The Student Room Group

Sexism Against Men and Female Privilege in the British ‘Justice’ System

In the UK conviction rates and prison sentences are lower for women than they are for men FOR ALL CRIMES WITHOUT EXCEPTION from murder to sexual assaults.

Figure A.06, page 13 - https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/380090/women-cjs-2013.pdf

In 2015 the conviction rate for murder for women was roughly 300% lower than that for men and 400% lower than the national average.

Conviction rates for 2015 - https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/crimeandjustice/compendium/focusonviolentcrimeandsexualoffences/yearendingmarch2015/chapter2homicide

National average - https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2012/mar/19/myths-about-rape-conviction-rates

3BCFDDE200000578-0-Free_Young_mother_Katie_Lomas_20_grinned_as_she_left_Minshull_St-a-139_148346.jpg
From two days ago - “Young mother, 20, who left her ex-boyfriend with brain damage after she drunkenly mowed him down grins and gives a thumbs up as she AVOIDS jail”
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4084826/Young-mother-20-left-ex-boyfriend-brain-damage-drunkenly-mowed-grins-gives-thumbs-AVOIDS-jail.html

Government reports on this gender gap in the justice system are discriminatory and bias, often written based on guidance from women and feminist organisations:

acknowledgements (page 4) - https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/380090/women-cjs-2013.pdf

Thanks to this, these reports often wind up fitting neatly with the pro-feminist agenda, dismissing gender gaps affecting men and accentuating issues affecting women. For example, men are more likely to be victims of violence in this country than women. This is very evident in the report cited above but is dismissed by the authors of the report who instead focus on violence affecting women. This fits perfectly with the sexist feminist agenda to priortise women's issues over men as is exemplified by the following article in which Polly Neate feminist and CEO of Women’s Aid explains why we need to start prioritising women over men:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/womens-life/11666990/Domestic-abuse-and-violence-is-not-gender-neutral.-Wake-up-Britain.html

Note: Men are twice more likely to be victims of violence than women in this country.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/crimeandjustice/compendium/focusonviolentcrimeandsexualoffences/yearendingmarch2015/chapter1overviewofviolentcrimeandsexualoffences

Despite this men receive no support as compared to women. This thanks in large part to institutionalised feminism.

We live in a sexist society that outright refuses to hold women accountable for their actions, where women are in a clear state of privilage and working towards protecting and furthering this privilege. This is in complete contrast to men.

(For elaboration and more examples go to page 2 comment 37)
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

bump af
Reply 2
Too much internet 'lingo' for me to take seriously.
Oh and btw, statistics are meaningless unless you explain context.
Original post by StudyJosh
bump af

Thanks for the bump Josh
If feminists were logically consistent, they should be calling for a 50% female prisoner quota.
Women wouldn't be commiting crimes if their husbands put them in their rightful place, the kitchen. There is no crime for making a good sandwich....
The bias and double standards in the system are at work before there are even charges. This is true for sexual crimes in particular, where women are able to get away with things that would cost a man his job, result in a lawsuit, or potentially have him thrown in jail.

Domestic violence is also an area of extreme sexism. A male victim of domestic violence is more likely to be arrested than the female perpetrator when the police are called. This is because the police are trained to assume it's always the man at fault (despite reports showing men being anywhere from a quarter to half of domestic violence victims). Some US police forces actually have quotas where the percentage of women arrested for domestic violence cannot exceed a certain threshold (often as low as 10-15% of the total arrests).

Yet there is a deafening silence from feminists when it comes to these issues in law enforcement and the justice system.

Whether it's commiting a crime or being a victim of crime, I'd be better off as a woman in almost every single situation.
Unfortunately the male victimisation movement of guilty is the same lazy thinking as feminists. To argue that men are subject to sexism because there is a disparity in the statistics alone is analogous to arguing the gender pay gap is the result of sexism.

Could other issues be involved? For example, one would assume the average male in court will receive a longer sentence because there are more aggravating and less mitigating factors involved.
Reply 8
Original post by AngloIndoCrew
Also nearly impossible to be homeless if you are women or an ethnic. All our institutions are zion dominated and anti white english male; feminism now has gotten out of control and *****es simply want more concessions to act like tawdry drunken sluts with impunity. Typical women always playing with fire and then acting like a little **** when they arent strong enough to handle the consequences of their risk taking.

All homelessness is devestating but women are at a greater risk by being homeless than men are so they have to be prioritised. It's not saying women are more important, it's about who is at most risk of assault/death. The problem here is homelessness in general needs to be tackled more strongly.

Feminism really has not gotten out of control, unless of course you disagree with equality between the sexes, in which case you're a lost cause. Neither of these points, both OP's (which I think seriously needs to be changed) and yours (which has a logical explanation), are a result of feminism, they are how things have always been. If you disagree with either point, instead of sitting behind a computer and criticising an unrelated campaign that has done SO MUCH good for people over the past century (and still has so much to be done around the world), go out and protest about these two issues yourself.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by Moura
All homelessness is devestating but women are at a greater risk by being homeless than men are so they have to be prioritised. It's not saying women are more important, it's about who is at most risk of assault/death. The problem here is homelessness in general needs to be tackled more strongly.

