The Student Room Group

Gcse science ocr

I'm currently on b grades in it but seriously don't know how to revise science, any tips ?
Reply 1
Original post by XTim96
I'm currently on b grades in it but seriously don't know how to revise science, any tips ?

Make revision cards and remember past papers are key, just memorise the mark schemes if you are doing your GCSE's this year especially
Reply 2
There are lots of things you can do, but the general process should be this:

1) learn the content (this could include things like watching youtube videos, using a textbook, making flash-cards, mindmaps, etc.)
2) test yourself (past papers, end of chapter questions, etc.)
3) evaluate how you did, and find ways to improve (use a mark-scheme to check your answers, ask a teacher if you are stuck, look up the answer online, etc.)

A good YouTube channel is called Get To Know Science. A good textbook would be the one made by OCR, or CGP. Use the OCR website for past papers.
Reply 3
Original post by sarahyi
Make revision cards and remember past papers are key, just memorise the mark schemes if you are doing your GCSE's this year especially

Should I make flashcards just for the hard topics I don't understand or everything even If I understand it well
Reply 4
Original post by XTim96
Should I make flashcards just for the hard topics I don't understand or everything even If I understand it well

Well I wouldn't make them for the things I already know it kind of wastes revision time. make them for the things you don't know so well and go over them thoroughly then they'll become second nature to you if you pit the time and effort. Good luck

Quick Reply

Latest