The Student Room Group

Are young women of today making themselves ill?

So women in their twenties and early thirties are choosing to do a lot.

Many of the women of today are choosing to study to degree level or higher, work demanding competitive jobs and go out whenever they can . Plus spend a ridiculous amount of time on social media. Many work in tough jobs whilst studying say a MBA at the same time. All of this is fine. But I have also noticed many of then getting illnesses that in my mum's generation were much rareer. Anaemia is almost expected now, everyone seems to have something wrong with either their bowels or ovaries, and insomnia is much more common. I know this is all anecdotal evidence but I but most will think yes "there is something to this". Lets see.

Are these being caused by the hectic lifestyles women are choosing or something else? Or maybe you don't think there is an increase in these illnesses. Comment below.:smile::bricks:
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Trevormacdonald
But I have also noticed many of then getting illnesses that in my mum's generation were much rareer.

How exactly have you noticed this?

Lets be honest - This is an attempt to bait the Feminists.
I can't be the only one who thinks that this thread is extremely sexist :unimpressed:
(edited 8 years ago)
Women probably do lead more stressful lives now, and stress reduces the immune system, making individuals more vulnerable to illness. So yeah, we probably do get more ill.

I've also been told that men get ill less often now? Sign of easier times eh? :wink:
Original post by Reue

"Women are not making themselves ill, it is society's expectations which are doing that" - Tumblr user, definitely.
Ofcourse I believe women should do what they want before anyone starts.
(edited 8 years ago)
So women in their twenties and early thirties are choosing to do a lot.

Many of the women of today are choosing to study to degree level or higher, work demanding competitive jobs and go out whenever they can . Plus spend a ridiculous amount of time on social media. Many work in tough jobs whilst studying say a MBA at the same time. All of this is fine. But I have also noticed many of then getting illnesses that in my mum's generation were much rareer. Anaemia is almost expected now, everyone seems to have something wrong with either their bowels or ovaries, and insomnia is much more common.

Are these being caused by the hectic lifestyles women are choosing or something else?

Same thing happens to guys most likely (obviously not problems with ovaries, they haven't got them). Don't expect guys to be supernatural and not develop health problems in a hectic and stressful environment. It hits them equally.
I assume you have done the necessary scientific research to come to such conclusions? I assume that you have sampled a sufficient number of the population across a vast amount of area? I assume you have found a probable link between your hypothesis and conclusion?
If not I'm afraid this statement lacks validity.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Reue

Many family members have told me (asian family so we talk). My cousins, sisters, their friends etc.
Original post by caracharlotte
I assume you have done the necessary scientific research to come to such conclusions? I assume that you have sampled a sufficient number of the population across a vast amount of area? I assume you have found a probable link between your hypothesis and conclusion?
If not I'm afraid this statement lacks validity.

Thats why i'm asking to see if anyone else has noticed.....
as long as they obey their husbands.

**** that ****

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Many family members have told me (asian family so we talk). My cousins, sisters, their friends etc.

What a robust sample size.
Ofcourse I believe women should do what they want before anyone starts. as long as they obey their husbands.

I think that's ridiculous. That's toxic in a relationship. Just because this dynamic used to bethe case in early days doesn't make it right. Women have rights.
Original post by Twinpeaks
Women probably do lead more stressful lives now, and stress reduces the immune system, making individuals more vulnerable to illness. So yeah, we probably do get more ill.

I've also been told that men get ill less often now? Sign of easier times eh? :wink:

Yeah men of today definetly have it easier than their dads, no doubt.
Thats why i'm asking to see if anyone else has noticed.....

"But I have also noticed many of then getting illnesses that in my mum's generation were much rareer. Anaemia is almost expected now, everyone seems to have something wrong with either their bowels or ovaries, and insomnia is much more common."

Sounds like a statement to me.
Original post by Twinpeaks

Where did you hear the men getting ill less thing from? I'm just curious it's not a challenge to what you're saying.
To sum up this post:

"Women can't cope with a heavy workload". **** you, OP.
Reply 17
I'm recurring anemic and an insomniac, but I'm not forcing it on myself. Life is led very differently today than to what it was in the last century.
as long as they obey their husbands.

Wow. Just wow. :lolwut:
Reply 19
maybe... but that ain't stopping ME FAM

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending