The Student Room Group

Surds

Solve 7 square root p - p ^2/square root p^3
Reply 1
Original post by Paulgibbs

There's nothing to solve. Actually, I'm not een sure how to interpret what you've written. Post a picture or something.
Original post by Zacken
There's nothing to solve. Actually, I'm not een sure how to interpret what you've written. Post a picture or something.

its a expression that simplies to 6 root p I think.
Reply 3
Original post by Zacken

Meant to say express in terms of p, sorry

There isnt anything to solve. you can simplify that expression easily enough, but what do you want to solve the function equal to?
Reply 5
Meant to say express in terms of p, sorry

It's already expressed in terms of p. Still makes no sense to 'solve' it. Do you mean simplify? If so, please clarify what you mean is it meant to be 7pp2p37\sqrt{p} - \frac{p^2}{\sqrt{p^3}}? If so, what have you tried?
Reply 6
A hint: p2p3/2=p21.5=p\frac{p^2}{p^{3/2}} = p^{2-1.5} = \sqrt{p}
Reply 7
Original post by Zacken
It's already expressed in terms of p. Still makes no sense to 'solve' it. Do you mean simplify? If so, please clarify what you mean is it meant to be 7pp2p37\sqrt{p} - \frac{p^2}{\sqrt{p^3}}? If so, what have you tried?

No I cannot express the formula on my ipad so in words it is 7 Times Square Root of p minus p squared all divided by square root of p cubed
Reply 8
Original post by Zacken
A hint: p2p3/2=p21.5=p\frac{p^2}{p^{3/2}} = p^{2-1.5} = \sqrt{p}

Yes, thanks, got it so the answer is 6p^0.5
Reply 9

Surds

* dies inside from the mere mention of these hellish creatures *
Reply 10
Yes, thanks, got it so the answer is 6p^0.5

Yes
Original post by 0zzu
* dies inside from the mere mention of these hellish creatures *

hellish?! I actually love surds (call me a nerd or whatever :tongue:) but they are literally my fave :wink:
Reply 12
Original post by 08graya
hellish?! I actually love surds (call me a nerd or whatever :tongue:) but they are literally my fave :wink:

I generally love all of algebra except these nasty things. They always catch me out in some way or another.

Quick Reply

Latest