The Student Room Group

Can i still apply for medicine?

My gcse results were so close for being enough to apply for liverpool and Manchester university. I received 3 grade 8's and 2 grade 7s and 1 grade 6. The universities requirements meant that i needed 1 more grade 7. I am in year 12, so is there any chance i can still apply for these 2 universities?
If you don't meet the requirements there is no point applying there. Just apply to medical schools with only minimum GCSE requirements (e.g. Imperial, UCL) and avoid GCSE heavy ones (e.g. Cardiff, Oxford).
Reply 2
Original post by Saadisdaone
My gcse results were so close for being enough to apply for liverpool and Manchester university. I received 3 grade 8's and 2 grade 7s and 1 grade 6. The universities requirements meant that i needed 1 more grade 7. I am in year 12, so is there any chance i can still apply for these 2 universities?

Manchester need 7 x 7s, so you are 2 short there.
Liverpool need 9 GCSEs attained by the end of Year 11 which must include English Language, Mathematic, Biology, Chemistry, and Physics (or Core & Additional Science, combined or triple science) at minimum grade B/6. A minimum score of 15 points from the best 9 GCSEs or equivalents (where A/A/7/8/9 = 2 points; B/6 = 1 points). BTEC (Non-Science) Level 2 and OCR awards (Distinction/Distinction = 2 points) BTEC (Non-Science) Level 2 and OCR awards (Merit = 1 point). Two points is the maximum score awarded in each subject area (e.g. only one of Maths and Further Maths).
So you are 3 GCSEs short there (or a few points).

As pointed out, if you do not meet minimum requirements, you will be rejected.
Liverpool do sometimes allow 12 points if you are applying with AAA at A level already achieved, but you only have 11 points on what you have listed there?
Reply 3
Original post by GANFYD
Manchester need 7 x 7s, so you are 2 short there.
Liverpool need 9 GCSEs attained by the end of Year 11 which must include English Language, Mathematic, Biology, Chemistry, and Physics (or Core & Additional Science, combined or triple science) at minimum grade B/6. A minimum score of 15 points from the best 9 GCSEs or equivalents (where A/A/7/8/9 = 2 points; B/6 = 1 points). BTEC (Non-Science) Level 2 and OCR awards (Distinction/Distinction = 2 points) BTEC (Non-Science) Level 2 and OCR awards (Merit = 1 point). Two points is the maximum score awarded in each subject area (e.g. only one of Maths and Further Maths).
So you are 3 GCSEs short there (or a few points).

As pointed out, if you do not meet minimum requirements, you will be rejected.
Liverpool do sometimes allow 12 points if you are applying with AAA at A level already achieved, but you only have 11 points on what you have listed there?

Sorry, i forgot to add english language which i achieved a grade 7 in, do i have 3 grade 7s

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending