The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Cummerbund

I just got my hire suit for my school prom, and it came with a cummerbund.

The cummerbund has a hook clip on one end and a small little fabric sticking out the other end, the trousers with it came with several straps and lengths of fabric of which im guessing work with the cummerbund.

I've worked out the hooks clip on with a hook on the trousers (theres only one hook on the cummerbund) and so upon hooking that, i bring around the cummerbund as in to clip it onto something else but there isnt anything else to clip it on to..so what do i do?
Reply 1
Does it look something like this?

If so, it doesn't attatch to the trousers. To be honest I've never heard of one that does. It just goes round your waist and clips to itself.

Also, make sure you wear it the right way up. Cummerbunds are worn pleats facing up. Traditionally this was in order to hold ticket stubs and similar items.
Reply 2
simeon

Also, make sure you wear it the right way up. Cummerbunds are worn pleats facing up. Traditionally this was in order to hold ticket stubs and similar items.

Great advice, I'll cheak my guy out before we leave for our prom :smile:
I worked it out thanks to you simeon, the hooks on the trousers were for Braces (like businessmen wear). Rep For You!
Reply 4
No worries.

Just nice to see people making the effort.
Reply 5
cummerbunds look stupid just don't wear it
Reply 6
simeon

Cummerbunds are worn pleats facing up. Traditionally this was in order to hold ticket stubs and similar items.

The guy at the suit rental place told me it was for the morning after pill >.<

Latest