Feminism really has not gotten out of control, unless of course you disagree with equality between the sexes, in which case you're a lost cause. Neither of these points, both OP's (which I think seriously needs to be changed) and yours (which has a logical explanation), are a result of feminism, they are how things have always been. If you disagree with either point, instead of sitting behind a computer and criticising an unrelated campaign that has done SO MUCH good for people over the past century (and still has so much to be done around the world), go out and protest about these two issues yourself.

This is factually incorrect, i'm afraid...
Reply 10
Original post by CookieButter

We live in a sexist society that outright refuses to hold women accountable for their actions, where women are in a clear state of privilage and working towards protecting and furthering this privilege. This is in complete contrast to men.

Everything you said was totally right until you said this, which I feel kind of invalidates what you have said, as it is totally wrong. Women do not have the privilege in this society.

If you genuinely care about this terrible discrepancy, rather than just using it as a reason to support your agenda against women being equal, you would not have said this at the end. It's simply not the case. If you were actually wondering why this whole issue exists it is because MEN in the past did not believe women as capable of acts of atrocity as men. It is men that caused this culture in law, and often men that uphold it still. The vast majority of judges are men. I wonder if you compared the sentences of male judges vs. female judges on women there would be any differences.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Moura
Everything you said was totally right until you said this, which I feel kind of invalidates what you have said, as it is totally wrong. Women do not have the privilege in this society.

If you genuinely care about this terrible discrepancy, rather than just using it as a reason to support your agenda against women being equal, you would not have said this at the end. It's simply not the case. If you were actually wondering why this whole issue exists it is because MEN in the past did not believe women as capable of acts of atrocity as men. It is men that caused this culture in law, and often men that uphold it still. The vast majority of judges are men. I wonder if you compared the sentences of male judges vs. female judges on women there would be any differences.

You said that women are at a greater risk of homelessness than men, and i said you were wrong. You clearly don't know what you are talking about i'm afraid. A man can do many months and years on the streets, even die there.

This simply won't happen to a woman, in this situation.
Reply 12
Original post by john2054
You said that women are at a greater risk of homelessness than men, and i said you were wrong. You clearly don't know what you are talking about i'm afraid. A man can do many months and years on the streets, even die there.

This simply won't happen to a woman, in this situation.

Well done, you said I was wrong. Thanks for contributing such a constructive comment to the conversation. You've got me convinced!

If you want to actually change my mind and provide some facts/evidence, then I will listen to you. Otherwise what am I supposed to reply?

It also doesn't change the fact that my point was that this has nothing to to do with feminism, which is what whoever I quoted was saying, it's the way it's always been (due to women being considered at most risk, after children). Its not a change due to feminism. If you do think it's unfair go out and protest about that instead of attacking feminism which is unrelated.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Moura
Well done, you said I was wrong. Thanks for contributing such a constructive comment to the conversation. You've got me convinced!

If you want to actually change my mind and provide some facts/evidence, then I will listen to you. Otherwise what am I supposed to reply?

It also doesn't change the fact that my point was that this has nothing to to do with feminism, which is what whoever I quoted was saying, it's the way it's always been. Its not a change due to feminism. If you do think it's unfair go out and protest about that instead of attacking feminism which is unrelated.

I'm not attacking feminism. I'm actually a big fan. I'm actually married to one. But that doesn't change the fact, that there are more men then women homeless.

This being said, i have seen some homeless women as well. It's not right either way....
Reply 14
Original post by john2054
I'm not attacking feminism. I'm actually a big fan. I'm actually married to one. But that doesn't change the fact, that there are more men then women homeless.

This being said, i have seen some homeless women as well. It's not right either way....

No I was saying the original person I quoted was attacking feminism... read what he and I said, I think you misunderstood what I said.

I never said that there aren't more men homeless than women, I said that, if it is the case that women homeless are helped more than men, it is because when on the streets the average female rough sleeper is at more risk of assault/death/abuse than the average male. So women are more likely to be "saved" from rough sleeping/there is more support for them, meaning there's less of them.

Sorry I thought you were saying that was incorrect without saying why. I know there's way more men on the streets than women.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Moura
No I was saying the original person I quoted was attacking feminism... read what he and I said, I think you misunderstood what I said.

I never said that there aren't more men homeless than women, I said that, if it is the case that women homeless are helped more than men, it is because when on the streets the average female rough sleeper is at more risk of assault/death/abuse than the average male. So women are more likely to be "saved" from rough sleeping/there is more support for them, meaning there's less of them.

Sorry I thought you were saying that was incorrect without saying why. I know there's way more men on the streets than women.

I agree women have more potential support, because they are the frailer sex, right or wrong. And i also know that there are a lot of homeless, and hard working men and women out there, who all need our support...
They commit less crimes.
Original post by CookieButter
x.

This is one of the reasons why as a man I am sexist af. Western women have no f***ing clue how easy their lives are, yet all they do is complain all the time.
Original post by sayan98
They commit less crimes.

I cant work out if you're stupid or if you didnt even read one word of the first post?
Reply 19
Original post by Stella Rubae
I cant work out if you're stupid or if you didnt even read one word of the first post?

The CONVICTION rate is lower because men commit more crimes than women.

Quick Reply

Latest