The Student Room Group

Gcse PE Edexcel 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hollie1903
Who did you relate it to? Like which sport?

I related it to the discus thrower. I said the two fitnesses that have the biggest impact on a discus thrower's performance is muscular strength and power. I said that weight training would be very effective but you must have the correct programme and that you should give them heavy weights with low reps and not light weights with high reps as that will improve muscular endurance which won't improve performance. I also talked about long term adaptations such as mitochondria and myoglobin stores increasing and more oxygen readily available so more energy at a single time from respiration so more power resulting in a further throw.
I hope that this is a valid point!
Original post by Jumpy15m
I related it to the discus thrower. I said the two fitnesses that have the biggest impact on a discus thrower's performance is muscular strength and power. I said that weight training would be very effective but you must have the correct programme and that you should give them heavy weights with low reps and not light weights with high reps as that will improve muscular endurance which won't improve performance. I also talked about long term adaptations such as mitochondria and myoglobin stores increasing and more oxygen readily available so more energy at a single time from respiration so more power resulting in a further throw.
I hope that this is a valid point!

My answers are so weak, i struggled on them I didn't understand what they wanted :s I think you'll do really good then based on that answer.
Original post by Muaaz98
Lol sorry that question was in some past paper, I remember reading the markscheme from Edexcel for it.
Doubt anybody will be releasing an unofficial mark scheme for this PE paper on tsr, big 80 marker and not many people doing PE :biggrin:

Why don't we all just make a mark scheme together? I'm pretty certain of how the mark scheme will turn out so why don't we just quickly make one?
Original post by mazdadon
Why don't we all just make a mark scheme together? I'm pretty certain of how the mark scheme will turn out so why don't we just quickly make one?

Ill help, ill need reminding in some of the questions though haha
Original post by Shk
Hi, everyone i took my PE gcse today and i found it really hard! Did anyone else finder it harder or weirder than usual???

hi i found it very hard but do u know how many marks i need to achieve a grade A in my theory if i got 47/60 in practical??
Original post by MØRGS
had to be narcotics, peptide hormones increase oxygen level but weight training is anaerobic exercise, so it's not needed

Nope. It is peptide hormones - HGH increases muscle strength and EPO increases the number of red blood cells!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Alkus16
Does anybody do edexcel ICT?

Yup
What about the circuit training one because that didn't give you a sport?

was media the correct answer for that newspaper question and was the one before that peer pressure?
Original post by jacob1371
was media the correct answer for that newspaper question and was the one before that peer pressure?

If I'm right,

the newspaper one was image
the one where his friends did it was people
the one for close to his home was resources (for the location)

What grade do you think you get or hope for?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 149
Original post by *SweaterWeather*
I found I often was unsure what the examiners actually wanted us to write :/ and the last question...just...what? o.O

I had no idea what they wanted us to write about the skeletal system :confused:
If I'm right,

the newspaper one was image
the one where his friends did it was people
the one for close to his home was resources (for the location)

What grade do you think you get or hope for?

well i though you had to be specific so i put media but i dont know...
i did short course, can you tell me how much the AOP and the pep worth or give me a link to a source that tells me how much they are worth for short course
What about the circuit training one because that didn't give you a sport?

For that one, I spoke about every method of training, I described what theyre and what you do in them and whether or not they would be an effective method of training. I then summed it all up with a conclusion.
Reply 152
Yeah in my practical I got 10,10,10,9 and I needed 6 marks in the exam to pass, based on last years Mark scheme.
Yeah man was a trickily worded paper, didn't feel comfortable with it at all and PE is a subject I'm generally good at
Original post by mazdadon

Hmm if anybody has the paper and uploads it, I reckon we can make that happen!
I was thrown a bit by the question on muscle contractions when throwing a javelin, that was horribly worded. Also, how does weight training help a thrower in terms of their skeletal system? I just talked about bone density briefly? Also mentioned applying FITT and progressive overload so they had greater muscle mass and power to throw their objects the furthest.
Reply 156
Original post by Matthew13
I was thrown a bit by the question on muscle contractions when throwing a javelin, that was horribly worded. Also, how does weight training help a thrower in terms of their skeletal system? I just talked about bone density briefly? Also mentioned applying FITT and progressive overload so they had greater muscle mass and power to throw their objects the furthest.

Was that the one were it said something like 'what type of muscle movement results in moving from A to B' (the javelin thrower 1 mark question). I put isotonic? I agree about the wording. What did other people put?
I said bone density & strengthens ligaments and tendons, that's about it.
Narcotics, to mask the pain when lifting the weight. Did it in an end of unit paper, btw the six markers were hard!
no, EPO increases red blood cell count.
The OTHER peptide hormone in the spec was human growth hormone, which increases muscle mass
No I didn't actually, no need to apologise :biggrin:
I thought that the questions about how we're very confusing as the first question was about self esteem and then the next question was about serotonin which all link together?

Quick Reply

Latest