The Student Room Group

Most Teens aren't heterosexual and don't believe in gender study shows.

https://www.jwtintelligence.com/2016/03/gen-z-goes-beyond-gender-binaries-in-new-innovation-group-data/

Do you guys think we are heading towards a gender neutral bisexual society?

Scroll to see replies

No. Those who aren't completely homosexual are probably just incidentally bicurious.
And there is not much significance in 56% of US Gen Zers know someone who uses gender-neutral pronouns. For instance, a whole year group could know one person who uses gender-neutral pronouns and yet they're a minority.
(edited 8 years ago)
They forgot to ask me clearly... :cry2:
Reply 3
Lol ok. Gender neutral pronouns, I think the new generation are all ready to finally put a nail in this country and be taken over by the Russians, Indians, Chinese and Brazilians. Oh well, natural selection I guess.
Everyone is at least a little bit gay :wink:
Gender is a fact, you can choose not believe in it but it will still exist.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by Kvothe the arcane
No. Those who aren't completely homosexual are probably just incidentally bicurious.
And there is not much significance in 56% of US Gen Zers know someone who uses gender-neutral pronouns. For instance, a whole year group could know one person who uses gender-neutral pronouns and yet they're a minority.

But it's not only about gender neutral pronouns, 56 percent said they wear clothes not designed for their own gender.
Last week Zara launched a gender neutral collection, last year YouGov made a poll that showed half of young people in the uk see themselves as not completely straight either.

So is feminism right is gender like sexuality just a social construct?
Reply 7
Original post by DiddyDec

Posted from TSR Mobile

I believe in gender but it seems the fast majority of young people don't,
like i said even Zara launched a gender neutral collection, more people see clothes as just clothes, a lot of people see sexuality now as something fluid a similar YouGov poll showed that 51 percent of young people in the UK don't see themselves as completely straight either so there is clearly a changing culture there.
Reply 8
I wanna know the methodology for this one..
Was probably given but I'm lazy
Original post by annaew
But it's not only about gender neutral pronouns, 56 percent said they wear clothes not designed for their own gender.

Im curious how many are men vs women.
In the tumblr generation, everyone's a speshul snowflake. I'm not doubting that non hetero people exist, but no way is it anywhere near 54%
Original post by annaew

Young people are naive. They can not believe in it all they like, but it will still be there.

Posted from TSR Mobile
The study was done in the US- the only country that is more PC/special snowflake than us. I have never met anyone, or even known anyone who knows someone who uses this weird pronoun chit.

As far as I am concerned, these freaks are just trolls or twitter/tumblr obsessed people.
Original post by richpanda
The study was done in the US- the only country that is more PC/special snowflake than us. I have never met anyone, or even known anyone who knows someone who uses this weird pronoun chit.

As far as I am concerned, these freaks are just trolls or twitter/tumblr obsessed people.

Chit is a poor choice of word. It already has a meaning.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Chit is a poor choice of word. It already has a meaning.

Posted from TSR Mobile

okay how about making a point related to the thread?
Reply 15

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think you mean 'sex' is a fact. Gender, can be put up for debate.
Aw what?? I'm not in the minority anymore?? Smh :frown:
Sexuality is fluid. Glad it's not a taboo now. Brojobs are quite common they say. **** labels

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by annaew
like i said even Zara launched a gender neutral collection, more people see clothes as just clothes, a lot of people see sexuality now as something fluid a similar YouGov poll showed that 51 percent of young people in the UK don't see themselves as completely straight either so there is clearly a changing culture there.

Er the study in no way shape or form stated that younger people don't believe in gender.

All it asks really is if gender boundaries are weaker now (and not to what degree). Anyone with half a brain at any age will know gender boundaries are less prominent than say in the 50's-70's. But even then most still would believe gender is a thing and defines a lot of behaviour.

Quite a pointless study and result really. Doesn't really say anything.
Original post by richpanda
okay how about making a point related to the thread?

Already have.

Original post by Zarvee
I think you mean 'sex' is a fact. Gender, can be put up for debate.

No. I mean Gender. It is a thing, whether that be binary or non binary. Just because something is a social construct does not mean it doesn't exist.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending