84.27%
No (39)
15.73%
evian1232
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I started this discussion in public and got mixed response, so what does TSR think?
EternalLight
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Obviously there are only 2 genders... but some people claim they don't feel they belong to a gender, I think it's called non binary gender. I remember because in the TV show Billions one of the actors identifies herself both in the show and in real life as having a non binary gender.
KnightsTemplar
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by AishaGirl)
Obviously there are only 2 genders... but some people claim they don't feel they belong to a gender, I think it's called non binary gender. I remember because in the TV show Billions one of the actors identifies herself both in the show and in real life as having a non binary gender.
Yes, mentally ill people.
evian1232
Rep:
?
(Original post by AishaGirl)
There is this movement asserting that gender is a social construct and exists as a spectrum.

On the question of non-binary individuals, the argument is that you can believe that you aren't either gender, however I can reject that claim, arguing that gender is binary
evian1232
Rep:
?
(Original post by serah.exe)
Personally, I identify as a potato
Any particular variety?
serah.exe
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by evian1232)
Any particular variety?
Sweet potato
evian1232
Rep:
?
Sweet potato
Well I just ate your kind for breakfast this morning
Bigdave-01
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
There's 2 genders . Gender isn't a social construct. Science 101 xy chromosome for a male and xx for a female . It's the social justice warrior movement who feel a slight bit of anxiety and say they don't feel their a male or female
serah.exe
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Well I just ate your kind for breakfast this morning
That means a lot to me
SinsNotTragedies
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
There are zero.
AngryJellyfish
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I fail to see how identifying as neither/either/both or other harms anyone else.
Bigdave-01
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I agree it doesn't harm anyone . Do what ever makes you feel happy
evian1232
Rep:
?
(Original post by AngryJellyfish)
I fail to see how identifying as neither/either/both or other harms anyone else.
I think its not to do with whether they should or shouldn't be able to do it, I think there is consensus that in a free society, people should have the liberty to do what they want. Its more to do with others forcing them to accept their beliefs, for example, in Canada if you refuse to use someone's gender pronouns you would be in violation of their human rights code.
Supernova36
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Scientifically, as described above, then yeah. But there are many people out there who are scientifically/technically/biologically (however you want to word it) male or female, but would identify themselves in a different way ! Just because a male is (technically) a male, does not mean they will live their life as this ! U dig
Rhythmical
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
You be anything you want to be. You dream of being an apache helicopter? Go for it. You want to identify as a cheeseburger? Do it.
PrettymuchGod
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Personally, I identify as a potato
I hate potatoes.
lmao101
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
be as mentally ill as you want but dont force others to treat you differently because you think your a pansexual non binary whatever
serah.exe
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by XOR_)
I hate potatoes.
Can't believe you hate me for who I am :emo:
AngryJellyfish
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I think its not to do with whether they should or shouldn't be able to do it, I think there is consensus that in a free society, people should have the liberty to do what they want. Its more to do with others forcing them to accept their beliefs, for example, in Canada if you refuse to use someone's gender pronouns you would be in violation of their human rights code.
While I think refusing to use someone preferred gender pronouns is a bit rude and disrespectful (assuming they've let you know what their preference is, of course), I do believe people should have the freedom to do so.
PrettymuchGod
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Can't believe you hate me for who I am :emo:
Potato tears mean nothing to me.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (51)
19.84%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (58)
22.57%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (48)
18.68%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (54)
21.01%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (22)
8.56%
I haven't started researching yet (24)
9.34%

Watched Threads