The Student Room Group

If guns were legal, would you own one?

Scroll to see replies

Yes, in this day and age with the migrant crisis we should probably arm ourselves. I'd own an AR and high caliber pistol.
Reply 21
Speaking as someone who does actually own several guns, I would love the opportunity to bring them into the country, as they hold sentimental value to my family. That said, the guns primary functions would be for decorative purposes, and would be held in such a way that they can't fire
They are legal to an extent already, and I definitely intend on buying a .22 semi-auto and perhaps a shotgun in a few years. Only emasculated bottom-feeders are scared of a firearm.
Only an idiot would own a gun.
Original post by rap11
Am American using a british site?

No way, you lying.

Er, ok.
Reply 25
Original post by 2girls1browser
Only an idiot would own a gun.

or a person that likes guns
Well my family owns many guns legally so I feel you should rephrase the question...
Reply 27
no
Yes. I would like a gun license in the next year or so :yep:
Reply 29
Maybe a handgun in case of robbery

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rap11
A gang of them might sneak up on you and point guns at you.

...and? I'll shoot at least one of them.
and seeing as this gang will know that, if I have a gun, at least 1 of them is going to die, for my wallet.
but *nobody* wants to die or risk dying for a collective goal with the stakes so high. they *all* want to enjoy a reward for their risk. it's a collective action problem.
are they really going to put their life into a lottery draw just for my wallet which might have a few £ notes in it? that will make no sense at all. that's why having a gun would make me feel so much safer.
(edited 8 years ago)
I know how to use one so yeah why not.
I would have at least 2 sub machine guns, you know............ for when the zombies come
Original post by VV Cephei A
They are legal to an extent already, and I definitely intend on buying a .22 semi-auto and perhaps a shotgun in a few years. Only emasculated bottom-feeders are scared of a firearm.

I want a hand gun though. nobody wants a farmer's rifle for defending themselves on the streets.
Original post by sleepysnooze
and seeing as this gang will know that, if I have a gun, at least 1 of them is going to die, for my wallet.
but *nobody* wants to die or risk dying for a collective goal with the stakes so high. they *all* want to enjoy a reward for their strife. it's a collective action problem.
are they really going to put their life into a lottery draw just for my wallet which might have a few £ notes in it? that will make no sense at all. that's why having a gun would make me feel so much safer.

Or they'll sneak up on you and point a gun at you. If they see you reaching to get your gun out then they'd shoot you instantly.

Giving ordinary people the right to own a gun, inevitably will allow gangs and criminals to become armed in much higher numbers.
Yes I'd probably get a pistol for concealed carry, then a few automatic rifles at home.

I'd probably also get a sniper rifle for hunting/taking out targets.
Reply 36
but *nobody* wants to die or risk dying for a collective goal with the stakes so high. it's a collective action problem.
are they really going to put their life into a lottery draw just for my wallet which might have a few £ notes in it?

I think the gang will assume that you wont dare take your gun out if there are four of them threatening to kill you if you try to resist.

If four people each have a gun and they mange to sneak up on you - i think its fair to assume you will listen to their demands and not try to shoot any of them as that will be suicidal for you.
I want a hand gun though. nobody wants a farmer's rifle for defending themselves on the streets.

Ideally yes, concealed carry would be nice. But as it stands, you can buy semi-auto AR-15s and similar in .22 cal for home defence which is pretty fit for purpose.
Original post by VV Cephei A
Ideally yes, concealed carry would be nice. But as it stands, you can buy semi-auto AR-15s and similar in .22 cal for home defence which is pretty fit for purpose.

only semi auto though. Fully auto would be nice.
no, i would prefer a dagger :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending