The Student Room Group

white man sexually harrassed me on the bus today

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by tazmaniac97
But why shouldn't i mention his race? Thats what people do here on TSR so why shouldn't I do it? That always happens on the news too so I thought it was okay

Because it's irrelevant. They don't do it on the news, or here. But that's confirmation bias for you.
Original post by f11991
Because it's irrelevant. They don't do it on the news, or here. But that's confirmation bias for you.

They do read news papers
His colour is irrelevant to your claim that he sexually assaulted you. It's the same as claiming that someone didn't sexually assault that women 'in the short skirt and heels'.

Superfluous information.
Original post by AccountingBabe
Poor little snow flake... no one gives a ****.

So you don't care that someone got sexually assaulted? Wow what a heartless thing to say!
... but wont his race be mentioned if it was reported to the police.
I was walking home from uni today and a white man was standing behind me, and he kept coming really uncomfortably close to me. He then proceeded to rub himself on me. I don't want to be too explicit but he basically rubbed his you know what on me. I feel sick even thinking about it. I feel disgusted and violated and I'm crying right now :'(

EDIT: to all the white people getting upset that i mentioned his colour, now you know how we feel

you're going to struggle here, because even if you can remember what he looked like, and can track him down, you have no physical proof. Maybe contact the bus company and see if they have an internal cctv footage of this event. Otherwise it's going to be your word against his?
Original post by AccountingBabe
Poor little snow flake... no one gives a ****.

You clearly do if you're going to post in response to OP.
Not only is this sexual assault but it also sounds like a HATE CRIME.

I'm assuming you are a PoC and I think you were clearly targeted because of this.
Original post by NickLCFC

I'm assuming you are a PoC and I think you were clearly targeted because of this.

Whats a PoC?
Whats a PoC?

Person of colour
First of all, TSR won't catch him, so it's a wrong place to even speak about it. Secondly, colour does not matter, a pervert is a pervert.. Also, you should have shouted ''pervert'' at him loudly so that people nearby (if there were any) heard it to make him feel ashamed.
Original post by NickLCFC

I am a person of colour but I don't think it's clear that I was targetted because of this, he may have had other reasons. He was really weird he tried to ask for my phone number after he did this. Why the hell would I give it to someone who did that to me.
Original post by ForgetMe
First of all, TSR won't catch him, so it's a wrong place to even speak about it. Secondly, colour does not matter, a pervert is a pervert.. Also, you should have shouted ''pervert'' at him loudly so that people nearby (if there were any) heard it to make him feel ashamed.

Yes you're right colour doesn't matter, thats the point I was trying to make. I'm planning to report him to the police tomorrow
Original post by Angry Bird
unless it was a muslim nobody here will care so report it to the police

Yeah its not like the non Muslims have been telling her to call the police.

You are the one that is creating problems that dont exist
Original post by _gcx
A general observation, I don't get the term "person of colour". It implies that Caucasians lack colour, or are "white". (that mindset also implies that African-Americans are black etc.) It just boggles my mind. Anyway,

It doesn't matter. Speaking ill of "white" people is not any more permissible than speaking ill of African-Americans, those African descent in general, those of Asian ethnicity etc.

Overall, it can be called sexual harrassment to some extent, but it cannot be called a hate-crime unless you can guarantee it was racially aggravated. Which I doubt, the person in the OP just seems to be a douchebag.

Its good that you are speaking up I hope you do the same if threads are posted about muslims or asians or black people doing certain things. Mentioning peoples background is unneccesary I agree. No ones background should be mentioned without a legitimate reason and that goes for anyone whether they're white, black, chinese or whatever
tell the police, you should have kicked the guy in the balls
Original post by AperfectBalance
Yeah its not like the non Muslims have been telling her to call the police.

You are the one that is creating problems that dont exist

creating problems that don't exist?!!! Have you been living under a rock or something??! Or do you refuse to take in any information or open your eyes unless it concerns you?!
So you don't care that someone got sexually assaulted? Wow what a heartless thing to say!

Ignore her, she hates Muslims and anybody who isn't white I imagine as well.

Seriously just go report this to the police, what he did was just completely unacceptable and we don't want him to do it again to anybody else.
Reply 38
Original post by Nirvana1989-1994
Report that motherf****r.
Btw, why did you mention he was white lol.

Shut up you dumb idiot. You're a bastard
Original post by Reality Check
His colour is irrelevant to your claim that he sexually assaulted you. It's the same as claiming that someone didn't sexually assault that women 'in the short skirt and heels'.

Superfluous information.

She's just describing the man who sexually assaulted her. What's the issue?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending