The Student Room Group

Do you believe there are 2 genders

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
What is the wage gap for all the 58 genders ?
Original post by LeCroissant
Gender is just a social construct.

Caitlyn Jenner was born as the wrong social construct. She courageously transitioned from one social construct to the other. She is stunning and brave.
Of course, only 2.
Reply 83
Original post by Dandaman1
Caitlyn Jenner was born as the wrong social construct. She courageously transitioned from one social construct to the other. She is stunning and brave.

Well in the same way that anyone who has ever undergone an operation to solve a problem is stunning and brave, I guess so. I fail to see in what other way though.
Original post by AngryJellyfish
I'll give it a read, certainly. :smile:

Its done. It is being reviewed for having the word 'su***de' in it. Once it's accepted,
you will get the tag...

just a warning ahead of reading it, it is very long.
Original post by evian1232
I started this discussion in public and got mixed response, so what does TSR think?

There are only two gender even transgender people are one or the other
Original post by WoodyMKC
The terms are interchangeable I'd have thought. Same way the terms "gender reassignment surgery" and "sex change" are interchangeable.

Yet it's also society that says gender is a social construct and that your body doesn't define who you are...
SOMEONE SAID IT! There are three of course. Male, female and...

AB.jpg

They do more.
Reply 88
Original post by niteninja1
There are only two gender even transgender people are one or the other

That's what I had always thought, yet there are some who wish to morph the definition of gender to mean your feelings. This poll has demonstrated that society feels otherwise
Reply 89
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Yet it's also society that says gender is a social construct and that your body doesn't define who you are...

Not society as a whole, only select factions, don't think that everyone has accepted the feminist movements ideology of these things, look at recent polling which shows to ththe contrary.
Original post by AishaGirl
Obviously there are only 2 genders

What makes it obvious?
Of course there are more than two genders. There's male, female, and there's attack helicopter.
Reply 92
Original post by Willy Pete
What makes it obvious?

I believe society as a whole still claims that gender is non differentiable from sex and rejects the neo liberalist definition of it.
Original post by evian1232
I believe society as a whole still claims that gender is non differentiable from sex and rejects the neo liberalist definition of it.

Well what society claims and what is actually true are two very different things.
Reply 94
Well what society claims and what is actually true are two very different things.

For many things that is true, but not for the definitions of words, a word only conveys a particular meaning because the majority of the society accepts and upholds it, look what happened to the word 'gay'.
There are two genders but people have tried to create more in order to feel special

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Plantagenet Crown

Society =/= edgy teenagers on the internet, though.
What makes it obvious?

I take it back it isn't obvious.
Original post by Dandaman1

You're confusing the idea of gender and sex. Caitlyn Jenner would have always had the female gender "social construct", hence why she decided to transition into a female body. She was assigned the wrong social constructs and she transitioned from one gender presentation to another in order to physically show her gender.
Yep. As someone once told me, "there are 2 genders and lots of psychological states" :u:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending