This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

What is worse homophobia or racism?

Scroll to see replies

Racism and homophobia are both as bad as each other in my books
Original post by Zargabaath
but jews are also a race.

Original post by Zargabaath
Isrealis aren't Arabs, or Europeans, they're Jews.

Not according to science.
Original post by BritneySmith

No as racism is much worse and has been about for hundreds of years.
Homophobia is recent
Original post by Blue_Mason
Homophobia is recent

It's both bad you can't differentiate them it's just both terrible and it shouldn't be allowed but it makes individuals tougher and stronger in my opinion everyone's opinion is different 😊
Guys I must say I'm quite hurt. I'm Gay. And I absolutely depise the degradation of people simply because of their race, colour of those skin and religion. I would defend the rights of 'these' people to the death. But I'm just not getting the feeling the people I'm defending would defend my rights as a gay teen or would many others defend my rights. Either way I have my morals. I do NOT associate with racists or homophobes.
Original post by Blue_Mason
Homophobia is recent

Lol okay that's sweet so sod homophobia lets ensure the irradication of racism (push homophobia to the back)
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Robby2312
OK maybe I phrased that wrong.But its not in the same way as with gay people.In nearly half the world's countries just being gay is illegal.There is hardly a similar law applying to black people say.There is no law in half the world's countries saying you can't be black for example.Nobody bans the promoting of the black lifestyle like with gay people in Russia.And just because Islamic law is in place doesn't detract from my point,homophobia is still homophobia even under the guise of religion.
exactly. Racism is serious yes, but homophobia occurs in so many more countries than what racism does.
Really? Where in the world are people killed because of their skin colour? There are at least 7 countries that punish being gay with death.And there are loads more where it's illegal and you can be imprisoned.To say that racism is the bigger issue is just ignoring entire swathes of the world.

Unarmed black men are being killed by police in America everyday, and even with video proof there is no justice.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Aladdinsaaane
Not according to science.

Link me pls
I'm genuinely interested in this
Original post by DeclanThatcher
exactly. Racism is serious yes, but homophobia occurs in so many more countries than what racism does.

No it does not.
Lol okay that's sweet so sod homophobia lets ensure the irradication of racism (push homophobia to the back)

So are you homophobic? Be honest if you can no one will hurt you or be mean to you and if so why? I just want to understand
(edited 7 years ago)

Could I ask why? I'm generally interested
So are you homophobic? Be honest if you can no one will hurt your or **** you off and if so why? I just want to understand
How can I be homophobic I'm gay. I'm pointing out that people are pushing homophobia to the back because they are seeing it as less important than racism. Please read what is wrote first.
OK maybe I phrased that wrong.But its not in the same way as with gay people.In nearly half the world's countries just being gay is illegal.There is hardly a similar law applying to black people say.There is no law in half the world's countries saying you can't be black for example.Nobody bans the promoting of the black lifestyle like with gay people in Russia.And just because Islamic law is in place doesn't detract from my point,homophobia is still homophobia even under the guise of religion.

Black people have been racially abused and attacked in Russia, just for being black lol.
How can I be homophobic I'm gay. I'm pointing out that people are pushing homophobia to the back because they are seeing it as less important than racism. Please read what is wrote first.

May I ask why you think homophobia is equal with racism? I disagree with you but I would just like to know

Sorry I didn't know that
Original post by Coutinho_10
May I ask why you think homophobia is equal with racism? I disagree with you but I would just like to know

I wouldn't say they're equal. I just think that if your black in a predominantly white country you might be verbally abused but your not going to be stoned to death or drowned whereas a lot of countries issue this punishment simply for being gay.
Original post by Coutinho_10
Could I ask why? I'm generally interested

I just think it's wrong I also believe homophobica and racism is simply down to ignorance. When you arent brought up correctly by your parents a hate breeds in the person.

As I said it's down to opinion
I wouldn't say they're equal. I just think that if your black in a predominantly white country you might be verbally abused but your not going to be stoned to death or drowned whereas a lot of countries issue this punishment simply for being gay.

Have you seen unarmed black males in America being killed? Where there is video evidence that they have done nothing? There is a lot of antiblackness around the world e.g of a black man went to Russia, although there are no laws against black people, they could be stoned or drowned.
I just think it's wrong I also believe homophobica and racism is simply down to ignorance. When you arent brought up correctly by your parents a hate breeds in the person.

As I said it's down to opinion

I agree, but do you think one is worse than the other or are you neutral?

Latest

Trending

Trending