The Student Room Group

Muslims: Do you believe homosexuality should be illegal/criminalized?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by al_94
I am tolerant of everybody as long as they are respectful but looking at your post count I'm 99% sure you're a troll and I think I've encountered you before. Seriously you guys need to get a life this is an addiction find some new hobbies instead of trolling on the internet.

okay. oops i replied

Posted from TSR Mobile
But ironically Muslims dont consider them Muslims. I mean come on..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lol okay first of all these results won't mean anything because non-Muslims can vote, including any Islamophobes.

(I'm a Muslim)

No I don't think it should be banned, I think you should be able to do whatever you want to do

That recent poll that you mentioned is so stupid btw. Generalising 3million Muslims from only 1K participants. The questions also were in such a manner that could have been misunderstood. What I find funny is that when talking about the non-Muslims the documentary says "no non-Muslim agrees with violence in the UK" or whatever BS.
Empiricism, **** yeah!

(There's no way he's reading all that, though)
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by KaminiZindagi
So what you are telling me that this ummah is not capable of following Allahs command until things are banned. So , the whole concept of " Life is a test, my brother" becomes useless

Posted from TSR Mobile

Some of them yes. And of course you are still being tested on whether you pray, insult each other, not fast etc.

And murder is banned yes? Yet, we still have murderers going to jail and are hence being tested. Same can be applied to alcohol.
Reply 105
Original post by JPO92
I am left!

You are part of the problem with your no borders unlimited mass uncontrolled migration with no language or any requirements
Original post by Hydeman
The options should be 'Yes, it should be illegal' and 'No, it shouldn't be illegal.' (Or even better, change the question to 'Should homosexuality be legal?' and have only yes/no options.)

'No, I'm a tolerant person...' is likely to skew the results because tolerance, as a word, has positive connotations that people tend to want to have associated with them, even if the poll is anonymous.

Don't forget how useless the poll is, considering how anyone, Muslim or Non-Muslims, can vote.
Reply 107
Original post by AhmedMA99
Yes I do think it should be criminalized. And here is why I think it should be.
1- It spreads STDs (Most people don't use condoms in NORMAL relationships because they feel awkward buying a condom. So Imagine buying one with your male friend)
Heterosexual sex also spreads diseases. Moreover, your assertion that people in 'normal relationships' don't use condoms is incorrect.

2- It can lead to the extinction of the human race (not on a period of 20-50 years, but 100+ years)

Only if everyone's sexual behaviour was exclusively homosexual and nobody used any form of IVF, surrogacy etc. which to be quite frank, is a ridiculously unlikely situation.

3- It is not how humans were made.

So? By the same reasoning would you want to criminalise oral sex or masturbation?

4- Even animals DON'T have sex with the same gender.

Incorrect.

5- It is a disease and people should get treated.

It isn't a disease and was dropped from the DSM in 1973, moreover so-called 'conversion therapy' is ineffective. Even if it were a disease, why criminalise it?
Original post by champ_mc99
Don't forget how useless the poll is, considering how anyone, Muslim or Non-Muslims, can vote.

Yes, there is that. There's no foolproof way of preventing that, but the least that could have been done was to make the poll public so that users whose religious beliefs are well-known couldn't skew the results. Oh well. :moon:
Not really sure why Muslims reckon they're gods gift, what gives Muslims the right to judge people as inferior? Winds me up
1- It spreads STDs (Most people don't use condoms in NORMAL relationships because they feel awkward buying a condom. So Imagine buying one with your male friend)
2- It can lead to the extinction of the human race (not on a period of 20-50 years, but 100+ years)

In reply to your "reasonings" -

1) Gay sex spreads the same amount of STDs than straight sex would. Also, who the **** is in a relationship where buying contraceptives is awkward?
2) So 5% of the human population will be able to kill off the whole human race??? :biggrin:
3) Your point being??? Either was kissing, hugging, *******. People still do that for sexual pleasure.
4) Yes, they do. Over 500 species have been recognised to have homosexual tendencies/relationships.
5) Oh my god it's like being back in ****ing 1930 :biggrin:
homosexuality itself is not a sin, you can be both homosexual and muslim as long as your love for God overpowers your sexual desires therefore homosexual muslims should remain celibate
No.
Live and let die.
Reply 113

Homosexuality has been widely documented in animals. Flamingoes, penguins, chimps, even a goat.

I think the Flamingoes were called Paul and Frank.
Original post by CHEETS
Homosexuality has been widely documented in animals. Flamingoes, penguins, chimps, even a goat.

I think the Flamingoes were called Paul and Frank.

Pfft the most masculine names ever

Inb4 you can be gay and masculine

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Omen96
You do realise Muslims don't oppose homosexuality OP? The left say it's the religion of peace and tolerance on a daily basis, they vouch it. I'm sure they tolerate homosexuality as a result

Whilst I know this post was facetious, there is in fact room for the acceptance of homosexuality in Islam.
Original post by The Epicurean
Whilst I know this post was facetious, there is in fact room for the acceptance of homosexuality in Islam.

Is there? This is a direct quote from the Qu'ran on such acts:

"Do ye commit lewdness such as no people in creation committed before you? For ye practice your lusts on men in preference to women: ye are indeed a people transgressing beyond bounds." Qur'an 7:77-78 [I think]

And the Hadith is even more blunt:

"When a man mounts another man, the throne of God shakes.....Kill the one that is doing it and also kill the one that it is being done to."

I appreciate there's often room for interpretation in religious texts, but I don't really see how you'd reconcile the suggestion that homosexuality is acceptable with such texts. And before you say it, the argument that 'the Qu'ran/Hadith is from a different time so isn't totally applicable in the 21st century' is not really acceptable. The Qu'ran is considered the truest and most complete form of Allah's word; suggesting that any facet of its doctrine is outdated and wrong is essentially an act of takfir to Muslims.
Original post by KaminiZindagi
A recent documentary revealed that 50% of British Muslims believe such a thing

Evidence ?
Original post by HemmingsHood
NO. Anyone who voted yes can **** off.

Why are people not allowed to voice their own opinion ?

1. No, the exchange of bodily fluids spreads STDs. The biggest proportion of carriers of HIV are heterosexual.
2. ********, with 4-6% of the population being queer? Yeah okay. And we're totally not massively overpopulated as it is or anything.
3. You don't know how humans were made. Furthermore, if God didn't want men to enjoy anal sex he would have stuck the g-spot elsewhere :colone:
4. Yes they do...
5. Okay, evidence?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending