The Student Room Group

Marijuana legalisation in the UK: Yes or No?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by VannR
It is no worse for you than alcohol, and certain much better than any of those 'legal highs' which people can take now.

I'd say it's a lot worse, you can overdose on alcohol and its easy to drink to much without realising and also alcohol is addictive

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just think of all the tax generated.
Original post by aaronlowe

If an adult with a developed brain (usually around 21+) wants to smoke a dube then the damaging effect is less than if they were 13. It's still damaging though. Effects your ability to remember things and hold attention. Can also affect mood swings and states and obviously can cause paranoia when you take it.

Make it like alcohol, not legal until you are 18+
Reply 43
Legalise that sweet herb, king salasiyaa...Jah rastafari....ganja is the way
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
Make it like alcohol, not legal until you are 18+

I'd make it 21+ but yeah that's a possibility. You realise that no matter what age by legalising it that would open it's use to some children.
Reply 45
Original post by Shakz

You are definitely not rastafarian...

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'd make it 21+ but yeah that's a possibility. You realise that no matter what age by legalising it that would open it's use to some children.

Like alcohol is now and other 100% illegal drugs. God knows I knew plenty of people who smoked weed at high school. Although it was less than those who smoked normal cigs.
I support legalisation, as it could lead to the regulation of the market. Making the product safer for consumption and less attractive to criminals as a way of quick profit.
Original post by Oscar.
Yes but this is a thread on making marijuana legal, if you made it legal you'd be able to be prescribed concentrate CBD and also many people have created high CBD strains which are a massive medicinal help

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm talking far stronger than you can ever get from smoking it. Its already legal under license for companies to develop stuff from it so bar smoking it, there's no gain for anyone from legalizing it.
It's not legal already lol? Cuz shhhheeet I sure never cared about that before...!:bong:
but no seriously it needs to be legalised and then regulated like alcohol and fags, like age limit ting. It needs to be decriminalised like it's harmless, it's even prescribed as a medication and fullblown legal in other places, so seriously what is the issue? They're just trying to find any little reason to incarcerate people :nah: It's like they're still terrified of back in the old days when people didn't know the limits and ended up getting hysteria; these days people self-regulate how much they smoke at a time, if you know how to properly purchase bags, gut wraps, and roll up.
Yes.
Original post by A level sufferer
Why is legalisation of drugs a big thing. If someone was going to smoke weed, it doesnt matter if its legal or not and vice versa. Illegalisation just makes it harder to source, it doesnt actually deter smoking it as its a habit forming drug and thus users generally dont give 2 fingers about the consequences

True, if you really want to smoke weed, it's pretty easy to get some, but the quality of said weed is the issue. You don't know what else they put in with the weed, there's a lot of dodgy stuff that can be added and that's usually what messes with people. Having it legalised and regulated means that you're getting safe weed.
Original post by SemperLiber
True, if you really want to smoke weed, it's pretty easy to get some, but the quality of said weed is the issue. You don't know what else they put in with the weed, there's a lot of dodgy stuff that can be added and that's usually what messes with people. Having it legalised and regulated means that you're getting safe weed.

Yeah exactly my point, legalising weed and other drugs would just increase the safety for consumers as it allows for regulation and other safety measures whereas illlegalising it will just increase the risk without massively affecting the demand and or availability
Reply 53
Original post by Oscar.
You are definitely not rastafarian...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why?
Original post by Shakz

Ganja is like laughing gas lol
Reply 55
Original post by Rakas21
I'm talking far stronger than you can ever get from smoking it. Its already legal under license for companies to develop stuff from it so bar smoking it, there's no gain for anyone from legalizing it.

Then why would there be medicinal marijuana clinics if people couldn't produce marijuana with high CBD which has great health benefits? You're wrong, watch the culture high

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 56
Original post by Shakz
Why?

A real rastafarian wouldn't post that on a thread for marijuana legalisation, you're probably hyoed because you've smoked your first spliff

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Oscar.
Then why would there be medicinal marijuana clinics if people couldn't produce marijuana with high CBD which has great health benefits? You're wrong, watch the culture high

Posted from TSR Mobile

Presumably the pain effects. If people actually believe that smoking it cures cancer then they might as stop visiting their doctor and go to a homeopathy clinic.

I shall later.
Reply 58
Original post by Rakas21
Presumably the pain effects. If people actually believe that smoking it cures cancer then they might as stop visiting their doctor and go to a homeopathy clinic.

I shall later.

Can you please watch the god damn documentary, it'll explain where I'm coming from. If you don't then I can only make the assumption that you're a close minded person

Posted from TSR Mobile
My source is a newspaper article I read last year. I don't carry around a library in my head you know - only human :colondollar:

I'd say legal drugs have as much or more damaging effect. But they are traditionally accepted and make the government a lot of money so they'll never get rid of them (even though more money is lost via the NHS treating diseases cause by such). Not to mention the moral deformity this creates.

If an adult with a developed brain (usually around 21+) wants to smoke a dube then the damaging effect is less than if they were 13. It's still damaging though. Effects your ability to remember things and hold attention. Can also affect mood swings and states and obviously can cause paranoia when you take it.

Like all drugs, they take away more that they give in the longrun. I don't mean medication, though that's probably true of some medication as well. I mean mind altering drugs.

Sorry. But I believe most of that is false. Like you I am not a library. But if I get time to check tomorrow I'll find some shiz.

Professor Nutt basically found that pretty much everything the government was preaching about the drug in regards to it's effects was untrue and considerably better than legal drugs such as alcohol. So the government decided to sack him from his advisory position.

Most of what you said is very hand wavy. The only solid finding is that it can worsen schizophrenia, but doesn't cause it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending