The Student Room Group

How to deal with police that carry guns

A breach of the peace is when two or more people complain to the police about an incident that has disturbed them.

So, if you and a friend are disturbed by seeing police walking into sandwich shops etc toting weapons to kill people, then just report them. By law they have to be charged.

If enough complaints are made then they'll have to reverse the decision to allow police to carry arms for everyday policing.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by aaronlowe
A breach of the peace is when two or more people complain to the police about an incident that has disturbed them.

So, if you and a friend are disturbed by seeing police walking into sandwich shops etc toting weapons to kill people, then just report them. By law they have to be charged.

If enough complaints are made then they'll have to reverse the decision to allow police to carry arms for everyday policing.

You'll make QC yet! I'm not sure you can just go crying to the plod enough times and then they'll just bin their weapons. Armed police are a necessity, but they shouldn't be wandering around aimlessly with guns, they should always be armed for a reason.
I generally find police in Sandwich shops are more concerned with how many sandwich fillings they can get away with and still pass the annual fitness test. They aren't toting guns to kill people.

Police with guns are generally okay as long as you don't point your own gun at them. So don't threaten them and it will be okay (*).

If you are black and American, please disregard this advice.
Reply 3
Original post by Quantex
I generally find police in Sandwich shops are more concerned with how many sandwich fillings they can get away with and still pass the annual fitness test. They aren't toting guns to kill people.

Police with guns are generally okay as long as you don't point your own gun at them. So don't threaten them and it will be okay (*).

If you are black and American, please disregard this advice.

I don't have anything against the individuals, just the worrying escalation towards violence that the state encourages and supports by the actions it takes.

If we keep following the route America is taking then it'll be Jade Helm in the UK one day.
I've yet to see armed police 'totting guns to kill' in a sandwhich shop or anywhere for that matter...
Reply 5

I think you've misunderstood the law of breach of the peace.

Anyway in Scotland, the police service attempted to have more officers carrying guns on routine patrols. It was widely rejected, they were held to account, and the Chief Constable is now pretty close to having to resign.

That's what democracy is. When the Government try to present it as an 'operational decision', ignore them.

I don't want police randomly patrolling our streets with guns.
If you think police with guns here is bad, try walking around in other countries like France, or America, where it's standard issue for them to carry guns...
Personally, I see no problem with police carrying guns, and I am all for having them as standard issue to all police officers.
If there are no guns how do we defend ourselves from a zombie apocalypse?
Reply 8
So I wrote to my MSPs and got an answer from Labour:

"Aaron I think the routine arming of the police is wrong and not a route we should go down but whether it is a crime or not in itself would ultimately be for the courts to decide. You would have to speak to a lawyer about this but your point is well made."
Reply 9
Didn't the last time a person who was killed by an officer unlawfully spark riots around the UK?

They are well trained imo
Reply 10
Original post by ryanb97
Didn't the last time a person who was killed by an officer unlawfully spark riots around the UK?

That was not my original point which was that we are heading towards a US style culture with all the rise in killings that implies. Violence only begets more violence.
Reply 11
Haven't seen any police carrying guns

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
That was not my original point which was that we are heading towards a US style culture with all the rise in killings that implies. Violence only begets more violence.

At the same time a bulletproof vest only gets you so far....

With criminals getting their hands on weapons, the police should be able to defend themselves

Posted from TSR Mobile

Never seen it as a problem.

Violence is the intention to hurt. The polices intention isn't that.
When I was on holiday in America, I saw various police officers with guns and I felt safer than I ever did in the UK.
Reply 15
Original post by ryanb97

That's why police policy is to shoot to kill, not to wound or disable?
Reply 16
Original post by Andy98
At the same time a bulletproof vest only gets you so far....

With criminals getting their hands on weapons, the police should be able to defend themselves

The irony is if the police are armed then the criminals have no choice to bare arms at least as lethal. Violence only begets violence.
Reply 17
Original post by ryanb97

Just as well you weren't wearing a backpack on the underground.

So, if you and a friend are disturbed by seeing police walking into sandwich shops etc toting weapons to kill people, then just report them.

"Everybody on the floor!!

"Yo!! dumbass!

Give me a foot long chicken teriyaki with Italian herbs and cheese bread or I'ma fill every mother ****er in here with lead!"
Reply 19
Original post by ryanb97

Yeah they stopped a guy, shot him and discarded the weapon. They are well trained, at knowing how to be above the law

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending