Turn on thread page Beta

My favourite pro veganism quotation! watch

ReputationRep:
    “As long as Man continues to be the ruthless destroyer of lower living beings, he will never know health or peace. For as long as men massacre animals, they will kill each other. Indeed, he who sows the seed of murder and pain cannot reap joy and love.”
    ― Pythagoras

Who agrees? When I see a meat eater, I can see savage backwards human beings who haven't left their caves yet. How can humans expect there to be world peace when we butcher each other, animals, and destroy our planet?

If everyone understood veganism, they would understand the importance of caring about all life, not just human life. Only then can we strive for world peace. Pythagoras was millennia ahead of his time. What a legend!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    i believe veganism is a disease

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ihatePE)
    i believe veganism is a disease
    Being kind to animals is a disease? Damn....

ReputationRep:
    My favourite vegan quote is Theodor W. Adorno
    “Auschwitz begins wherever someone looks at a slaughterhouse and thinks: they're only animals."
    Adorno who said it was a jew himself!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rock_climber86)
    Interesting quote! Not heard that one before! Thanks for sharing .

What daydreamer said. How can caring about animals be a disease? If it is, then so be it i'm happy to have this 'vegan disease'. I'm happy i'm not a meat-eating savage. For me animal killers and eaters fall into the same category as rapists, paedophiles, murderers and torturers. They are the real disease on this planet, not Vegans.
    I dont agree that veganism is a disease but i certainly dont agree with you categorising meat eaters with rapists and paedophiles either.
    People are entitled to their opinion on what they eat and noone on either side of the argument should judge the other because each have their own reasons that the other side will never be able to understand while theyre on the other side.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BekahMay)
    I dont agree that veganism is a disease but i certainly dont agree with you categorising meat eaters with rapists and paedophiles either.
    People are entitled to their opinion on what they eat and noone on either side of the argument should judge the other because each have their own reasons that the other side will never be able to understand while theyre on the other side.
    That is my personal opinion. Just like it was that guys that veganism is a disease

Also that is not necessarily true they won't be able to understand. In another thread I made quite a few meat-eaters said they understood and saw the moral arguments against eating meat but were "too weak to go Vegan".

It's down to how open minded you are to new ideas. Most TSRians seem to be narrow minded and very fixed on their views that we have a god given/evolutionary right to eat meat, which is rubbish. Basically this is a dumb person's argument.

ReputationRep:
    That is my personal opinion. Just like it was that guys that veganism is a disease

Also that is not necessarily true they won't be able to understand. In another thread I made quite a few meat-eaters said they understood and saw the moral arguments against eating meat but were "too weak to go Vegan".

It's down to how open minded you are to new ideas. Most TSRians seem to be narrow minded and very fixed on their views that we have a god given/evolutionary right to eat meat, which is rubbish. Basically this is a dumb person's argument.
    True, most people do assume that because our ancestors eat meat we must have to yet decide that other aspects of their lives were wrong
    Could i ask why youre vegan rather than vegetarian? I know there is still alit of ethical issies with alot of animal products but say for example free range eggs do you have any issue with them?

ReputationRep:
    True, most people do assume that because our ancestors eat meat we must have to yet decide that other aspects of their lives were wrong
    Could i ask why youre vegan rather than vegetarian? I know there is still alit of ethical issies with alot of animal products but say for example free range eggs do you have any issue with them?
    oh god don't get him started on the chicken thing again

ReputationRep:
    For me animal killers and eaters fall into the same category as rapists, paedophiles, murderers and torturers.
    Lmao what a sad life that must be for you.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I didn't know you could be a professional vegan these days? They make a sport out of anything now...

ReputationRep:
    If someone tried to stop me from eating meat i'll end them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Odd socks)
    oh god don't get him started on the chicken thing again
    Im guessimg he is against free range then my mistake sorry :P

ReputationRep:
    This is my viewpoint as a vegan: Even if I had a neighbor who looked after chickens and loved them and didn't eat them, only used them for eggs, I STILL wouldn't buy eggs from them.
    1. After being a vegan for ethical reasons, I discovered how healthy being veganism is. Eggs are full of cholesterol and fat - what person who cares about their health is going to eat them?
    2. Eggs are essentially chicken menstruations - unfertilised waste. Thats enough to put me off.
    3. Everyone owning backyard chickens and free-range farms isn't sustainable - its how we started before getting to factory farms - watch the documentary Cowspiracy to find out more about this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daydreamer4life)
    This is my viewpoint as a vegan: Even if I had a neighbor who looked after chickens and loved them and didn't eat them, only used them for eggs, I STILL wouldn't buy eggs from them.
    1. After being a vegan for ethical reasons, I discovered how healthy being veganism is. Eggs are full of cholesterol and fat - what person who cares about their health is going to eat them?
    2. Eggs are essentially chicken menstruations - unfertilised waste. Thats enough to put me off.
    3. Everyone owning backyard chickens and free-range farms isn't sustainable - its how we started before getting to factory farms - watch the documentary Cowspiracy to find out more about this.
    Fair enough, I only really get confused when people accuse you of eating dead chicks since that makes no sense as its unfertile
    Really didnt realise eggs were that unhealthy

ReputationRep:
    Cows are raped and their babies taken away from them at birth so humans can have their milk, not the calves. Cow milk is for calves not for humans. I don't drink milk because I don't agree with taking what belongs to an animal without their permission, and also ethically speaking, I cannot justify the murder of calves just so humans can drink their milk instead of the calves. Also cows are forcefully artificially inseminated against their will to make them pregnant. The whole milk industry is gross and that is mostly why I don't drink milk. Even 'free range' cows have their calves taken away and killed as they don't produce milk. Even if the calves were not killed I would not drink the milk because I don't agree with using animal products against an animals will. If animals were to communicate with us and give consent I would still not drink their milk because it is fatty and bad for us and I don't agree with using products from another animal species. Something about me sticking my mouth around a cow's udder seems wrong. Have you thought about it like that?

Onto hens now. I am against eggs because they are destined to be chickens. Would you eat the embryonic sack of a human baby? I doubt it, so why do it for a chicken's baby? Even free range chickens are bred to lay eggs and they are taken against the chicken's will. They have no say about what happens to their eggs. We simply take it. This is wrong.

Fundamentally I believe it is wrong to take anything from an animal without their consent. Animals are raised in barbaric conditions in the meat, dairy and egg industries. People who eat these animals and claim to care about animals are hypocrites, because you cannot be part of the industry which tortures, murders, rapes these animals and claim to 'care' about them. It doesn't make sense.

The above are my reasons for going Vegan. I became a vegan after watching a documentary called Earthlings. I stayed a Vegan because I kept reminding myself what happens to animals for their products and that kept me on the Vegan path, supplemented by the knowledge that my lifestyle choice is the best for the planet in terms of it having the lowest carbon footprint and the smallest environmental impact overall, compared to a vegetarian and indeed a meat-based diet.

Meat eaters gross me out. It sounds weird but I truly see them as savages. When I see anyone wearing leather or goose down or anything from an animal I think about how ignorant or uncaring they must be. That is partly why I made that argument about them being similar to paedophiles and rapists. If you drink milk you are partaking in the industry that requires the rape of cows. It would be unthinking doing that to a human for their milk but because it's a cow it's okay? No. Cow rapists and human rapists are the same. People who are paedophiles and eat meat are the same in my eyes by virtue of meat eaters being part of the industry that requires the psychological and physical abuse of animals just so they can eat meat. Meat eaters are sadists in my eyes. How can they eat meat knowing an animal with feelings and a nervous system, an animal that feels pain must die so they can eat.

I'll stop there before I get into trouble with the mods! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    “As long as Man continues to be the ruthless destroyer of lower living beings, he will never know health or peace. For as long as men massacre animals, they will kill each other. Indeed, he who sows the seed of murder and pain cannot reap joy and love.”
    ― Pythagoras

Who agrees? When I see a meat eater, I can see savage backwards human beings who haven't left their caves yet. How can humans expect there to be world peace when we butcher each other, animals, and destroy our planet?

If everyone understood veganism, they would understand the importance of caring about all life, not just human life. Only then can we strive for world peace. Pythagoras was millennia ahead of his time. What a legend!
    My favourite quote is "If slaughterhouses were made out of glass, nobody would eat meat" something along those lines

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saeed97)
    If someone tried to stop me from eating meat i'll end them.
    You epitomise meat-eaters, thank you . The same level as paedophiles and rapists in my eyes.

(Original post by driftawaay)
    Lmao what a sad life that must be for you.
    Killing animals is not funny. If you think it is you are no better than paedophiles and rapists and murderers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by driftawaay)
    I wasn't laughing at the animals being killed. I was laughing at your stupidity.
    Why am I stupid? For being passionate about animals? Because I don't eat meat? :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    You epitomise meat-eaters, thank you . The same level as paedophiles and rapists in my eyes.

Killing animals is not funny. If you think it is you are no better than paedophiles and rapists and murderers.
    I need to end you. We cant allow such stupidity the opportunity to breed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes)
    My favourite quote is "If slaughterhouses were made out of glass, nobody would eat meat" something along those lines
    Do you mean the one like this:

“If slaughterhouses had glass walls, everyone would be a vegetarian.”

― Paul McCartney

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 30, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.