread but it works!)

You sound like you have a double digit IQ. 50 shades of grey was written, and is now directed, by a woman so if you want to complain about objectification women are your problem.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by Wade-
You sound like you have a double digit IQ. 50 shades of grey was written, and is now directed, by a woman so if you want to complain about objectification women are your problem.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's not my fault that writer is a masochistic horny twilight fanatic. I'm saying everyone is objectified women and men and jt's stupid of both parts to complain. Objectification will never stop.
Lol get out.
Reply 9
Original post by SiminaM
It's not my fault that writer is a masochistic horny twilight fanatic. I'm saying everyone is objectified women and men and jt's stupid of both parts to complain. Objectification will never stop.

But you do realise men don't really complain? It's feminists who moan about it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SiminaM

A Friends fan I see.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Wade-
But you do realise men don't really complain? It's feminists who moan about it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's what I said. Guys like being told they're hot. Why all this bother?
Original post by TurboCretin
A Friends fan I see.

Phoebe Buffay is the greatest TV series character.
Reply 13
Original post by SiminaM

Because your original post was having a moan and complaining about a woman being objectified so I was making the point of this thread clear for you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Wade-
Because your original post was having a moan and complaining about a woman being objectified so I was making the point of this thread clear for you

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was saying that 50 shades is a bad example of male objectification because the one being objectificated to oblivion in that book is the girl.
Original post by SiminaM

The fact that men like being called hot isn't the issue. The thing is, guys don't care all that much about other guys being called hot. Guys generally accept the fact that to be more attractive to women, they need to get to the gym and make the best of themselves. You'll never hear a guy (apart from possibly in some far-flung corner of the internet) complaining about the fact that girls like tall guys.

The reaction many girls have to other girls being called hot is completely different - it's to blame men for being objectifying misogynists.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 16
Original post by ilem
No surprise. Though you can expect a bunch of people in here dismissing this thread because it's about men's problems.

Clearly. There are double standards. Deal with it.
Original post by SiminaM
Phoebe Buffay is the greatest TV series character.

Original post by TurboCretin
The fact that men like being called hot isn't the issue. The thing is, guys don't care all that much about other guys being called hot. Guys generally accept the fact that to be more attractive to women, they need to get to the gym and make the best of themselves. You'll never hear a guy (apart from possibly in some far-flung corner of the internet) complaining about the fact that girls like tall guys.

The reaction many girls have to other girls being called hot is completely different - it's to blame men for being objectifying misogynists.

That is one of the many many differences between the sexes. I'm not gonna discuss girls since the issue in this thread is the objectification of men, which I said it's pointless to argue about as most men don't mind, I think.
Reply 19
Original post by Groot
Clearly. There are double standards. Deal with it.

Nope. Deal with it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending